User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Fort Irwin V The Mallers!!!

what are your thoughts on scratch and co getting information regarding the wereabouts of micheal,pegs etc.. and heading after them. I presume she found burt and angel alive after the tower fell in chapt 24, and this would provide her with the means to find out peg's location. i believe a military base would probably appeal to Darie (maller leader , not sure of spelling) and could see a huge maller convoy heading out to take over fort irwin.
    this could be a nice little side show from the whole HAZE debate and possibly bring a few characters back together...

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bradarro11 View Post
    what are your thoughts on scratch and co getting information regarding the wereabouts of micheal,pegs etc.. and heading after them. I presume she found burt and angel alive after the tower fell in chapt 24, and this would provide her with the means to find out peg's location. i believe a military base would probably appeal to Darie (maller leader , not sure of spelling) and could see a huge maller convoy heading out to take over fort irwin.
    this could be a nice little side show from the whole HAZE debate and possibly bring a few characters back together...
    it's spelled durai

i don't think he would be that stupid. three soldiers and a handful of armed civilians is one thing, but a base full of trained armed soldiers on high alert, the mallers wouldn't stand a chance.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    It's a long, hard road between LA and Fort Irwin. We already know, from the reports from the helicopter, that the roads are jammed with abandoned vehicles. There's no telling how heavy the concentrations of zombies are, but we know that Barstow is full of them and the only easy way to get to Fort Irwin is through Barstow.

Now, if the Mallers had a helicopter pilot things could be different. I wonder if Kalani trained his daughter Hannah to fly?

Once the Mallers got to Fort Irwin they would be at a severe disadvantage. Just the soldiers we've seen so far, a handful of MPs and a Hummer with a 50 cal, comes close to outgunning the Maller group that destroyed the Tower (with their empty RPG and small arms), and that's a fraction of what should be available at Fort Irwin.
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Apr 26th, 2012 at 07:08 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I think Fort Irwin is under strength. I bet, once the call to evacuate people from the cities was broadcast, Fort Irwin sent choppers to far away places like LA and sent troop convoys to closer cities like Barstow - all lost. Its a possible reason why the barracks area seems to be protected by 10ft high Texas barriers and Baghdad like checkpoints. As to the question if the Mallers could take Fort Irwin - no. At full strength, the Mallers only have small arms and that tanker trick and maybe an RPG with like 2 shots left (that is unless Burt forgot to tell Michael about the Mini Nuke he kept behind the cash register).

I think the more reasonable theory is the Mallers took off on boats. Its why Saul couldn't find any trace of a large group of prisoners and their slaves. Check the map, Maller HQ is near Manna Del Rey. I checked it out on google maps, it a dock. Most of the boats dont look like they could hold much people though, small craft and fishing boats. But looking around the dock there are a few that look like commuter boats or Yachts that could hold a lot of folks. O man why am I picturing "Water World"

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    I think the more reasonable theory is the Mallers took off on boats. Its why Saul couldn't find any trace of a large group of prisoners and their slaves. Check the map, Maller HQ is near Manna Del Rey. I checked it out on google maps, it a dock. Most of the boats dont look like they could hold much people though, small craft and fishing boats. But looking around the dock there are a few that look like commuter boats or Yachts that could hold a lot of folks. O man why am I picturing "Water World"
    The idea of the Mallers leaving by boat is very interesting. Marina Del Rey is just a yacht and small craft harbor, but some of those yachts are decent sized. They could certainly use the boats they'd find there to send groups out to secure larger ships, from the Port of Los Angeles, from the Coast Guard base to the north in Ventura County, etc. Or they could just head out to sea and seize ships anchored off-shore, on a clear day you can see a line of ships off Marina Del Rey waiting for their chance to enter the Port of Los Angeles and I'm sure some of them would still be sitting there, abandoned. The real question is where would they go once they had suitable vessels.

Hear's an interesting tie in to a loose end. Maybe the yacht that Michael and Pegs boarded on their way to the Colony was a Maller scout vessel that the crew abandoned for some reason.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    I think Fort Irwin is under strength. I bet, once the call to evacuate people from the cities was broadcast, Fort Irwin sent choppers to far away places like LA and sent troop convoys to closer cities like Barstow - all lost. Its a possible reason why the barracks area seems to be protected by 10ft high Texas barriers and Baghdad like checkpoints. As to the question if the Mallers could take Fort Irwin - no. At full strength, the Mallers only have small arms and that tanker trick and maybe an RPG with like 2 shots left (that is unless Burt forgot to tell Michael about the Mini Nuke he kept behind the cash register).

ft irwin may be under strength, but with how quickly it happend i don't think any evac call went out. plus you have to take into account any training units at NTC at the time, there are likely quite a few people still staffing irwin. even so, i think that as little as one platoon would be enough to defend irwin from the mallers and since i think they have more than that, i think they won't have any problems. i do however think that you may be on to something with the mallers.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Hear's an interesting tie in to a loose end. Maybe the yacht that Michael and Pegs boarded on their way to the Colony was a Maller scout vessel that the crew abandoned for some reason.
    hey, that's a brilliant idea.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Totally missed that. Adding more red string to the wall.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Here's what I think a Maller VS Fort Irwin battle will look like. The Mallers would be the G.I. Joes and Calvin/Fumbles is one Marine/Army sniper.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Here's another taste of what the Mallers, or the Zombies might find waiting for them; video of tank gunnery training at Fort Irwin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast