User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I'm that guy that everyone knows is here, but no one talks to.

Status

Gamertag: itsallgoodie Wii Code: No idea but I have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguine View Post
    Actually, Aegilops is the longest word in th English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.

Almost is the longest common word in th English language with all the letters in alphabetical order

I was bored and Google was calling my name.

Back to the original thread.

I should give you bad rep, but I gave you good rep instead. <3
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I'll respond to this one as it might not come up in the story. Durai did know Angel's father, but any interactions with him as a boy might have been a long time ago. Was he aware of who Angel was during during the first attack on the tower? No. He never saw Angel face to face during the conflict, and even then he may not have made the connection. Who controlled the list of names at that point, Scratch.

From 12:

DURAI
    (holding down the receiver, to
    Scratch)
    Which one is this one, now? Burt?
    Ok, thank you, dear.
    (to Burt)
    Burt! Nice to meet you, finally, I
    have heard so much about you.

When Kalani relayed the names, he left out Tunudo. He may not have been aware of it at the time, but the information was only partial.

"Angel who the Mallers and didn't tell anyone?" It's not apparent in the story WHEN he made the connection of Scratch, Latch, and or Durai. But he definitely went to some lengths to NOT let on about it. In a scenario where trusting people is already very difficult, why add to it by declaring a past that might coincide with one of your enemies. He goes to great lengths to try and hide his name from the others. If you listen closely to Chapter 8 he gets very upset that his name is mentioned. Why? Because there's a lot behind a name...
    Now that we know about Angel's past and thinking back over the story, it comes across pretty well that Angel wanted to distance himself from his family name. Something that caught me as kind of odd early on, way back to chapter 1, when we first hear Angel calling Michael, he says "it’s Lieutenant Angel". That came off as odd because it seems as though he should have said "it's Angel" or "it's Lieutenant Tunudo". Now it kind of makes sense that he wasn't proud of the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    Riley must kill scratch. Perferably barehanded on top of a tank thats on fire.
    I misread that as "barehanded in tank tops" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Wow, Durai went out like a Bond villain.
    Durai: "Hey Scratch, I'm gonna kill you."
    Scratch: "Can I say something?"
    Durai: "Sure, I was just kidding about wanting to do this quickly. Besides I have all of your weapons. Just step within arms reach of me so you can hand me your ring."

Great episode! Even though there is a cliff hanger it seems like a mild one. They're inside (CJ, Saul and zombies) now. I kept expecting Zombie-Sean to make an apperance and throw off CJ's focus. Next episode sounds like there will be quite a bit of action. UNLESS the show picks up at fort Irwin. At this point, with their foot in the door (no pun intended) a major cusp has been reached. The story can return to another setting, i.e. Fort Irwin, the same way we left there after discovering Tanya's bite. I've been wrong, all along so far, but I'm prediticing that we'll see Fort Irwin in the next chapter.

It might happen something like this...

Flash back to Chapter 32-3.
    Victor: "Check Check. I put the earpiece in. Can you hear me? "
    Glenn: "We can hear you just fine. I was just about to tell you that the helicopter returned. A soldier named Rile..." Last two sentances are cut off by Saul cutting into the channel.
    Saul: "Glenn, go silent alright? We don't need you clogging up the channel."
    Glenn: Releases the talk button. "If you say so."
    Riley: "Why didn't you tell them not to try anything until our squad arrive? "
    Glenn: "I tried but... "
    Riley: "Where is the Colony? Angel! Is he there too?"
    Glenn: "Oh, about that. I wasn't going to say..."
    Riley: "PETE!!! What is in this bottle? It tastes like water! I try to cook for you, Coq au vin, and you bring me water insted of wine!!!! The chicken is ruined.! Bring me another one!"
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Victor turns into Kyle Reese trying to save John Conners mom. "Follow me if you want to live!" But, Lizzy is harder to rescue than a wounded animal.

Victor: "I'm Victor I'm here to rescue you."
    Lizzy: "Leave me alone."
    Victor: "I'm here with Saul and your R2 unit."
    Lizzy: "I don't believe you."
    Victor: "Saul Phineas Wendle Tink. Mom's name is Tanya, was locked up in jail for shoplifting, favorite color is Duke Blue, scared of cirus clowns since he was five, has a birthmark on his wiener shaped like Mickey Mouse, has a dog named Lady, can't hold his liquor, has a house at 123 Crip Walk Lane in Inglewood, gave you a packet of flower seeds, fixed your lucky bookbag with zip ties, Social Security number ###-##-####, and he sounds like Q-Tip from 'A Tribe Called Quest.'
    Lizzy: "You're lying, someone could have told you all of that. Where is his long form Birth Certificate?"
    ROFL

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Durai should have read Machiavelli! Killing Scratch the way he was planning to do could have been a great way to start building a power base among the slaves and Colony residents. He could have made Scratch the scapegoat for everything bad that happened after the Maller takeover. Instead he just focused on his own whiney complaints, and died. He was a deeply flawed, brilliantly written and acted character to the end.

Anyone else thinking that Saul and CJ have just delivered Scratch's escape vehicle? Bet she'll be less hesitant to ram the gates on her way out!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

There is going to be so much carnage in the next chapter. But it's ok... we're going to Boulder.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    I was kind of in shock when all hell broke loose...but I cannot honestly say I was surprised when Scratch skewered Durai (as soon as he let her talk, I was like..."Oh..no...")

Bricks getting shot...I was surprised and unsurprised at the same time. I'm just glad Victor got to Lizzie before Tardust did. That was the next thing I was expecting...Tar polishing up a knife and calling softly under his breath: "Here blondie, blondie, blondie..."

Although I'm glad that Lizzie and Saul have gotten the chance to hear one another's voices, I'm still concerned because Saul is still in the process of breaking in and not letting any zombies in at the same time. They're across the compound from one another, and a lot can happen in just a few minutes (like Scratch reversing the execution...).

I'm hoping that in the confusion, Lizzie and Victor manange to get Burt out, wherein we learn that Burt's just a good a shot with his other hand (wishful thinking, maybe...) and Scratch gets to try to pry out a slug from her brains...(but I have to admit, that reversal was pretty badass, Scratch).

All I have to say is that I cried a bit after Bricks bought it and Saul and Lizzie heard each other for the first time...very emotionally charged episode!

And WHY?? do we have to wait TWO WEEKS for the next episode?? That's just TORTURE!!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    I see I am not the only one a bit disappointed about how a dumbass Durai is shown to be. He could barely respond to Scratch. I can't see how a man like this could have mastered the mallers so far.
    On the other hand, Scratch going out with a shot in the head from Durai would have been VERY anticlimactic, and I think pulling a Bond Villain on Durai was the only solution to this pickle KC found himself in.

I also did not understand if they manage to close the gate or not. Slowest gate ever, if not

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    - Definition of a Redshirt: a character for whom piano music does NOT play when they snuff it.
    Applies for nameless redshirts only ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    I think Durai was just delusional of his power, and didnt see things the way Scratch did, and maybe how she was right. Hes not a screamer like Scratch and i think he was in shock or surprised for the few seconds that it took for her to scream at him. Its not the easiest thing to talk over someone screaming at you. Hes also surprised with how blind hes been and realising it, and that hes not really the top dog that he thought he was, and discovering that he lacks the support that Scratch has. I think his response and how it played out as quickly as it did was very realistic and shouldn't be surprising. He would have somehow addressed what she was saying if he didnt suddenly have a knife sticking in his chest, although knowing that Scratch had more support he didnt realise she had, he might not have shot her, then again he may have, if given the chance. Point is, his brain was in overdrive with new info and hadnt barely the time to process it before he was skewered, geez give the man a break. Awesome episode.
    Last edited by Robzombie; Aug 21st, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    I predict Burt will get to kill Scratch an avenge everyone else.
    I brought this up some time ago.... and i still think so...But wouldnt be surprised if something completely different happens.
    http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...urt-vs-Scratch
    Last edited by Robzombie; Aug 21st, 2012 at 12:47 AM.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

All that being said so far:

Since Saul/ CJ and Lizzy/ Victor have their sat-phones, they should not have too much trouble finding each other - unless Lizzy makes them move to the place where Burt is locked up, because Saul and CJ were not in the Colony so far.
    Scratch, after having cleared the mess and having made herself the boss, maybe do one thing: getting to Burt in order to check the loyalty of the guard and maybe even interrogating and torturing Burt another time now that she is in her best mood (a blood frenzy). Storywise I think that would make some sense, wouldn't it? But maybe she would try to organize things first ... like checking her loyal troups, the guns, bushing The Colonists back into slavery and more importantly especially fighting back the Zeds while trying to close the gate. And if this won't work, then get into some cars and run away - like always when she is entitled to take responsibility for others ...

And if then Lizzy and Saul show up at Burt's we would face a similar character-constellation like in chapter 6, when Saul, Lizzy and Burt met Latch and Scratch the first time. The main differenc though is that CJ and Victor and probably one to some guards would be in the same place as well ... If this happens, well ... Kind of hard to tell. Scratch might take Burt hostage; maybe CJ now learns the real story about Sean (unlikely); or maybe there will be a Tarantino-style shoot out, but who would be the last man standing? Or maybe Lizzy would be able to involve Scratch into some psycho-talks. which would be kind of odd, but would also work to some degree.
    And I have not tossed the Gatekeeper-faction into this scenario yet. But to be honest: I think the Gatekeeper had his part in the story and won't fill in so soon again - or if he joins then it will be about creating a new group of survivors with him and his comrades to support the main actors in some way. After all: WA is a story of survival.

Looking from the above I think it would be time to make the cliffhanger solid and change the perspective all along - i.e. switching towards Fort Irwin. I may be wrong, but would Fort Irwin be interested in rescuing the Colony; or would they be more interested in analyzing the Inglewood-situation? Also they have all hands to do with Tanya. There may be the chance to re-introduce Riley as well. My prediction therefore: #33 will be about Fort Irwin.

And I don't think that the rescue camp in Boulder will be part of the story soon or even anyway; Kelly, Datu, Hannah, and Pegs had their share in the story. Ok, I give it that: Pegs is the one motivation for Scratch for getting more and more insane and bloodthirsty; but that actually does not require Pegs to get involved with an active part in the story, does it?

Although I am not so happy about how Durai and especially how Bricks died, I am pretty happy that Scratch as the Ultra-Evil-Bitch-No-1 in Podcast-Universe did not die, as many have predicted. And I am pretty excited about how the next meeting of Saul/Cj/Lizzy/Victor/?Burt? will turn out.

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Aug 21st, 2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: correction
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast