User Tag List

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    "Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    I believe they are read something from the tattoo, , I remember someone said that one of those symbol meaning protecting.

Also why put all those symbol on prison door if it wasn't a message to those not to touch these or only give this chemical to that one.
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 12:39 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Quote Originally Posted by Vlarken View Post
    I like the idea of a turned-only language, even if it is far fetched. I'm super into linguistics, so Datu's being able to read this stuff intrigues the hell out of me, and I can't wait to find out the reason. At first I thought that the address was just in Latin, and Datu could of course read it because, being a practicing Catholic, he knows at least a bit of Latin. However, I missed that the address was in symbols and not in the Latin alphabet.

Many of the languages spoken in the Philippines are in similar families to languages spoken in Hawaii. After some flitting about with Wikipedia and google images (because, while I love linguistics, I'm not very familiar with these languages; I'm more into the Indo-European languages) I found out that Tagalog is originally written in a script that seems a little like what Puck was describing. I haven't really been keeping up with the forum lately, so I don't know if someone has already posted something like this. If they did, apologies. If not, take a look.

Attachment 3074
    I was just about to post this same thing.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Well, Datu translates to Chief. Many of the other characters had similar translations to their names. Our problem is if it is not a function of he disease, then we have to link Datu to Ink, randy or something, but it has to be so obscure that many of the characters have no clue and do not recognize it. I do not know Greek, Viking or Russian, but I could say that looks like XYZ.

There is one very tenuous link that I can make. It is obscure and indirect. After they clean out the tower the second time with Burt's arrival. They are cleaning out those nasty bodies that Michael describes. Datu says that it is OK, I have cleaned up worse. Very strange.

Let's get obscure again. When Pegs over hears that they are going to kill Marcus, one of the statements is, you have to make it look like one of THEM did it. Have fun! Strange. He is supposed to kill, eat or make it look like it was eaten and ave fun???

So, zombie rewriting the brain? Datu is part of some bizzaro cult? Christian writing coud be in Greek, Coptic or Latin, but those are not very obscure. Angelic Script? I will cogitate on this some more
    Likes MrRedBeard liked this post

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Well, Datu translates to Chief. Many of the other characters had similar translations to their names. Our problem is if it is not a function of he disease, then we have to link Datu to Ink, randy or something, but it has to be so obscure that many of the characters have no clue and do not recognize it. I do not know Greek, Viking or Russian, but I could say that looks like XYZ.

There is one very tenuous link that I can make. It is obscure and indirect. After they clean out the tower the second time with Burt's arrival. They are cleaning out those nasty bodies that Michael describes. Datu says that it is OK, I have cleaned up worse. Very strange.

Let's get obscure again. When Pegs over hears that they are going to kill Marcus, one of the statements is, you have to make it look like one of THEM did it. Have fun! Strange. He is supposed to kill, eat or make it look like it was eaten and ave fun???

So, zombie rewriting the brain? Datu is part of some bizzaro cult? Christian writing coud be in Greek, Coptic or Latin, but those are not very obscure. Angelic Script? I will cogitate on this some more

The only problem that I have with have a secret language is how would Datu and Randy be able to read the same code if neither are familiar with that language? Whoever drop the shopping list at Raydon would have to know what was written on that sheet as well.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    I believe they are read something from the tattoo, , I remember someone said that one of those symbol meaning protecting.

Also why put all those symbol on prison door if it wasn't a message to those not to touch these or only give this chemical to that one.
    The symbols relating to protection were found on Ink's face and two seem to have been used on the doors. I've been meaning to update the wiki with the information people brought up in some of the last few threads but life has been kicking my asss.

The symbols on the doors in the prison were:
    1. A three-lined rainbow with a five-lined fan beneath it - no explanation yet
    2. A fish on fire - no explanation yet
    3. Snake - Appears in the veve for Damballah Wedo
    4. Bird foot - If this is the rune for Odin, it does mean protection.
    5. Cross with a triangle - Alchemical marking for sulphur
    6. Egyptian eye - Eye of Horus: to make or do" or "one who does".] In Egyptian myth the eye was not the passive organ of sight but more an agent of action, protection or wrath.

I'll try to get back to posting more and making those updates to the wiki in the near future.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    Attachment 3071

But i still think the church is where he goes to say his final goodbyes.
    Could be he goes to the church because he thinks he is possessed because he can now read/see a language that no one else can........
    Likes Red Shirt, Jannit liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    What Datu saw wasn't the original, but just a copy of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    Well then obviously it's......yeah, I got nothing. You've got me stumped Kc. Guess I'm just gonna have to wait to find out what the hell is going on.
    I think the reference to this being a copy and not the original was a reply to someone stating that maybe the paper had some kind of pheromone's or something on it....

I think KC is basically says that whatever is cause Datu pain/trouble is definately something visual..... since he experiences the pain when he looks at the page, but as soon as he look away it starts to fade....

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Verse View Post
    I will say this. If the Zeds have some kinda language that they learn when they are turned (Not taught. I would be ok with that, but just bite and learn) I will be pissed. Not upset. Not disliking. Pissed. Mainly because it goes against the tone that has been set from day one. The Zeds are biological in nature. They make sense within the world and are plausable. Thus why we don't have flying Zeds and multiheaded hydras and what ever else. No mind powers or Matrix stuff. Just biologocal and focused. Thicker bones, pumping more blood via changed heart, ect. To have a change that makes you have a language just appear in your head to read goes to the Supernatural. I am ok with the Occult symbols on Ink b/c it is just symbols. Religious stuff. He has never called down the rain and fire from the sky. No different than ppl tattooing crosses and such to themselves. If now we introduce a Magic element to this thing in the last half of the last season.. I will go WTF. At this time I will give KC my trust. Nothing has happened so far that I have not been ok with. Even finding out Bill Roberts and Ink are the same when I thought it was crap (I had to use a new keypad at work and took like 5 trys to get it right... so I gave KC a pass on Ink having an issue when I thought it was stuid at the time) I was ok with in time. So.. I will be patient.
    You didn't like that Ink and Bill Roberts are the same?

And just curious, but did you feel the same way when the characters theorized that they could communicate?

(BTW, I'm not saying that Verse is right or wrong about his theory, I'm just curious his reaction to something previous in the story)

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I think more people should research how this sort of thing could be possible before judging if its supernatural or not. Also, while this story 90% science based and does a good job at keeping to that...at some point we have to go off those rails.

#becausezombies

the beauty if neurological science is in a way it is like magic. The general public (certainly including myself here) cannot even begin to wrap their brains around how the brain works. So who amongst us wants to get ahold of Steve novella?? He'll set this shit straight. *darn tootin'
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I'm still waiting for the introduction of the Gods of Olympus into the story. It sure would explain Victor's past
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast