User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Is Michael heading for another big I told you so?

Michael seems to be pushing really hard to fly away. Getting people to pack up etc. But, I do not get the impression its recon. They are obviously worried about weight so that means not a lot of extra water.

Three tours in Iraq and Michael has to know the importance of water. Lack of water can kill more quickly than zombies, because one cannot hide from lack of water and no mater how many times it is shot, the threat of lack of water is not diminished.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Them flying away is heading to another I told you so this being were alive there is going to be a big event which makes it go wrong

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Makes me wonder if they'll leave the city or find a new tower for season 3.
    joint-point-counter-joint

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

How many towers are there in LA? On the outer edge of the city? My guess is one could stand on the top of the tower and Pinpoint a few. Between Kalani and Hope, they should have a feeling for how big it was. Was it 5 or 6 stories or 15 or 16 stories. They were the first ones to run into a problem with smart zombie(s) living in the arena. So, my guess is it is closer to the Arena than "our" Tower. Kalani was captured and taken there by zombies on foot. I have to guess it is less than 12 hours. What is the foot speed of a zombie or two carrying Kalani, 2maybe 3 MPH? Since we know that the regularly made supply runs that a good portion of the trip (My guess North) is realatively clear of cars or better yet, if they moved some of the cars out of the way we may have some breadcrumbs. We can also use the setup of the Ambush to figure out what direction they were headed. Kalani does not know the exact way. But, he should have a feel for the general direction (Again, I think north of LAX.) and the distance. Did it take 5 minutes at ~ 20mph or did it take 4 hours at 50MPH.

Sure a 36mile radius around the arena (Zombies Carrying Kalani) for example is pretty damn big. But, start swinging in the additional arcs from other tidbits and the area is going to shrink significantly. And remember, we are not looking for X marks the spot where we have to be right on top of it to see it. We are looking for a tower that is say more than a 100 feet tall.

Michael may have been Military Intelligence, but he does not seem to be an analyst.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    How many towers are there in LA? On the outer edge of the city? My guess is one could stand on the top of the tower and Pinpoint a few. Between Kalani and Hope, they should have a feeling for how big it was. Was it 5 or 6 stories or 15 or 16 stories. They were the first ones to run into a problem with smart zombie(s) living in the arena. So, my guess is it is closer to the Arena than "our" Tower. Kalani was captured and taken there by zombies on foot. I have to guess it is less than 12 hours. What is the foot speed of a zombie or two carrying Kalani, 2maybe 3 MPH? Since we know that the regularly made supply runs that a good portion of the trip (My guess North) is realatively clear of cars or better yet, if they moved some of the cars out of the way we may have some breadcrumbs. We can also use the setup of the Ambush to figure out what direction they were headed. Kalani does not know the exact way. But, he should have a feel for the general direction (Again, I think north of LAX.) and the distance. Did it take 5 minutes at ~ 20mph or did it take 4 hours at 50MPH.

Sure a 36mile radius around the arena (Zombies Carrying Kalani) for example is pretty damn big. But, start swinging in the additional arcs from other tidbits and the area is going to shrink significantly. And remember, we are not looking for X marks the spot where we have to be right on top of it to see it. We are looking for a tower that is say more than a 100 feet tall.

Michael may have been Military Intelligence, but he does not seem to be an analyst.
    Jesus. You just went all Samuel Gerard on us there.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

That is the L.A. Skyline at night. There are plenty of buildings that are above the height of the Tower which would limit how far you can see from the top of any of those buildings. Even on the rooftop of a building on the outskirts of a city, you aren't going to be able to see too far because once you get an apartment tower, many more seem to just spring up all around it. Both my apartments in NYC have been in relatively suburban-esque neighborhoods, but you can really only see about 1/4 mile in any direction from the roof tops because there's always an apartment building or office tower in the way. I realize it's not the same thing, but urban planning puts similar buildings with similar buildings to keep things looking neat and tidy.

And the supply run that got ambushed did not necessarily have to be North of the our Tower. The path was cleared by the Mallers recently to get the tankers up there for the attack. That path was closed off and not very usable before. Remember all the weaving Michael had to do when escaping the Arena with Datu? And if Kalani never went on a supply run with the Other Tower, he would have no idea what direction they went.

Also, you said you assumed the Other Tower was going North when they were ambushed by the zombies, but Saul made the bet with Lizzy he could go get Lady because his house was nearby. A couple of miles from the ambush site. And according to the map that puts them somewhere near Lynwood or Compton, not anywhere near the Arena.

I still contend that the Smart Zombies attack those that pose the largest threat. The Other Tower sent out large convoys of people. They were the most organized and proactive groups. Therefore, they got hit first. The Colony is organized and secure and gets attacked by "waves" of zombies. The Mallers and Tower have been sending out small two man parties to get supplies and they've been relatively untouched by comparison (well until recently at least...the Mallers got a little too big for their britches and got themselves attacked)

That's perhaps one of the reasons Michael doesn't make the same connections. You are assuming and guessing a lot and he would have been trained to not do that. Is that to say you are wrong and the Other Tower isn't further north? Nope. It could be. But there's a lot of ground to cover in L.A. and there are just as many other likely candidates. For instance, the area between the Tower and Saul's house could be a location for the Other Tower. After all, Hope was carried to the Colony by two guys on foot.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Thanks for the feedback. The Ambush site was by Sauls house. But my guess is the tower is north of Sauls house. We know ground zero was more in the center of the city. So I do not think they are there and would have to travel to get there. Second the other tower had significantly more survivors. They sent out multiple foraging teams. One containing 20 of their best was hit (most likely the one Saul/Burt/Lizzie found). Despite that loss there were still many that wandered away and become zombie chow when the one with the markings attacked. After that attack there were enough to form a rescue party for Samantha. All this and others indicate it was a large number of people.

My guess is the further one is from ground zero the greater the percentage chance of survival. Again this indicates to me they are on the outer edge. It would be very interesting to ask Hope when she and her mom first got hit. When I look at your skyline I see a large amount of black. To me this implies office space. Despite being further away the light density is much higher. The tower in the lower right appears to be an apartment complex because of the large number of lit windows.

I think your idea about threat analysis is interesting. But I do not want to give them too much credit. "Paul" had difficulty with the number pad. Either his manual dexterity is shot or he still does not get it. These zombies are certainly not Romero Shufflers but nor are they masterminds bent on world domination. I do not know Samuel Gerard is. I will have too look it up. My guess is that it is not a compliment. Oh wait. My rusty synapses are linking it to the fugative

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Ok looked it up. Maybe we are about the same age, but he is way better looking.

Circling back to Kalani. I agree he would not know which way the supply runs went. But he should know the direction from LAX.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Lol. Reference missed.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Ok looked it up. Maybe we are about the same age, but he is way better looking.

Circling back to Kalani. I agree he would not know which way the supply runs went. But he should know the direction from LAX.
    Perhaps, but it can be very easy to get yourself directionally lost while navigating a city. Happens in NYC all the time.

And now I understand what you were talking about before. For some reason it didn't sink in the first time, but I get what you're theorizing about the location now.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast