37. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Pippin's English Crew

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: M e ss s ii a H
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Someone correct me but, Kalani is "Hawaiian" he's not just "FROM" Hawaii right?
    Samantha refers to him as a "Plump Hawaiian" in the Arena, so I presume he is Hawaiian.
    "I didn't fear death or what might be there if today was my last day. But that was then and this is now."

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    If we try to hold everything together in "real time" Kalani has about 60 seconds to leave Michael, climb down two, three, four? flights of stairs and leave with Datu.

If we line up the alarm beeps, Michael is opening the door ~5 seconds. Angel is a little later at closer to 10. The are speaking to eachother around 15 seconds.

This where I get confused. My memmory is that KC said that Burts roomo was on the same level as the guard room. This makes no sense. Angel and michael are on the landing of the stairs for respective floor about the same time. We hear them clatter on the stairs. If Burt's room is on the same level as the guard room, why does Angel go to the stairs? Michael may have gone to the stairs, because all he knows is there is an alarm. then Angel tells Michael its from Burts Armory. If that is on the same floor that Michael is already on, how does Angel beat him there?

The only way it makes sense is that Burts room is one floor below Michael and one above Angel. The shots occur about 24 seconds and the alarm is shut off at about 40 seconds

Crowbar, I do not think we actually hear Datu or Kalani say they left before the alarm. Instead, Angel reports to Michael that Datu and Kalani said they had left. This is at the same time they discuss the others' alibies and those that were alone.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    For those who question the whole, "he doesn't look Hawaiian" thing...just do a google image search on the word kalani...it takes a couple pages, but you do find at least one Caucasian looking guy with the traditional island name...so they do exist, maybe not too many..but..yea
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    If we try to hold everything together in "real time" Kalani has about 60 seconds to leave Michael, climb down two, three, four? flights of stairs and leave with Datu.

If we line up the alarm beeps, Michael is opening the door ~5 seconds. Angel is a little later at closer to 10. The are speaking to eachother around 15 seconds.

This where I get confused. My memmory is that KC said that Burts roomo was on the same level as the guard room. This makes no sense. Angel and michael are on the landing of the stairs for respective floor about the same time. We hear them clatter on the stairs. If Burt's room is on the same level as the guard room, why does Angel go to the stairs? Michael may have gone to the stairs, because all he knows is there is an alarm. then Angel tells Michael its from Burts Armory. If that is on the same floor that Michael is already on, how does Angel beat him there?
    They were on the same level before the War. After the war the guard room is on (I believe) on the 5th floor, and the Armory is on the 6th. Which would have meant Michael was on the 7th floor with Tanya I believe.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    For those who question the whole, "he doesn't look Hawaiian" thing...just do a google image search on the word kalani...it takes a couple pages, but you do find at least one Caucasian looking guy with the traditional island name...so they do exist, maybe not too many..but..yea
    having a Hawaiian name still doesn't make him "Hawaiian". Anyway, we've been over this Kalani looks thing on characters thread. I meet you half way and say he can be biracial and leave it at that.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    They were on the same level before the War. After the war the guard room is on (I believe) on the 5th floor, and the Armory is on the 6th. Which would have meant Michael was on the 7th floor with Tanya I believe.
    I read where KC said they were on the same floor as well. Man, that's gonna take some serious digging to find that one comment in that old thread.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    I read where KC said they were on the same floor as well. Man, that's gonna take some serious digging to find that one comment in that old thread.
    http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...7703#post17703

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Maybe if its not too spoilery Kc can clear that up because I was positive the armory would be on the same floor as the guard room like it had been before the war. Obviously that isn't the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by kc
    Burt's room is not on the same floor as the guard room. Not any more anyway.
    Found it!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Great get Nik. I am so anxious to know that I have most likely over analyzed the timing.

But this section of the story confuses me. If they really were as high in the tower as you indicate, then Kalani could most likely not make it to Datu in time.

But, the shooting occurs about noon. Why so late? Saul and Burt find the chopper the night before. Before they can go anywhere Kalani has to OK the chopper? Why the hell do they wait until noon to send Kalani and Datu?

We are running out of time in the day for all the events.

Noon
    Datu and Kalani Arrive about 1:00. It may be later, but I do not want to go back right now.
    Pegs and victor arrive about 2:30
    Say some frogging around until 3:00
    Kalani and Burt go back to the tower to get Riley and Angel about 4:00
    5:00 they leave the second chopper (probably more)
    5:30 they drop off Angel and return to LA
    6:00 Michael gets to LAX
    7:00 golf course.

We seem to be able to cram everything in, but it is tight.

This begs the question why wait so late to send Kalani and Datu? Prepping to leave the tower is moot if the helicopter is broken. Hope arrives the morning of day 1. By day to noon Datu has the sound hooked up for Hope?..... With all the shit going on, Datu hooks up speakers when they plan to get the hell out of dodge ASAP?

If I put my reality guy hat on, it appears Datu hooks up the outside microphones only to ensure Hope would be in the guard room as an alibi.

It was Datus ex-wife. She still loves him anD was afraid Pippin was going to get lucky. OK, maybe not.

Ah crap, gotta run. More later maybe

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Well, I just finally got around to listening to WND 29 and it has gotten the wheels in my head turning about Kalani.
    I'm still riding my "Riley is the rat" thery to the bitter end but this popped into my head and I haven't seen it mentioned yet so here goes:

Kalani says he flew from Hawaii and crashed at LAX and that only three people made it off the tarmac. If Kalani is one of those three and this Hannah (most likely the redhead from the Golf Course) is the second, then who's the third? What if the third person was Pippin? I know he claimed to have been hiking nearby when the outbreak occured, but we know he was sent as a spy by the Mallers so that story could have been a lie like his escape story.

So I'm going to throw out this possibility: Kalani, Hannah, and Pippin escape from the tarmac only to be captured by the Mallers. Kalani gets sent to infiltrate The Other Tower with the Mallers holding Hannah hostage as collateral. The Other Tower falls and Kalani is taken to the Arena where he is rescued by folks from The Tower. At first he acts as a mole by contacting the Mallers during the party, but after the War he chooses to break contact. Pippin is then sent in to reestablish contact and is shot by Kalani to cover his secret.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    Well, I just finally got around to listening to WND 29 and it has gotten the wheels in my head turning about Kalani.
    I'm still riding my "Riley is the rat" thery to the bitter end but this popped into my head and I haven't seen it mentioned yet so here goes:

Kalani says he flew from Hawaii and crashed at LAX and that only three people made it off the tarmac. If Kalani is one of those three and this Hannah (most likely the redhead from the Golf Course) is the second, then who's the third? What if the third person was Pippin? I know he claimed to have been hiking nearby when the outbreak occured, but we know he was sent as a spy by the Mallers so that story could have been a lie like his escape story.

So I'm going to throw out this possibility: Kalani, Hannah, and Pippin escape from the tarmac only to be captured by the Mallers. Kalani gets sent to infiltrate The Other Tower with the Mallers holding Hannah hostage as collateral. The Other Tower falls and Kalani is taken to the Arena where he is rescued by folks from The Tower. At first he acts as a mole by contacting the Mallers during the party, but after the War he chooses to break contact. Pippin is then sent in to reestablish contact and is shot by Kalani to cover his secret.
    I have flown this up the flagpole in the past( not entirely sure where, possibly the crackpot thread) and to me it seems a very reasonable answer...another thing you could note to that as a connection would be

Riley was a chef, correct?...just before pippin was shot, he was discussing food with Kelly. Seemed to be quite the conesiuer(sp? Damn autocorrect not working)...but he could possibly know of riley that way, and up to that point I don't believe they had seen one another...just helping your riley case

nice theory anyways!
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast