User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    This whole thing has to go at least 8 years, because the very first episode starts with Michael saying how he is recording all this for his own sanity, and he then says it all started 8 years ago. So far its been about 3-3 1/2 months. Still a long ways off from that. Which of course guarantees Michael's survival for 8 years. And he talks about how Saul WAS a good soldier. At some point he will die. But that is the only thing guaranteed since it was said in the beginning. Just mentioning this since some of you seem to think season 4 will be the last one, or that Ft. Erwin/Irwin/too lazy to look will be the end of the series. I think its more likely to be either the elimination of the survivors as they run back into LA to finish off the biggest and baddest of the zombies (though I think they wouldn't do that in all likelihood. Every story seems obsessed in having a happy ending and not letting the heroes lose) or they will finish them off and take out Ground Zero and then humanity unites to mop up the rest of the zombies since the worst of the threat is over thanks to Michael and crew. Maybe Michael dies, but the survivors will triumph in the end. I for one am hoping that the protagonists lose for once, just as a change of pace from the rest of the world's stories, and it seems more realistic to me (of course this whole thing is crazy, aside from the zombie part). In Season Three we are probably going to see how the new breeds of zombies are created or born, or at least hinted at. Of course I already have a theory about that, but never mind that. The Colony will probably come back into play sometime around Season four as they are falling apart and are being overrun. They call out for help and force Michael and Crew to debate whether or not they should actually help them or not. And in the end they will help the Colony. The Mallers will probably suffer a similar fate, but more likely around Seasons 6 or 7 when they finally lose too many Mallers to keep up the fight. I think that Saul and his group will free Angel and Burt and a bunch of slaves from the Mallers in Season 3 (maybe 4) and then head on their way towards the Fort. They will have adventures on the way, we will connect and become attached to the new group with Saul as they make their way to the Fort, and they will all be reunited around the end of Season 4 or start of season 5. Perhaps they arrive at the fort just as it is under attack and they watch helplessly as their friends fly off without them before they are able to meet up with them. The big thing that Fort Erwin is going to reveal to us in Season 3 is the state of the rest of the world at this moment. We know that Hawaii has fallen because of Kolani, so this might be a chance to see some different zombies or other smart zombie leaders as well. Perhaps the environment around the fort is itself changing, similar to Ground Zero, or there is a large mass of survivors in the fort, akin to the Colony, who are all rioting and trying to gain freedom and rights from the oppressive martial law. They are alive but starving, suffering, sick, etc. and that is what the majority of the world is like who had a chance to react to the zombie crisis. When Michael and his crew come, the zombies follow and huge chunks of the survivors at Fort Erwin are killed as the zombies hunt his party down. Perhaps the one with the markings has learned Michael is a threat to his kind and so it is trying to kill him in particular, and that is why a number of zombies the fort has previously not encountered before arrives and practically overwhelms them. Only Michael's leadership and experience saves the day, and only after hundreds have already been killed/turned. This will be hilarious if at least 20% of this is true, considering its depth. Of course its all conjecture, so take it with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by LoneSurvivor; Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:07 AM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

It started 8.5 years ago, meaning his time in the service, not the zombie apocalypse. Good catch on was, but it could be past tense because at the point Michael started to write the journal he didn't consider any of them soldiers anymore
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    he's always referring to the fact that he, Saul, and Angel are all soldiers in the army with training, and that the others aren't soldiers. Perhaps later in the series he thinks they aren't soldiers anymore, but I think thats unlikely. And are you sure the 8.5 years was since he started in the service? Considering he went on three tours in Iraq, presumeably each one was about a year, possibly two, which at most would leave 2.5 years. If he had a year of training, that leaves 1.5 years for this story, since he had just gotten back from his third tour of duty when he was going to college again. So he has about 1.3 years for this story, or about 1 year left. At this pace, the story would end at about season 10, the first two seasons being 3 months and approximately dealing with the .3 years. Is there any point that the current season/month is mentioned? that would let us know exactly how long he has been at school and back from duty. But in any case, still quite a ways to go for the series.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I wasn't quite awake when I wrote my response. The 8 years Michael is referring to his time in college. His time in the service split up his time in college.

Michael Cross: I was 27 at the time and in my fourth year of college. I started my freshman year in 2001, almost 8 years ago.
    In Chapter 13 Michael says they aren't soldiers anymore.....he also said we don't owe these people anything, but that's neither here nor there.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:51 AM.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Lurker"

Status
    I think… that it's pretty clear that Kalani was sent to do the same job as Pippin was sent to do; however, he got captured and ended up at the arena, as did other Mallers, which explains why the Mallers wanted to attack the arena as they did. Hannah, Kalani’s significant other, was killed in at the golf course in retribution when Kalani failed to complete his mission after surviving the Arena and infiltrating The Tower. I think that Pippin was originally sent to give Kalani the message that Scratch would kill Hannah if Kalani didn’t come through. When Kalani rebuffed the threat, Pippin was told on the radio to complete the mission and to kill Kalani if he could, but Pippin was killed by Kalani, probably with the help of another Maller that’s inside The Tower. I think that Kalani, Hannah, and Scratch were the three survivors from the flight from Hawaii or perhaps Kalani, Hannah, and Pippin. There are definitely two journals that Angel took from Bert’s desk. One is a truthful journal that Kalani has been writing, which will explain a lot of things in the coming season; the other journal was a dummy that Kalani kept to turn in. Remember that Tanya had asked Angel (or Michael?) if he’d read all of the journals, and then dropped the subject because Angel (or Michael?) got a little pissy about her questioning. I think that she noticed some inconsistencies within Kalani’s dummy journal and those of other survivor’s. Michael’s military training will cause him to stick to the plan that they had of doing a recon to Fort Irwin and the survivors of The Tower will fly on to the base. Saul and Victor will retrieve the digital journals and somehow get the news to Michael that Angel and Burt were alive after the fight at the Tower, but that they are in the Mallers hands. Saul will track the Mallers to find where they take Lizzy and a rescue mission will be mounted.

"Lurker"

Status
    I think it would be even more dramatic if Samantha were a zombie and were about to attack datu but change her mind.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Pippin's mission, as was described by Scratch/Tardust in chapter 24, was to find Pegs and relay that information to Scratch so she would know she was there. Besides, if Kalani was the Rat, and was sent to the Tower to kill Pegs he was sent there before Latch was killed.

With the exception of the 15 seconds before his death, Pippin wasn't left alone without supervision of a mature adult in the Tower. He wouldn't have had a chance to send or receive a message on the radio.

The journals found in the desk were probably not the one that Tanya received to scan. Tanya was still working on the journals when Kalani left the Tower and he never returned to the interior of it once he left for LAX to repair the Jolly Green Giant. It seems like she was keeping all the journals after she scanned them, so Kalani's journal (the one he turned in) would be in her posession when he left the Tower for the last time. As I said on WND, Kalani isn't in enough shape to run up the 15 flights of stairs (or 10 I suppose) to hide the stuff once he got it back, kill Pippin and escape the Tower without tipping someone off.....

....by having a heart attack.

"Lurker"

Status
    @nikvoodoo You punched a lot of holes in everything that I wrote. Good job. But by mission though, I meant that Kalani and Pippin were both sent to infiltrate the The Tower to help bring it down. That Pippin was tasked to kill Pegs was a personal mission of Scratch's and not her boss' main plan.
    Last edited by Daniel Glenn; Aug 11th, 2011 at 07:35 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Hey @nikvoodoo. Who was the guy that complained about spending his guard duty at the monitors with Pippin present? I thought it is suspious at the time. Perhaps he's the second mole/rat? I still think that there was a second mole/rat, Pippin being the third, Kalani being the first.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Glenn View Post
    @nikvoodoo You punched a lot of holes in everything that I wrote. Good job. But by mission though, I meant that Kalani and Pippin were both sent to infiltrate the The Tower to help bring it down. That Pippin was tasked to kill Pegs was a personal mission of Scratch's and not her boss' main plan.
    I didn't punch holes in all of it....I left Hannah alone.....

In the beginning of your initial post you said "Kalani was sent to do the same job pippin was sent to do." We know from Scratch and Tardust what Pippin's mission was: ID Pegs and relay that information to Scratch. So saying Kalani and Pippin have the same mission is impossible because before the War, Scratch wouldn't have known who Pegs was.

The guy you are thinking of who didn't want to spend time with Pippin in the guard room was Steven. If he was the other rat, he is most decidedly out of the game now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast