User Tag List

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    "Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by Orinks View Post
    Somehow I doubt we'll be going back to Erwin because of the chapter title. Family Ties. I think this next chapter part is all about the rescue and either who gets out alive, someone will die or Saul, CJ and Victor won't get in. Burt is the closest to dying at this point. As soon as Scratch figures out someone is sneaking in and if she figures out who, she'll probably use Burt as a bargaining chip to get what she wants, like she always has. Burt dying in front of Saul would probably enrage him more to do something stupid. Lizzy more so. First Scratch will use lizzy and then if saul doesn't talk, she'd most likely kill Burt. I think the idea that protecting Lizzy because Scratch wants a family is complete horse shit and it's just another tactic to get Lizzy on her side for her own ends.
    Sure, maybe Scratch wants a family and all, but I'm sure she doesn't want a thing to do with one of her enemies and a friend of her brother's killer who she wants to avenge. I mean, we can't forget that Scratch lying to Angel's face about state of the art equipment to fix him isn't the same thing. I'm sad that she was raped as a teen, but I know that if Scratch got news that Pegs was dead, she'd probably release both of them and or stop being a villain. Dunno though. Seems unlikely.
    This post was originally to say that I don't think we're going back to Erwin but turned into a rant about the current happenings. This is my first post so I guess it was bound to have a jumble of thoughts in it.
    This made me think about the chapter title. Family Ties. Was Burt's connection to his wife just broken? I don't know if marital status can be considered a family tie. Could it refer to the family unit of Lizzy, Saul, Burt, Michael and the rest?

Saul and Lizzy may have to cope with losing a family member...Papa bear Burt. :'(
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Pfft :P
    Untitled_Doris_Soft_Large.jpg

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Theres alot here to read. got to page 16..

I felt after the Episode that Bricks would assist in the escape of Burt and Lizzy.. Bricks would sacrifice himself to get them out. Burt being a shooter will compensate for the loss of the finger. But I am not sure if he will over come the loss of Shirley..
    They will not need the sat Phone if Saul, Victor, CJ meet Burt and Lizzy on the way there. I think they will decide to head to Irwin.. Burt has a sat phone back in his old shop that probably works considering he was prior military and he has stuff in his shop he was not supposed to have.. But that is just my opinion on how it would take place. At least how I would want to it work out..

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post

I felt after the Episode that Bricks would assist in the escape of Burt and Lizzy.. Bricks would sacrifice himself to get them out. Burt being a shooter will compensate for the loss of the finger. But I am not sure if he will over come the loss of Shirley..
    They will not need the sat Phone if Saul, Victor, CJ meet Burt and Lizzy on the way there. I think they will decide to head to Irwin.. Burt has a sat phone back in his old shop that probably works considering he was prior military and he has stuff in his shop he was not supposed to have.. But that is just my opinion on how it would take place. At least how I would want to it work out..
    Wait, that could be it. Burt's old shop! They only able to do the rescue and Burt mention he has one of them. Or maybe they could visit Skittles and pick one from there too?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Ehhh maaaaaybe. I don't disagree and I can see what you are saying, but from CJ's point of view, I can imagine she wouldn't be as quick to agree. She'd probably get a twitch in her eye and say, "What?! You lied to me so that we could save your blonde fuck-buddy?! Grrrrrrrr!!!!" *crack* (mind snapping)

Yep, this could push her over the edge. CJ just might be the first one to turn into a zombie without ever being exposed to anything. She already hates the Mallers anyway. She's gonna hate Saul and Victor even more. She never liked Lizzy, and hasn't even met her. Sean's killers are probably nowhere to be found. She could snap with no single person(s) towards whom she could direct her loose cannon.

A more ridiculous thought would be CJ and Scratch teaming together on some sort of Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill post-zombie-apocalypse venteda-spree. I can see them now, driving through the wasteland in a pink, Hello Kitty, S.W.A.T. van with PUSSY WAGON painted on the side, picking up stray cats from L.A. to Ft Irwin.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Jul 14th, 2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Added some color.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    Brilliant thought! Burt stocked up on Y2K survival gear to sell.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Quote goof
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Scavenger"

Status

Gamertag: HannukahZombie Steam ID: HannukahZombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    I think Ray has a bit of a chip on his shoulder with his comments that Marines as a whole shoot better and that "every Marine is an infantryman".
    No, not literally. However, when being promoted and in an annual test the vast majority of the questions are infantry related. I had to know every single bit of information that any rifleman knew, as well as what was part of my MOS as a 6287. I worked on F-18 ejections seats in the Marines, yet I had to know information like how to load/disassemble/carry/team fire/service and M2 .50, demonstrate the proper way to acquire 4 and 6 digit locations on a map, and so on. I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. I don't mean it as a dick measuring contest, but you are in fact wrong. Every Marine is required to meet minimum standards in marksmanship, are tested and required to qualify annually, and it has been that way for a very long time. History is not on your side.

The problem is that non-combat arms Marines live under the fiction that they are firstly in the 'infantry'. It is true that for esprit de corps they have the motto "Every Marine a rifleman" it doesn't mean that they are all infantry. The guy that's flying the V-22 isn't going to show up in Camo Fallujah and get word "Hey bud you'll be walking patrols while you're here."
    First statement is not true. Marines know damn well that they aren't all professional infantryman, and what who does tell you that is an explicit liar. We all are required to maintain knowledge of what an infantryman needs to know, and we are required to keep our marksmanship up to standard every year. I think it's funny that you say the V-22 pilot isn't going to show up in camo in Fallujah. You obviosuly know nothing about Marines if you think that is true. V-22 pilots, and other fixed wing pilots do exactly what you say they don't. Two of our Captains were company commanders and FACs in Fallujah both times it was assaulted. ALL officers in the Marines are trained as platoon commanders, and are required to lead from the front in OCS in an infantry capacity. They don't even get trained on what they are going to do until after OCS, so they are all basically trained as infantry officers. Enlisted Marines are all trained that way as well, not as company commanders/platoon commanders, but they are basic infantrymen as well.

The long and short of it is there are Soldiers who are shitty at shooting just like there are Marines that are shitty at shooting, and there are Soldiers that are great at if same as there are Marines that are great at it.
    I don't deny that some are better shots than others. What I am saying is that it's not too far a stretch that he's a poor shot, because marksmanship isn't that important to the Army. Marines are far superior to soldiers in marksmanship, they have been for almost 250 years and will continue to be if the Army doesn't put more emphasis on it. I have no reason to believe they will because they've never had any real interest in marksmanship as a unit.

Ray, take the chip off your shoulder
    I have no chip, I merely stated facts. It's you that seems to take offense where there was absolutely none meant. I suggest you learn more about the Marines though, the majority of your information is explicitly false. I won't deny that Marines have pride that clouds their judgement on how we are, but there's reason for it. We are simply that good.
    Last edited by Ray; Jul 12th, 2012 at 12:46 PM.

"Scavenger"

Status

Gamertag: HannukahZombie Steam ID: HannukahZombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Brilliant thought! Burt stocked up on Y2K survival gear to sell.
    Didn't they go back and clean out what they could get their hands on while Mike and the others were at the Colony? I'll have to take a listen again, but I'm pretty sure they have cleaned his shop out already, and what they found it buried in the ruins of the Tower now.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Didn't they go back and clean out what they could get their hands on while Mike and the others were at the Colony? I'll have to take a listen again, but I'm pretty sure they have cleaned his shop out already, and what they found it buried in the ruins of the Tower now.
    I think you're right about this too. Everything or weapons only?
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I think you're right about this too. Everything or weapons only?

You are correct regarding weapons definitely. One would assume a sat phone might be on a list of toys to bring just in case, but then again you might also believe it's worthless and leave it behind.

I always believed the implication was they took everything of worth. Sort of like the uneventful mission to get the water truck, I think we've heard all there is to hear about Locked and Loaded.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast