User Tag List

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Well that is certainly one way to deal with exposition and still make it awesome, now ain't it?

Damn...just damn. If this is truly the last time we see Datu, Pegs, Kelly and Hope I'm gonna have a big sad. Either the story branches off to them too, or Burt and Angel come back soon because I don't know if I can handle it! Please note: This is the first time I'm begging to get those characters back....you know we've reached critical if I'm begging for an Angel return!
    I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear you the first time. What's this about Angel?

Also I think Michael's plea for his friends to stay will be more justified if we don't see pegs, datu, hope and kelly anymore. Right now, we can think, oh how could he be so selfish, but say one of those characters were your favorite, and this was the end of their part in the WA story, sooner or later you'll start wishing they'd come back or that they'd never left.

I can totally see this being the end of the road for those characters just because their goal was to survive long enough to find permanent safety and shelter and be rescued, and here it is. They have everything they need. Their character arcs have started, and finished. Kelly started out as a bitch who didn't want to do anything and took everything for granted, and then she lost Tommy and we saw her get through that death and become a hardened survivor. Pegs started out as a meek flower girl who was always being pushed around and by the end of her story, she'd gotten stronger and could do what's necessary to survive, but at the same time she held on to her convictions and beliefs of only using violence when absolutely necessary. Datu was always useful, but he went through a terrible ordeal at the arena, and worked through the survivors guilt and the loss, and finally found hope in Hope.

These characters were great. There may have been times we disliked them, but they developed and matured into deep characters but their fight is now over. If this is the beginning of the second act, then what lies ahead is combat, and action. The scattered groups need to complete their story arcs. Vic, Saul and CJ need to finish their ground zero experiments. We need to start the Lizzy, Burt, ANGEL story line. And continue Michael and Puck's military story. And at some point they need to meet up and join forces and there'll probably be some major conflict to end the season.

So yeah, it'd be cool if we could not see Pegs, Kelly and Datu for a very long time so we as an audience feel the weight of that decision to fly away to colorado, and leave the frontlines.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    i
    Quote Originally Posted by IamPaul View Post
    A great episode. I feel that we will not see the Boulder crew until mid to late season 4. Maybe Pegs studies to be a doctor and comes back to Irwin. I was really hoping Michael would yell "I Love You!" to Pegs before the plane took off. This is the first episode in a while that I was about to shed some tears. I was choked up. I think the last time was Season 2 finale, but correct if I am wrong about something in this Season. I am beginning to wonder if the Michael crew will ever meet up with Saul, Victor, Burt and Angel again. Seems like it will be hard, unless the LA crew goes to Irwin.
    I'm of the impression that Irwin will send people to LA. Michael is intel. He'd be the perfect guy to send in to check out the source of the outbreak. And from there, you could see conflicts arise between the mallers and if the colony is moving in on LA or not. or whatever might happen.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Ra1th just came to be a jerk.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    I agree with Ra1th, I think this is the turning point from just surviving to fighting back.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray View Post
    After quickly skim reading it seems I'm the only one who thinks what I think.

Boulder doesn't exist.

It was something Puck said last episode. (think it was Puck anyways) he said if the outbreak happened a week later there would have been a battalion of infantry on the base. But he then muttered 'more mouths to feed' if you had a secure population centre of 150k that from what Carl was saying to the guys seems to be secure and pumping out food surely the extra trained soldiers would have been more than welcome?

Therefore, I think, probably incorrectly, that boulder doesn't exist, all survivors are given a choice, join up and fight, or go to boulder that doesn't exist and they are probably just left in a field to be eaten. After all if all your population are soldiers you stand a much better chance of defeating the outbreak than having most of your forces defending civilians.

I never used to be so cynical, must be Kc's doing!
    OH...I like that! I dont like nor trust Kimmet...he is full of somethin. I was thinking the Boulder wonderland existed, But that it was going to be a hell hole, for meat or 'service to the men population' I had wrote that I thought the Jolly Green Giant was an escape mission...but dayum...i think you are right...their family or something was dumped and they were trying to get to rescue them and make their way without Irwin people! His line of 'there is too much hesitation when the enemy is your friend or neighbor' makes a little more sense if it is meant that they cant do what 'needs' to be done! That also explains their reaction to the returned helicopter...ALL they had to say about it was 'yeah..we figured thats what happened' when Michael says they were over run. I felt like..WTH..Why are dont you care where the people are...what happened to them??? Seemed like they couldnt have cared less, because they flat out didnt give a damn!
    Last edited by Pandora; May 9th, 2012 at 05:15 AM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Burt wouldnt have gobbled up Kimmet and Pucks bullshit story of their little wonderland!!

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

i think someone finally lost it on the forums...

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post

i think someone finally lost it on the forums...
    And this is new how?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    And what is that supposed to mean..oh please do explain.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    And what is that supposed to mean..oh please do explain.
    I was enjoying your excellent enthusiasm about Burt.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast