omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Arthur
    since you seem to be the only one who is willing to comment on my running rant/blog/thread of interesting(read:nutty) ideas. Here is my take on subsonics

Subsonics would require such a large level of equipment, that I don't see how it would be a viable option within this story...just from the equipment I have..2 15" subs on 2800 actual watts in an SUV. The sound produced from that at say 6hz..the tones low enough to be inaudible produce ZERO sound, but additionally,produce no I'll affects to myself or anyone else for that matter. In researching infrasonic waves, the primary causes were found in LARGE industrial ventilation ducting and surprisingly enough wind power turbines found in cal. And Arizona.. Also a thing to note is, if it were a sub or infrasonic weapon..with the amount of time that has passed. Large structures would be destroyed from the sonic impact..this may or may not be visually noticable....

The acoustical weapon may be a viable option, as tones produced by them are typically above the 2.5 khz range. This is damn near out if the range of human hearing. But,two things would need to occur to get the reaction we saw in victor and pegs; either one hell of a big weapon or they were pretty damn close to it.

And I'm working on the formic acid idea..to many things add up when you start looking at the behaviors of ants..to me its as if the entire story...the zoms the tower the colony the mallers...us as a forum...all of it fits when you view it(and us) as merely ants....todd out
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Jun 22nd, 2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: typo

"Lurker"

Status
    I think Victor is a spy for the gatekeeper

Possible Reasons For This

1 He didn't drink the soup

2 He bust into the house Pegs was been kept in just because there was loud music playing

3 Weird the way he was asking about Michael and Pegs relationship (Trying to find out if she could be used as leverage)

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

random 7houghts : of rats and patsies

so a somewhat lesser liked thought around here has been kalani and datu working together as dual rats. Here's some thoughts on that

kalani being from Hawaii. He would have a better idea of the state if the virus in the Philippines . Not a clear answer no, but he could certainly tell datu what he needed to hear. Datu has made more than a couple mentions of his children so I'm sure at least knowing what happened to them is on his mind

after the war, those two were the most adamant about leaving the tower. Speculation or not, I still say kalani knew of the lax chooper the whole time, and datu would be the proper person to bring along to fix it

If kalani were somehow associated with the mallers, pippin would have recognized him, kalani stayed quite distant from that entire situation. Meanwhile, datu would have been able to inform him of what's going on.

the scenario I've made in my head goes like this...while kalani is in with Michael. Datu prepares for the shooting, as kalani leaves the room, datu waits for him to get a ways down the stairs then cuts the wire, angel runs out...take out pippin. Catch up with kalani..bam...appears to anyone else as if they are leaving together.
    Reason. For shooting the radio? Kalani tell him if anyone sees you, take them out. Of coarse datu cannot kill hope so instead he shoots the radio, so kalani won't know he failed in that...
    the thing That got me to thinking about this was when they began working on the chopper kalani says " oh you found some tools?"... Now I'm no idiot,and I realize maintence ma. Tools are not going to be the best for working on a helicopter, but this could be a simple piece of dialogue to clue us in on something bigger..

Well that's my fiction for the evening..i highly doubt this is remotely close to what will come to pass. But,,its an interesting take on it

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

random 7houghts : skittles and other tastes of the rainbow

so I have been puzzling, like most over skittles and how he could possibly fit into the story. What we do know is he like his loner status, seems a bit traumatized the current state of the world (so to say), and he watched his friends be eaten. That's about all the backstory we have....fiction time

many people who commit terrible crimes are given tests to judge their mental stability at the time of the crime. The question we should ask is, what could someone like skittles actually be capable of....at our first meeting he seemed a total lost cause, mind completely gone. But, in the second meeting in the watertower,at times the inflection in his voice seemed vaguely sinister..what I'm proposing is this:

could skittles actually have been an eastern bay resident? Perhaps one in a solitary confinement type situation...at first,getting together with a faction of the other prisoners that were not a part of durais group. He would have been happy to be with others,ANY others at that point..then when his group was attacked his natural instinct of self preservation and "hiding in a hole" would have kicked in...at that point he would also acknowledge that he is destined to be alone for the rest of his days, that all people he comes into contact with are simply destined to be eaten...the mind can shape its own reality when its been left on its own for so long, also one who has been in situations like solitary confinement, be it prison or self imposed isolation have INSANE powers of observation....i dunno...i seem to be rambling at this point...perhaps I'm just describing myself at this point. But, the point is

skittles...the nice guy who went off the deep end and did something real bad...maybe?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    I am seeing accusations of Pegs on here. I would like to take a moment to explain why I don't she is the rat or shooter.

1) She owned a flowershop. Her career would have little opportunites to ever tie her in with the people like Mallers. While there are people at the tower who's careers are more likely to have associated them with criminals. Such as Kelly, she was a lawyer.

2) She can't handle a gun. And more than that, shooting a gun. She has terrible nightmares and cries that she had to kill a man that was about to murder both her and Michael. It would be impossible for her to murder a man that posed no immediate threat to her like Pippin. With her personality, we would be able to tell a major change in behaviour from her if she were to kill another person.

3) And I don't see any advantage to her being the rat. She has been relying on others in the tower for comfort, support, and safety the entire time. She would not be able to survive alone in the zombie world, or with the mallers, and she knows it. Also, she is in love with Michael. I don't think Pegs could give up the relationship she has with Michael, when such a thing is rare in that world, and ten times more valuable.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Creem

1: Agreed

2:agreed

3:Agreed

I'm simply exploring ideas here, not popular ideas mind you. But ideas none the less...i personally agree with everything you said.
    Pegs the rat? That's just nutty....

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Don't know if this one has appeared yet but does anyone else think that maybe Pippin's accent was 'bad' because there is actually the real Pippin out there somewhere? Love the idea that Michael and the others will be in one of the choppers (crashed) and some guy turns up and saves them. They are grateful but that changes when Michael realizes that he recognizes the guy but is not sure where from. They think he's a maller and then he tells them: "My name is Pippin!"
    Would love there to be a Pippin 2.0 with a 'real' accent!
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I had some interesting little notes I made along the way while relistening to WA for the ... time. I just thought they were worth mentioning and don't necessarily always add to or take a way from a theory. Anywho, scope out my notes, let me show you them:

5-1 - First time we hear the "command call" from a zombie leader?
    7-1 - Riley says Bill keeps yelling at Datu to connect his breaker box to the generator to watch movies, a sign that he was indeed hording supplies via the elevator?
    10-1 -Angel says the line "Just follow your nose," which is funny considering that later his callsign becomes Toucan
    10-3 -There is a rhythmic cheering/stomping/clapping as the one with markings kills Samantha
    11-1 -Kelly told Pegs about the break in at Riley's shop; also Kelly is part of the search for stolen goods; and Tommy was left in charge of the shop during Riley's abscense to Kelly may have had access to the keys. Did she assist Bill with the hording?

Those are just a few little things I jotted down. As you can see, nothing amazing but I thought they were interesting tidbits. Hope they get some gears turning or seem interesting.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Minor points, but we hear command calls sooner and more often then that. Before they retreat to the arms locker, there is a command call. When they first have Burt and take back the tower. One starts a command call and is killed before it completes.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Minor points, but we hear command calls sooner and more often then that. Before they retreat to the arms locker, there is a command call. When they first have Burt and take back the tower. One starts a command call and is killed before it completes.
    Good job! I guess I have selective hearing.

Another interesting little tidbit:

12-2 - has Epic Meal Time music, which leads me to believe the biters are former Youtube celebs who just want to eat bacons strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips...MORE BACON STRIPS!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast