User Tag List

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    "Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    I cannot wait for Osiris to spin this to Scratchs favor
    You can know why someone does something and not allow them to continue.

EDIT

I listened to most of the Bert scene with face squinched up in a look of pain. It was really hard to listen to and I've decided that if there's a video I aint watchin'
    Last edited by Eviebae; Jul 9th, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
    SKITTLES?

"Lurker"

Status
    Poor Burt...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Forget when Tardust tried to rape Lizzie. Forget when Scratch went to Angel's bedside. Forget when Riley and Kalani encounted the One With The Markings in the mental hospital while standing on a floor littered with fingernails. This is by far the most uncomfortable I have ever been while listening to We're Alive. When Scratch was destroying Shirely I got so uncomfortable that I was starting to feel sick to my stomach. To say nothing of when she cut off his trigger finger. I...I don't have words. It is the LAST thing he has, tearing it away...just...errrr...FUCK SCRATCH.

So now I am pissed and want to left alone in a room with Scratch. Bare hands, that is all I will need, as long as she doesn't have any knives. But she will have knives...ugh. She has crossed the line with me and is making me so mad.

Note I still love Jenna McCombie, but I HATE Scratch right now. I will not share any of my toys with her

Early part with CJ/Saul/Victor gang was good too but just didn't get me so emotionally riled up as Burt being tortured. I do like the fully armed truck that CJ has been keeping in reserve with lots and lots of guns. Kind of like that scene in the Matrix. I like the pissed off, but still refined and cunning Chinwee, out to avenge Shaun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    How is that cliche, and how am I assuming?... She's a murderous psychopath, now she's got a sob story to try and flesh out the one dimension she has and it fails completely. ...Having her backstory that she was raped and was repaid for cutting her Uncles dick off and then using that set of psychopath rules to justify killing all of Pegs friends to get her back for defending herself is cliche. The evil villian trying to get vengence for a percieved crime against her. The only thing she has is anger, and the rape backstory was a waste of air time. I can't believe anyone would sympathize with her wanting vengence for her brother, and using that as justification for her actions. Rape isn't something to make light of, and it's awful she went through that. Doesn't give her character any more depth or reason to act the way she does. Her wanting to kill Pegs because she killed Latch in self defense has nothing to do with her getting raped, it's just a desperate stab at trying to legitimize her psychotic behavior.

I agree that we should all be more civil in dealing with matters of disagreement. If someone makes an unpopular or confusing comment very little is gained by the overkill of ridicule or satire. A better response would be to first determine if everyone is discussing same points and from what perspective. If all else fails, just agree to disagree or wait and see how the story unfolds.

Perhaps we can better judge Scratch's character by examining how she fits into the story-telling, or narrative, structure. By now, most of us have concluded that the story is told from the perspectives of the protagonists from the Tower. Sometimes the story is told from journal entries and other times we witness the story from a third person perspective limited to the heroes' experiences. Our view of Scratch will be limited by the heroes' interactions with Scratch. Keep in mind that she makes rare appearances in the story, and when she is present, she is usually seen by the main characters as a menace from one extreme to another. There have been few instances that would allow us to see her with any depth as those more personal sides of her would not be seen while she is taunting or tormenting Michael, Angel, Saul, Burt and the others. There have been instances when we can hear glimpses of humanity (Not necessarily compassion) in her voice, such as calling out John's name after he is shot, asking Angel if it is OK to pick up her brother's body, comforting a dying Angel or asking Lizzy if she's been sick at the Car dealership. We all can see how her tragic past can leave her scarred, especially when the story of the rape is spelled out for us. But, this is an audio drama and actors must show us things with their voices if the dialogue is vague or not explicit. Listen to how she sounds when Saul is listening to her and Latch outside the clothing store in Chapter 6 part 2 starting around 16 minutes. She says that she is 'not a waste', she is 'useful.'
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

God damnit... I can't read all this. Cliffs? Anyone?
    joint-point-counter-joint

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    What I found interesting was that we learned CJ isn't just a cold hearted bitch, she's a vengeful cold hearted bitch. Rescuing Lizzy, and getting replacement parts for the SAT phone weren't reason enough for her to want to infiltrate the colony. It wasn't until she was told (lied to) about the Mallers having a hand in killing Sean.

About freaking time someone mentioned the 'Lie.' I had to read the 8 pages of posts before I could see if someone talks about Saul lying to CJ so I wouldn't repeat what others have already said.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Remember that time that Ray went on a 400 page rant, and I never read it? That shit was awesome.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    God damnit... I can't read all this. Cliffs? Anyone?
    a couple of fellas seem to think scratchy is getting to be a cliche evil character(i think,questioning how kc has written her)..we all party like its 1999. purple rain fool

i dunno...had a beer or two
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

All righty, I read through most of the thread now. Seems to be a lot of "noes Kc you made the Scratch le evil again!!!11one!11ty" going on. I can dig it. Alex, I don't need to spin this in any favourable light. Scratch hate is par for the course here. You all know my feelings about it, there's no need to rehash the same words. That said....

Fanfuckingtastic chapter so far, Kc. Really, really fantastic. I enjoyed Jenna's performance immensely. Kudos to you, sir. As for Jenna, well... I already shared my thoughts about the performance, but I'll thank you once again. Thank you, thank you so very, very much, Jenna. You've been glue. Wonderful to listen to and very moving.

As for the Scratch haters... keeping glossing over all the good that she's done if it'll help you sleep better at night. It's cool, I don't mind.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    a couple of fellas seem to think scratchy is getting to be a cliche evil character(i think,questioning how kc has written her)..we all party like its 1999. purple rain fool

i dunno...had a beer or two
    Goddamn, son. I've been drinking all night with my aunt from back East. She showed up the other day, haven't seen her in almost 10 years. Anyway, yeah, I caught a lot of the 'oh she's so blah blah blah cliched, blah blah blah' and tuned it out. Too much hate and angst over a fictional character. You'd swear that Scratch had pissed in their corn flakes or something.

p.s. Listening to Raspberry Beret.

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast