User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 38-1

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by runs4theheckofit View Post
    No black like her soul she's acting like the harbinger of death towards Datu, all because her vision is fuzzy.
    The title of this episode should be Hope becomes Despair.
    Likes Hanniekuma, runs4theheckofit liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Since I've got number on my mind at the Colony and folks have been talking about voting CJ in as the leader...

What's the timeline we are talking about here? From the day CJ "led the rebellion" to kick out the Mallers until the day after her surgery is a week or so at least? Working from memory here but didn't she sit waiting in the infirmary for several (3 or 4) days before Glenn and Pete made it to the Colony with the sat phone? And then another couple of days from that point to the surgery (with the initial zombie attack and the couple of waves after it)?

In that time, CJ was pretty active with the radios and directing people in person. People were used to coming to the hospital to see her and talk things over/get orders.

So, I think there was plenty of time to organize a "let's put CJ in formal command" movement among the natives. So, by my way of thinking, most of the work was done before Michael and Co. arrived from Fort Irwin. Having Michael on the ground at the Colony might have galvanized the people to have a vote.

Seems plausible to me, anyway....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    i am just to start my second listen for that. I got the impression that it is long hours, maybe a day or two max. Not a week.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I do not think CJ can do that. Period. Saul cannot plan shit, but he can spontaneously react to adverse situations and recover. The .50 cal won't take the whole nine yards. Screw it, feed it one round at a time. CJ would cry about it and blame the equipment. Saul gets the job done.

Train your people well and give them autonomy to react spontaneously. Teach them to fear you and watch your house of cards collapse the minute your plan makes first contact as they clog up the chain of command requesting new orders.

Datu FIX! vs. That weld will never hold!

Really, CJ? Really? Maybe she is right, but the character who knows her best, Saul, says "... because you know everything..." when he is operating as a combat medic and knows she is bleeding out.
    Somebody Rep Grognaurd for me for this one! I'm gonna need to spread it around a bit, first.

Saul cannot plan shit, but he can spontaneously react to adverse situations and recover. The .50 cal won't take the whole nine yards. Screw it, feed it one round at a time. CJ would cry about it and blame the equipment. Saul gets the job done.
    She wasn't going to storm the Colony with her plan because it wasn't air-tight. Saul takes risks and will jump at a plan that is 'good enough' or "Sounds about right" (Liddy:Lizzy)

Train your people well and give them autonomy to react spontaneously. Teach them to fear you and watch your house of cards collapse the minute your plan makes first contact as they clog up the chain of command requesting new orders.
    I've had (and still have) bosses like the Fearleaders. My way of dealing with them is to follow orders to the letter then watch the stink rise to the top from the pile of s..t of their own making. Then I silently giggle at watching them hemorrhage when I put on my loyal-servant-dutifully-following-my-masters-wishes-like-no-other face. This only works when their boss is around and steps onto the pile of doo doo. Otherwise, I would get blamed for the fiasco....
    At Mysterical Island Laboratories

Mr. Talisman: "Witch Doctor! Mr. Mephistopheles has just turned pink and a Unicorn horn has replaced his Goat horns! Why is there pixie dust all over the place? "

Witch Doctor: "But Mr. Talisman, you insisted that I remove the eyes of ALL of the newts. When I told you we didn't have enough jars for them you told me to use the Pixie Dust jars. Well, 100 blind newts went running amok spreading Pixie dust all over. We couldn't catch the newts because pixie dust turns them into chameleons. It says on on the MSDS labels that you had me glue onto all of the bottles last week. One of the ghouls says that he followed a trail of pixie dust heading towards Mephistopheles' stash of Greek yogurt and dolmades."

Mephistopheles: "Talismaaaaaaaan!!!!! In my office NOW!!!! "
    She practically imprisoned people in Dunbar with surveillance cameras watching the inhabitants (could also be used to track intruders too, though.) She even suspected that she lost people via desertion. She treats peoples' will and actions as a controllable variable, not valuing their wildcard nature, like you said. Sadly, I hope her disdain for acting-on-the-fly hasn't been reinforced by her deviating from the plan when she entered the hospital without waiting for Saul.

This, my friend, says it all.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Sep 25th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post

Mr. Talisman: "Witch Doctor! Mr. Mephistopheles has just turned pink and a Unicorn horn has replaced his Goat horns! Why is there pixie dust all over the place? "

Witch Doctor: "But Mr. Talisman, you insisted that I remove the eyes of ALL of the newts. When I told you we didn't have enough jars for them you told me to use the Pixie Dust jars. Well, 100 blind newts went running amok spreading Pixie dust all over. We couldn't catch the newts because pixie dust turns them into chameleons. It says on on the MSDS labels that you had me glue onto all of the bottles last week. One of the ghouls says that he followed a trail of pixie dust heading towards Mephistopheles' stash of Greek yogurt and dolmades."

Mephistopheles: "Talismaaaaaaaan!!!!! In my office NOW!!!! "
    [/COLOR]
    *Slow Clap*

I just.....brilliant. I lost it at the "MSDS Llabels you had me glue ontl all of the bottles last week"....having come from a re-up of my hazardous materials class recently. Awesome.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Since I've got number on my mind at the Colony and folks have been talking about voting CJ in as the leader...

What's the timeline we are talking about here? From the day CJ "led the rebellion" to kick out the Mallers until the day after her surgery is a week or so at least? Working from memory here but didn't she sit waiting in the infirmary for several (3 or 4) days before Glenn and Pete made it to the Colony with the sat phone? And then another couple of days from that point to the surgery (with the initial zombie attack and the couple of waves after it)?

In that time, CJ was pretty active with the radios and directing people in person. People were used to coming to the hospital to see her and talk things over/get orders.

So, I think there was plenty of time to organize a "let's put CJ in formal command" movement among the natives. So, by my way of thinking, most of the work was done before Michael and Co. arrived from Fort Irwin. Having Michael on the ground at the Colony might have galvanized the people to have a vote.

Seems plausible to me, anyway....
    i am just to start my second listen for that. I got the impression that it is long hours, maybe a day or two max. Not a week.
    If I remember correctly, it was hours. Something about Saul saying that her leg wouldn't last longer than 4 hours. Pete and Glen took 8 hours because they were chased back into the safe house. Several more ours after fixing the phone, getting the message to Irwin, drive, drive, shoot shoot, gas bombs boom boom, drive, shoot, Datu "I can fix it Micheal! O-kay! Ay Nako! Aray!", dial, dial, no signal, BOOM!!! Victor "Sons's of bitches (Something badass in Spanish)" Puck "Y'all stink anyway!"
    Likes Red Shirt, Z Sniper liked this post
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I think 70 is way way low. Marcus tells Michael there are hundreds at the colony. Was Marcus lying? Maybe. Have they literally lost hundreds of people in the coups? Greater than 75% casualties?

Me, I am in the much more sinister camp. The colony treated people like crap, CJ did also and the mallers kept slaves. I think they have continued those ways. There maybe 80+ of the ruling class, but I think there are still a lot more peasants available to say jobs done.

Saul and victor find a maller and (s)he has a bunch of IDs. I do not think they are fake IDs. I think they literally are IDs of the slaves owned by that maller.

As for how much does CJ know. I am sure we have all had Screamers for bosses. They micromanage everything. A weld may be placed at five feet with a tolerance of plus or minus three inches. Maybe you are about to lock it down right at five, but just to to be dick and to put on a leadership show the boss will scream bloody murder about how that will never hold and have you move it to five feet one inch.

Some leadership is about showmanship and power. CJ may be awesome smart and/or maybe she is just putting on a good show. If Michael does not know shit about welding, he might think she really does know her shit. However, She brags about her proficiency with a sword and is a total spaz.

Like I said, maybe she is awesome, but leadership is planning and execution. Eisenhower taught me Planning is everything, but THE Plan means nothing. One must have to be able to drop the plan and instantly go to B and onto C right in the middle of the operation.

I do not think CJ can do that. Period. Saul cannot plan shit, but he can spontaneously react to adverse situations and recover. The .50 cal won't take the whole nine yards. Screw it, feed it one round at a time. CJ would cry about it and blame the equipment. Saul gets the job done.

Really, CJ? Really? Maybe she is right, but the character who knows her best, Saul, says "... because you know everything..." when he is operating as a combat medic and knows she is bleeding out.
    It is a simple question, has already enough happened to let CJ's house of cards crumble down? Yes. She already must be very careful with whom, at what moment and about which topic she can discuss a certain topic. Hence, she will be pretty fucked up in the long run. In my opinion, this is an ineluctable fact.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    The title of this episode should be Hope becomes Despair.
    May I propose Sunglasses At Night as subheading?

Likes runs4theheckofit, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    It is a simple question, has already enough happened to let CJ's house of cards crumble down? Yes. She already must be very careful with whom, at what moment and about which topic she can discuss a certain topic. Hence, she will be pretty fucked up in the long run. In my opinion, this is an ineluctable fact.
    You are correct. Notice how she verbally stumbles when explaining to Michael why she's sending Victor ans Saul to Dunbar?
    Likes runs4theheckofit liked this post
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    May I propose Sunglasses At Night as subheading?

this I can get behind
    Likes Hanniekuma liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast