User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Might not have heard correctly. I'm working again so I can't listen until later tonight.

But yes. DEFINITELY a short reign. Like....less than a week short reign. That...that might almost be an error...I remember at one point Kc had said the events of Chapter 24 were in late August. It's been retrofit back to early August. Michael and crew made the call, and escaped the colony, and by the sounds of the events with Lizzy/Scratch Durai was already heading South. So unless he hung out at the Colony for a touch of time before taking over....Gatekeepers reign should only have lasted like.....4 days.....

And another point of contention: Saul says something like the Leader with the scar on her face and they obviously knew what he was talking about. Durai in theory is the leader, but man....everyone knows about Auntie Scratch!

Ha! I can picture the look on gatekeepers face. "I AM king! Mwhahaha!....hey who are you? *thwack!* move over I'm in charge now."

And auntie scratch? I kinda picture scratch to be one of those *cut out your baby and run with it types*.

Supplier of pinstriped suits and tattoos to all the best dressed zombies

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    So I was wondering...
    What's the possibility that each type of zombie turns a human into it's own type now?
    It seems Roman got turned into a new improved little one. The last potential turner was.. Tommy(?) and his re-life was too short to tell.
    When Pegs and Riley were trapped on the flowershop, it was just a free for all of the basic grunt zombies and the crowd.
    Thoughts?
    The Thread ends here <---->

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    And auntie scratch? I kinda picture scratch to be one of those *cut out your baby and run with it types*.
    To be honest, it's one of the only explanations I have for (presumably) Bricks to be around Lizzy all the time. Scratch immediately protected her once she found out she was knockered up. Bricks has been set as her guardian. So either Bricks and Lizzy have become an item, or Auntie Scratch is protecting her...investment? I dunno what you'd call Lizzy.

But again, I restate my support for Lizzy turning Bricks to her cause especially if they are buddy buddy hanging around the Colony.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    The dead soldier from the recon team, Fowler, had the satphone. It's possible he had an FM radio as well, since he referenced using SINCGARS to check in with their base.

There really isn't any "standard" load for a soldier's backpack, it's all based on their individual assignment and the mission. This was a recon mission, so I'd expect it would contain a mix of rations, spare socks, a sleeping bag, the commo gear, batteries, maps and a light load of ammo.
    Would Saul or Glenn know how to use a Satphone? Would they need any codes or outdated ones could be use? I don't see the military need to change them often right now,

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Chogidog View Post
    So I was wondering...
    What's the possibility that each type of zombie turns a human into it's own type now?
    It seems Roman got turned into a new improved little one. The last potential turner was.. Tommy(?) and his re-life was too short to tell.
    When Pegs and Riley were trapped on the flowershop, it was just a free for all of the basic grunt zombies and the crowd.
    Thoughts?

I was actually thinking the same thing....Perhaps the 'cracks' created your generic Zombie, Ink had something to do with the whole deal, and took it upon himself to better the Version 1.0 zombies. Whatever they are, they propogate themselves...?

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    I was actually thinking the same thing....Perhaps the 'cracks' created your generic Zombie, Ink had something to do with the whole deal, and took it upon himself to better the Version 1.0 zombies. Whatever they are, they propogate themselves...?
    Maybe after a zombie get enough kills or captures INK "Prestige' them

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Chogidog View Post
    So I was wondering...
    Thoughts?
    I believe Tommy was just your regular (albeit very smart) Zombie. It would be kind of horrific to think that Behemoths could create new ones.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    ...it is a serious question as to if the military has any real good reason to hero on up there with emancipation on their mind. Seems like Kc has been developing a more pragmatic military for the world. Given limited resources and personnel, throwing lives at something with little return wouldn't sit right with the CO.
    I'm not so sure. Col. Kimmet struck me as a very by-the-book kind of officer, and when we last saw him he was maintaining the forms and policies of the US Army. The Colony would have to be a priority for him. To the best of our knowledge it's the third largest concentration of humans left in the world. It's potetentially a threat to Fort Irwin because of its proximity and the availability of heavy weaponry in the region. And it's part of the United States, its population are still US citizens. I wouldn't be surprised if the recon mission we saw wasn part of an effort to figure out more about the Colony and the Mallers prior to taking action.

This assumes, though, that Col. Kimmet is actually the one in charge. He could have a military superior in Boulder, or there could even be a civilian government that the military answers to (a'la Battlestar Galactica). They might have other priorities, or be unwilling to commit forces, or just be unwilling to act outside their own safety bubble.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Sidenote:

Greg is everywhere today. I just hear him on GiantBomb E3 podcast.

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I'm not so sure. Col. Kimmet struck me as a very by-the-book kind of officer, and when we last saw him he was maintaining the forms and policies of the US Army. The Colony would have to be a priority for him. To the best of our knowledge it's the third largest concentration of humans left in the world. It's potetentially a threat to Fort Irwin because of its proximity and the availability of heavy weaponry in the region. And it's part of the United States, its population are still US citizens. I wouldn't be surprised if the recon mission we saw wasn part of an effort to figure out more about the Colony and the Mallers prior to taking action.

This assumes, though, that Col. Kimmet is actually the one in charge. He could have a military superior in Boulder, or there could even be a civilian government that the military answers to (a'la Battlestar Galactica). They might have other priorities, or be unwilling to commit forces, or just be unwilling to act outside their own safety bubble.
    I can imagine Michael and Kimmet would both agree that leaving the Mallers unchecked with RPG's and other dangerous weaponry would not be a good idea. Knowing and experiencing what Michael has with the Mallers I'm sure he wouldn't put it past the Mallers to eventually attack/terrorize Boulder.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast