Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    alright..the datu theory (im not 100% prepared on this one..but ill piece it together)
    in the beginning. datu was found at the tower...thats all fine and dandy, nothing suspicious there. now, later after the first attack on the tower during clean-up, kelly makes a comment about how gross this all is..datu says (paraphrasing) "meh..ive cleaned up worse." few have made notice of this.
    at no point did datu have any involvement or interaction with the mallers...but he certainly was within the inner circle who would have heard of the "whos and whats" they are/were. knowledge that could easily be used to his advantage. in the early chapters, im sure datu had no other intentions than survival.

bringing us to the arena, this is a strong area of question for me. the timeline of datu/kalani's rescue and angel/riley's arrival doesn't add up. angel/riley were alledgededly in the pile for "hours" meaning there was a fair amount of time between samatha being taken and the rescue.(zombie sounds also dont match up with points in time within the narrative) plenty of alone time for datu/kalani to uh, discuss things. such as how kalanis "hannah" is now with the mallers, no reason for kalani not to talk...as far as he knew, datu would be the last person he would speak to... ever

the war...im a little fuzzy on datus placement during the party/ and the after-party(mallers arrival)...i may have been drunk with everyone else. ill come back to that after a lil more research, i think i had something in there somewhere.

after the war, datu and kalani were very "buddy-buddy" in fact, they were the two most viament to leave the tower. asking for supplies to make it on their own. when that plan fell through, kalani stuck his nose right in the middle of burts bees-wax and datu went back to his poor datu bees-wax. the real point of interest for me was how after the dust settled. datu was one of the most adamant to leave.

the pippin situation...heres where the theory gets interesting. so remember the arena thing i was talking about /\ up there? so just prior to pippins shooting, when steven was whining about gaurd duty...datu was on the roof...with kalani. datu would have all the info about pippins arrival from the converstion held in the basement. convey that info to kalani and the seed has been laid (YES, IM STILL BUYING THAT KALANI SHOT PIPPIN) but it was datu who set the trap for kalani to do it. the thing to keep in mind about pippin is, one of the first things he mentions at arrival is he's very good with faces, pippins reaction at the shooting seems to be someone hes yet to see in the tower....one of the few people we know he didn't see was kalani.

a few other things i can throw into this pile
    names: durai is indian for "chief"..datu is phillipino for "chief"( not much, but its something)
    datu mentions his kids are still back in luzon(sp?) and his brother helped him get a job in the states, one could speculate based on the few bits above that durai is datus brother(total speculation)
    in many ways this theory doesn't hold up well..but to me its all the little bits in between that could be the catalyst to something larger. ultimately, if i were to put datu in the "rat" position, his ultimate goal would be to get back to his children..by any means nessecary. the one person who got him to america, may be the one person who could help him get home again. its a crazy stretch, i know..and ill probly work on it some more, i need to start another relisten...but hey. its something different.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I will help you with the war.

Datu does not come to the party. He is still sick in bed so to speak. Saul makes the comment about there is nothing wrong with him. I think Michael says that not all the wounds are on the outside and Angel adds how horrific it really was.

I do not recall any more until Burt gets to the Roof. YEs he wants to leave the building but a plan has not been formulated. With no plan, Datu loses hope and does not want to talk to Burt. The excuse he uses is he is leading people in prayer.

Cheetos:
    incongruity here. Burt says we ran out of these weeks ago. If that is the case, all it proves is Bill (or someone) started stealing weeks ago or that Bill had some of his own.
    The relationship of finding something that disappeared weeks ago to the stuff missing now is not really an A to B jump. But, when at the end of the rope it is worth checking. So, Bill is the thief or Bill was framed. My problem with Bill as the thief is that theft is an aspect of greed. A greedy person does not show up at the party to share his best hooch. For me it is more likely that his fear has eased. Especially with the help Burt gave him with the Gun and the medical treatment.

Datu/Hope
    Hope comes from the colony.
    The Plan is to GTFO ASAP.
    Datu has to repair the chopper.

But in that 24 hour period he determines that his highest Priority is to hook up speakers so Hope can help with guard duty?

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    alright..the datu theory (im not 100% prepared on this one..but ill piece it together)
    in the beginning. datu was found at the tower...thats all fine and dandy, nothing suspicious there. now, later after the first attack on the tower during clean-up, kelly makes a comment about how gross this all is..datu says (paraphrasing) "meh..ive cleaned up worse." few have made notice of this.
    at no point did datu have any involvement or interaction with the mallers...but he certainly was within the inner circle who would have heard of the "whos and whats" they are/were. knowledge that could easily be used to his advantage. in the early chapters, im sure datu had no other intentions than survival.

bringing us to the arena, this is a strong area of question for me. the timeline of datu/kalani's rescue and angel/riley's arrival doesn't add up. angel/riley were alledgededly in the pile for "hours" meaning there was a fair amount of time between samatha being taken and the rescue.(zombie sounds also dont match up with points in time within the narrative) plenty of alone time for datu/kalani to uh, discuss things. such as how kalanis "hannah" is now with the mallers, no reason for kalani not to talk...as far as he knew, datu would be the last person he would speak to... ever

the war...im a little fuzzy on datus placement during the party/ and the after-party(mallers arrival)...i may have been drunk with everyone else. ill come back to that after a lil more research, i think i had something in there somewhere.

after the war, datu and kalani were very "buddy-buddy" in fact, they were the two most vehement to leave the tower. asking for supplies to make it on their own. when that plan fell through, kalani stuck his nose right in the middle of burts bees-wax and datu went back to his poor datu bees-wax. the real point of interest for me was how after the dust settled. datu was one of the most adamant to leave.

the pippin situation...heres where the theory gets interesting. so remember the arena thing i was talking about /\ up there? so just prior to pippins shooting, when steven was whining about gaurd duty...datu was on the roof...with kalani. datu would have all the info about pippins arrival from the converstion held in the basement. convey that info to kalani and the seed has been laid (YES, IM STILL BUYING THAT KALANI SHOT PIPPIN) but it was datu who set the trap for kalani to do it. the thing to keep in mind about pippin is, one of the first things he mentions at arrival is he's very good with faces, pippins reaction at the shooting seems to be someone hes yet to see in the tower....one of the few people we know he didn't see was kalani.

a few other things i can throw into this pile
    names: durai is indian for "chief"..datu is phillipino for "chief"( not much, but its something)
    datu mentions his kids are still back in luzon(sp?) and his brother helped him get a job in the states, one could speculate based on the few bits above that durai is datus brother(total speculation)
    in many ways this theory doesn't hold up well..but to me its all the little bits in between that could be the catalyst to something larger. ultimately, if i were to put datu in the "rat" position, his ultimate goal would be to get back to his children..by any means nessecary. the one person who got him to america, may be the one person who could help him get home again. its a crazy stretch, i know..and ill probly work on it some more, i need to start another relisten...but hey. its something different.
    when they rescued datu and kalani, wasn't kalani near comotose? from what i remember, he didn't say anything to sam or datu the entire time.

also, we have no reason to believe that datu was here state side illegally. assuming he was legal, it stands to reason that his brother was merely someone with connections who was able to secure him employment. if he was here illegally then he would've come in through specific channels. either way it is unlikely that his brother was directly involved in transporting him from... wherever, i forget where he's from, to america.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Legal status never even crossed my mind. datu was taking classes, in most cases im aware of...you need an overkill of identification to even sign up for school...not questioning that.
    KAW

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Legal status never even crossed my mind. datu was taking classes, in most cases im aware of...you need an overkill of identification to even sign up for school...not questioning that.
    depends where you are, not turning this into an immigration thread, but in some places you can sign up for classes without being a legal immigrant, ora legal citizen.

Pippin's English Crew

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: M e ss s ii a H
    I feel there is sufficient evidence for Riley, her location during the party (Tells Pegs she's going, doesn't say where or tell anyone else), and her location extremely close to the guard room at the time of Pippen getting shot. I haven't thought of a motivation for her yet though.
    "I didn't fear death or what might be there if today was my last day. But that was then and this is now."

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Right..so it could be...and..lets drop this
    KAW

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Like Reaper, I too thought Kalani was practically comatose/passed out until the resuers arrived. This of course could have just been how Datu recorded it in his journal.

However, when I weigh the Datu theory against the Kalani theory, I still feel there is a lot more to suggest Kalani as the Rat.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan.Luiz View Post
    I feel there is sufficient evidence for Riley, her location during the party (Tells Pegs she's going, doesn't say where or tell anyone else), and her location extremely close to the guard room at the time of Pippen getting shot. I haven't thought of a motivation for her yet though.
    but she smelled noticably of booze, to the point that when she came around hope soon after, hope was able to smell it on her. hope said she did not smell it when pippin was shot.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: cal5694 PSN ID: cal5694 Steam ID: callum.forrest
    The way Kc has writen it, its as though he indicates that this person is the rat but then shows evidence why they cant be, i think the question shouldnt be who is that rats it should be who are the rats...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast