User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    As to what is the cause of the infection, I think the unmapped area in the hospital clearly points toward man's interference into God's realm. We have tread on to holy ground and are paying the consequences. My guess for who's to blame, my working theory (Well, that's until the next chapter comes along and changes everything.) is that the corporation that conducted the experiments and they are no longer in control and the Zombie King, reins supreme. (King Ink the First, anyone?)
    Last edited by ZombieNick; Aug 7th, 2011 at 06:39 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Glenn View Post
    No, it's great. I like what you've written. Guess we will have to see with what KC comes up with.
    That we will. I can't wait to find out what happens next. So many great possible theories thrown about, someone could take all these and write another zombie related story lol.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNick View Post
    As to what is the cause of the infection, I think the unmapped area in the hospital clearly points toward man's interference into God's realm. We have tread on to holy ground and are paying the consequences. My guess for who's to blame, my working theory (Well, that's until the next chapter comes along and changes everything.) is that the corporation that conducted the experiments and they are no longer in control and the Zombie King, reins supreme. (King Ink the First, anyone?)
    Idea. How about something DOOM-ish like some scientist opened a portal to hell? ouch. ok, i'll stop.

"Lurker"

Status
    I don't know if this has been discussed since I'm new, but I'm confused on how the infection is spread. We know that getting bitten does it, and in the beginning being splattered or ingesting blood did it too. I was re-listening, however, and when Riley and Angel were in the arena they were in piles of the dead monsters for hours. Riley got juices in her eyes and mouth and I assume Angel did too. Can the infection not be spread by the dead bodies? Do they need to be living/fresh remains in order to spread it?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spellchekk View Post
    I don't know if this has been discussed since I'm new, but I'm confused on how the infection is spread. We know that getting bitten does it, and in the beginning being splattered or ingesting blood did it too. I was re-listening, however, and when Riley and Angel were in the arena they were in piles of the dead monsters for hours. Riley got juices in her eyes and mouth and I assume Angel did too. Can the infection not be spread by the dead bodies? Do they need to be living/fresh remains in order to spread it?
    This question goes to the heart of one of the unanswered questions of the series: How do they decide between turning someone and using them as food? That pile that Angel and Riley hid in might be just be people that the zombies killed but never infected them. We've seen them dragging live ones around, but we've also seen them jump on Todd and Fernando for immediate eats. If they can control themselves to the point that they don't bite right away, that entire pile could have been full of people who got their necks snapped and tossed onto the pile.

Likely? Nah, not really. But possible.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Did the zombies take live people during the beginning, I wonder? or did that come later, once Ink (or whoever is the smartest zombie in the group) organized everyone, newly turned and all, and 'told them' what to do?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I have often wondered if the tatoos might serve a transmission function. Just as some diseases can be spread through needles, the same might be true for zombies.

Bill Roberts (A.K.A. "Ink") might have been turned after getting one of his many tatoos before becoming Patient Zero for LA the LA area.

Also, the tatoo gun at the Mental Hospital might have been used for more than just labelling the Little Ones. Perhaps it is being used to infect others? With new strains?

"Lurker"

Status
    I'm curious about transmission theories related to Ground Zero and Inglewood. While it's apparent that the virus (or whatever) is transmitted through blood and bodily fluids, and it's therefore possible/probable that it's being transmitted through the tattoo needle, I'm unsure about what part Ground Zero plays. We heard the theory that Ground Zero is where everything started, presumably where the virus first began spreading, at least in the Los Angeles metro area. If that's the case, and considering that something in the area causes violent illness and vomiting, there must be some sort of other method of transmission, perhaps airborne (although Pegs said something about how it didn't seem like it was in the air, and Pegs and Victor didn't acquire the virus even after they were exposed to the air of the area).

"Lurker"

Status
    I wonder if WA is based on real locations?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by panzerfaust View Post
    I wonder if WA is based on real locations?
    Generally yes. Kc has said he likes to write about what he knows and where he can visit. There are obviously exceptions like the Colony....I doubt there's a booby trapped stronghold in SoCal full of sociopaths.....

...,at least I hope there isn't!
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Dec 31st, 2011 at 06:43 AM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast