User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

We're Not Dead #42

Sound off! What'd you think of Monday's episode?

Where is it going? Relationship status of Bricks/Lizzy? Saul/Cj?...........Glenn/Pete?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    I think it's more like victor and Pete. I mean they sounded really chummy when they were in the colony Pete even knew where victor always hung out..... Maybe there just lovers who don't like eye contact in the mornings because it's too shameful . Anyways I kid I kid Otto I know is going to laugh at this and say no love man. Anyways nick I never saw a reply from you on my post who's scratch's cousin I'd like to know what you think. Read carefully because I ramble. I'd direct link but I'm on moble and lazy. I feel bixby knows its victor maybe. He had to have known that Vic was in there before he went through the gate because he was so casual about the latch being open. An bixby knowing the rules about the gun really wanted to keep it, i mean i would too if i wanted to shoot maller assholes making me be the water bitch. No way he heard Vic over the diesel engine. And yeah I know the voice is bixby no doupt I've heard it too much to not recognize it. I was actually trying to find who the voice was that was relieved of duty by bixby at the end of the episode but hell that's probably a dead end I was just bored at work.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Anyways thought the episode was great thought I'd just throw out some content you'd touch on for the episode. Btw nick I thought the guy at the live event doing comedy and hosting was you and was like I thought nick was white haha I thought his voice sounded like yours. I realized when he started doing comedy it wasn't you tho I mean your funny man but I can't give you that much credit.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Sound off! What'd you think of Monday's episode?

Where is it going? Relationship status of Bricks/Lizzy? Saul/Cj?...........Glenn/Pete?
    Monday's episode was incredible.

Although I was kind of confused about how quickly Lizzy attuned to the situation, concluded things, and created plans based upon the very "trustworthy" behavior of Bricks, I feel comfortable with it, because this gives the whole thing kind of a new or solid spin. In the beginning I considered Bricks to be just the bodyguard, because guys like Tardust were not capable of doing the job. But it looks like there is some kind of weird POW-guardian-friendship between Lizzy and Bricks. I wonder how well this will turn out for anyone. I guess Bricks will die protecting Lizzy in the end, although this is just a wild-card-guess, if you like it that way. Reason: Most of the times the ones die who violate trust that was given to them, like here: Scratch/ the Mallers/ the family trusts in Bricks guarding, and only guarding Lizzy, but not doing things in contrary to the family's, Mallers' or Scratch's intentions.

Scratch won't die. At least not by the hands of Durai or "the family". If she gets cornered, she will unleash the only thing she obviously is skilled in: deploy a killing-spree against those opposing her and maybe those not acting in her favor. And since she is THE antagonist of almost anyone from The Tower, I don't see it coming that she dies or will be exiled in some way; that would take away a lot from the show. Who else would be there to fill in the gap? The gatekeeper? That would be the laugh of the year ...

And I agree: Scratch's behavior around Lizzy and the baby is weird and does not really fit into the picture of Scratch KC has created up until the capturing of Lizzy; and yes, looking into the dark past of Scratch and what she has gone through, things seem to be crystal clear or at least reasonable in an odd way. But at least I wouldn't buy it that Scratch protects Lizzy and the child because of her own experiences. Scratch is highly traumatized about what has happened to her in the family, yet she sticks with the family; and in my opinion Lizzy and the baby are just "something" suitable for Scratch to feed her self-pity.
    At the moment I don't think that Scratch has any further plan with Lizzy. When she captured Lizzy and maybe was not aware of her pregnancy, Scratch might have had plans for Lizzy - like kind of a hostage thing or pressure-thing against The Tower people. This has changed when it became obvious that Lizzy was a becoming mother, because this struck at a soft spot of Scratch (the only soft spot?); and yet I hold it as very likely that, as soon as the situation is right and Scratch sees an opportunity in exploiting Lizzy and/or the baby as a means to coerce others doing things, she will do so - without hesitation, because Scratch is the personification of evil or is at least just that: ruthless without dignity and acceptance for other people. I have no recollection that Scratch did anything in favor of others E-V-A - (that is: EVER)! She acts only in her own interests and only to her favor.
    edit: In my opinion this applies for her cousin as well; she did not care for him, but care for having a "tighter" or "warmer" relation to another person, because in general she is not capable of getting warm with anyone else ...

Btw.: Isn't it funny to see "the family" gathering again? With "family" I mean Lizzy, Saul and Burt? And looking at the title of chapter #32 I even could think of a situation like this: Saul gets into The Colony and gets captured ... dun-dun-DUUUNNNNN! And look who else is there: Scratch ... Just like the very first time at the "stolen" tanker-rig, except for one thing: Latch is away.
    Really, there is a lot of potential for a 1-Megaton-TNT-story-blast over here ...

Anyway: Victor - Bixby ... Funny situation. It is a riddle, what is going on. And here I guess there is not much to draw from; anything would be possible. Considering that Victor is in the water-tank in order to establish some kind of opportunity for the others to get into The Colony, I guess, Bixby and Victor might work together - for now. Motivation for Bixby: Ever since the Mallers are in the Colony, he was treated a lot more like trash then before ...

And Glenn? Well, haven't heard a lot about him lately. But since he is the communications guy for The Colony I guess The Mallers will have left him in this position - because of his skills. Probably he is not alone anymore, like that there could be the communications-cable-guys from the Mallers as well ...

Anyway.
    That's my 2c ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Aug 8th, 2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: corrections
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    " I hold it as very likely that, as soon as the situation is right and Scratch sees an opportunity in exploiting Lizzy and/or the baby as a means to coerce others doing things, she will do so"

- or she will try and steal the baby.

Bit it strikes me as a bad thing that they are ratting out Scratch. If she is out of the picture or turned against LizBricks, then who will protect the pregnant one and her spawn? Unless of course Saul gets there first.

How did Bixby know Victor was in the tank? On the one hand, he was making a hell of a lot of noise in there. On the other hand, Glenn and Pete might not be so innocent. They could be working for the Mallers or they could have intended all along to send help for an armed revolution. Either way they had time to relay the water tank plan to ol' shovel-face.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

what about this broad question:

Why does Lizzy need protection? Who would have an interest harming her or the baby? Or is it just the protection against the zombies (unlikely considering the situation of The Colony)?
    What we know for sure is that Lizzy was captured and held as a prisoner of some kind. But why exactly is that so still four months down the line with The Mallers owning The Colony with plenty of opportunities for Lizzy to get involved in any way?

The only reason why she is kept as a prisoner I can think of is to prevent her from running away and maybe inform Michael and others, although she actually does not know where they would be.

Therefore "someone" may have special plans or created a doubtful scheme around Lizzy and the baby. And the only two persons really involved with Lizzy are Bricks and Scratch ... Durai seems to wonder about Lizzy, but actually not really care so much for her ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I'm curious as to how it will play out with Lizzy and Bricks revealing that Scratch did a family no-no by killing Angel. I really hope that Durai sets his dogs loose on Scratch (as I imagine there are an overwhelming number of Mallers who do not like Scratch). I'd like to see a scene where Scratch flees the Mallony under a hail of gunfire, leaving her a rogue and dangerous solo enemy, like an evil Skittles.

But I'm not sure the Lizzy and Bricks plan will go off without a hitch. It seems too easy. Scratch has to be in the know of this betrayal. Et tu Bricks?

I have suspicions that CJ knows Saul and Victor were lying about who killed Sean died, but I can't come up with a motive as to why she would go along with the Mallony infiltration regardless. So I'm going to assume their lie worked and that CJ will find out at a disastrous moment. KC explained, or at least played devils advocate in a post in the Chapter 32-1 thread that CJ may believe Sean was killed by the Mallers while outside the Colony. I suppose that's good enough to put a kibosh on that theory.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"New Arrival"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hi there,

Why does Lizzy need protection? Who would have an interest harming her or the baby?
    My best guess is anybody who had something to do with the attacks on the tower. Think Tardust just threw it out there that she was in need of a good raping after they burned a few of his friends. Sure he can't be the only one that feels that way. Only thing stopping her from being the next meat mattress is that she's Scratch's buddy.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Dear Hosts of We're Not Dead,

I love you both.

Sincerely,
    That Guy
    joint-point-counter-joint

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Thanks that guy! I dare not speak for britt, but I betcha she appreciates it as well!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast