User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Fort Irwin gets over run. Survivors have to get on the C-130 to escape. Everyone decides LA is a good place to go because some how they only have enough fuel to go to LA, weird right. In LA Michael finds Saul, they high five, and decide that the prison is a good place to live and why did they never think of that idea before.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Great episode!
    Really like Kc's military detail. Us soldiers really like it.
    Can't wait for the next episode

Supplier of pinstriped suits and tattoos to all the best dressed zombies

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    When I look at the cover art, I see the 3 figures off to the right. Two taller and 1 shorter. Victor, Saul and CJ?
    I also think that the large 'light' that the C-130 is flying towards looks like a white fireball with a yellow 'stalk' underneath. It's very low to be the sun.
    There's also a darker/lighter ring above the, presumably Michael, figure on the left.
    Combined with the Pantex mention and the radiation symbol on the back of the backpack he's wearing, maybe it's a nuke going off?

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Exposition, or Dialogue?

You know, with all the new information that the story is about to dump on us (and here I mean all the background intel from CJ about all her gang has learned and has been doing, as well as all the intel that Kimmet and the Army dudes have gleaned), I am curious about how Kc is going to deal with this....

... does this mean we are going to have an entire episode or two where it's just Michael and Kimmet talking in HQ?

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Hmmm, I forget, but does Chinwe have any radio equipment? Is she way to far away from Ft. Irwin to contact them in any way? Maybe after Michael provides what little information he has regarding L.A., the brass at Ft. Irwin decides it's time to pack up and head out. Just then, they get a radio message from Saul, Victor and CJ. It's garbled and they can't respond, but at least now, Michael knows that Saul and them are alive. He can't go with the rest of Ft. Irwin to whatever safe haven they have in Montana. He stays behind and a great number of his team stay behind with him. As the plane takes off, he sees three figures walking off the field. Corporal Puck, and two others decided they had enough of the Colonel's army. They join Sergeant Michael Cross and his rag-tag band of ass kickers.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    You know, with all the new information that the story is about to dump on us (and here I mean all the background intel from CJ about all her gang has learned and has been doing, as well as all the intel that Kimmet and the Army dudes have gleaned), I am curious about how Kc is going to deal with this....

... does this mean we are going to have an entire episode or two where it's just Michael and Kimmet talking in HQ?
    it's possible i imagine, but somehow that doesn't seem like KCs style. i think more likely we'll experience it through a flashback so that it won't be so dry.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    it's possible i imagine, but somehow that doesn't seem like KCs style. i think more likely we'll experience it through a flashback so that it won't be so dry.
    Flashbacks seem to be reserved for those with first hand accounts. If the info is coming from across the country/world I think we may be in line for a dry info dump with background sound to reinforce the happenings.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Flashbacks seem to be reserved for those with first hand accounts. If the info is coming from across the country/world I think we may be in line for a dry info dump with background sound to reinforce the happenings.
    but there was a lot of info hinted at that would be directly related to the base itself, i am of course thinking of the "people don't work for duty" comment. it seems like that, since it is relavent info for the operation of the base, would be flashback worthy, as well as gaining new insight on any intel gleaned during that period of time. i think that would be a great way for KC to work it all together. also remember, michael had them keep logs for intelligence purposes, who's to say the base commander didn't have the same idea, and now he's got an analyst, our very own michael.

don't get me wrong, i would love a couple of very slow episodes where we get nothing but information, i love that sort of thing, makes my brain twitch, but i think that would be a bit dry for most people.
    Last edited by reaper239; May 4th, 2012 at 07:21 AM.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Hmmm, I forget, but does Chinwe have any radio equipment? Is she way to far away from Ft. Irwin to contact them in any way? Maybe after Michael provides what little information he has regarding L.A., the brass at Ft. Irwin decides it's time to pack up and head out. Just then, they get a radio message from Saul, Victor and CJ. It's garbled and they can't respond, but at least now, Michael knows that Saul and them are alive. He can't go with the rest of Ft. Irwin to whatever safe haven they have in Montana. He stays behind and a great number of his team stay behind with him. As the plane takes off, he sees three figures walking off the field. Corporal Puck, and two others decided they had enough of the Colonel's army. They join Sergeant Michael Cross and his rag-tag band of ass kickers.
    We know there was radio equipment at Dunbar Apartments, Kalani used it to call the Mallers. As for radio signals reaching between LA and Fort Irwin, it's possible, but hard. If atmospheric conditions are right, if you have the right antenna, if both parties are on the same frequency and listening at the right time, then you can communicate just fine. AM or ham radios should work okay. FM or CB radios are a long shot.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post

It could play out like "The 31st" and "Last Dying Breath" with us, the audience, learning about the outbreak and initial responses from different perspectives. An example would be Victor telling a second-hand account of what he knows of the evacuation of the colony juxaposed against an account from someone from Fort Irwin. Although Victor says he wasn't present during the evacuation he seems to have some knowledge of the events as he describes them to Kelly and Pegs in chapter 18/3. The Fort Irwin account could be told by Col. Kemmit or, perhaps, Pvt. Carl Thomas.

We haven't heard much about the Colony's founding or why the rescue opperation ended. A plausable scenario could be:
    • Saul explains where he got the medicine, which leads to Victor discussing the Colony.
    • Victor discusses what he knows of the Colony's early days while someone at Fort Irwin discusses the rescue.
    • Victor mentions Sean, Michael, radio attempt, coup... CJ puts the pieces together Sherlock Holmes-style and conclude that the Mallers are heading to the colony because they had better radios and probably heard Michael's failed transmission to the Tower. Remember Tard's comment about having to listen to 'bird talk' in 21/1?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast