User Tag List

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Yeah, this is what I'm suspecting. He seems to be ignored the same way that Jay ignored Datu after they were both bitten, and the way the zombies ignored Ink after he was bitten. Maybe he is a slow turner too. Even better, if slow turning is a genetic trait then, how amazing would it be if it is revealed that he had a brother in Dunbar with him. A brother named James? A brother named James who escapes with Sean and Hope to the Colony? A brother named James who escapes with Sean and Hope to the Colony but is said to later die from some infection? A brother named James who escapes with Sean and Hope to the Colony but is said to later die from some infection, but was actually euthanized for being a slow turner after biting Tanya?
    This would be a "holy shit" moment in the storyline.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    What?! Damn!! To France??? Unbeleivable but easy to explain...either it's becasue the universe just doesn't makes sense all the time, ...because one of the players had a slice of bacon with his eggs instead of toast for breakfast, ...because Osiris only masturbated twice yesterday, ...or the idiots in Hockey Canada don't know what they're doing (no invite for Darnell Nurse!?!), ...or because shit just happens.
    For the record, it was three times.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    my 'rebuttle' to that would be:
    then why doesn't Skittles follow any other symbols like the rest of the horde?
    Actually, we don't know whether he follows signals or not. After all the cameras made the footage of Skittles being near zombies with them zombos reacting to him.
    It could also be the case that Ink used special symbols in front of Skittles which could be kind of uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    it didn't sound like he knew/remembered how he let Ink in to Dunbar, but that is the biggest question for me. i would think ANYone the on-duty guard doesn't recognize at the gate would alert others of a possible intruder.
    Sure. Maybe he did not remember how he let Ink in, because at that moment his "zombie-side" had full control over him. Could be similar with what Datu "felt" or "thought", when the symbols took partial control over him. He was not able to describe the meaning or translate the symbols to the survivors - maybe, because this part of his brain was defunct when zombie-Datu was in charge.
    Or what YABC has written:
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Well, I guess you have to keep in mind that he suffered a severe trauma from that incident. It might just be a locked memory in his mind.
    Interesting idea. But in my opinion, a slow-turning Skittles would make some story elements too over-utilized. Just the like the way changelings were at a certain point everywhere around at Deep Space Nine. And it would make him a goner sooner or later, would it not?
    Depends. I am not certain anymore that this story-element could or would be over-utilized, if Skittles is a slow-turner. Currently we are at a point of the storyline where there are only these reasons available why a "still human being" exists:
    - he has not become zombie-food,
    - he has/ was not turned into a zombie,
    - he was not shot by other survivors,
    - he did not die from suffering from malnutrition, diseases, bad luck.
    edit: Which means: It not unlikely that some survivors are slow-turners. I don't think (anymore) that this is just a story-element ... /edit
    Also we know that there are three types of infected: the ones becoming zombies, the ones being immune, the slow-turners. But we do not know that, if there is room for more detailed disinguishing.
    Another "hint" towards Duncan being kind of a half-zombo or slow-turner could be his smell ...

Yeah, this is what I'm suspecting. He seems to be ignored the same way that Jay ignored Datu after they were both bitten, and the way the zombies ignored Ink after he was bitten. Maybe he is a slow turner too. Even better, if slow turning is a genetic trait then, how amazing would it be if it is revealed that he had a brother in Dunbar with him. A brother named James? A brother named James who escapes with Sean and Hope to the Colony? A brother named James who escapes with Sean and Hope to the Colony but is said to later die from some infection? A brother named James who escapes with Sean and Hope to the Colony but is said to later die from some infection, but was actually euthanized for being a slow turner after biting Tanya?
    Wow, haven't thought about such a network on connections.
    Somehow I am willing to except that it is a question of genetical disposition. And maybe the slow-turner who bit Tanya was a relative of Duncan's, then yes: why wouldn't Duncan be able to live with the infection for some more time as a human being ... And since Skittles has no one to talk to, he has no opportunity to "understand" what is going on, which is different from the whole Datu-situation ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; May 10th, 2014 at 03:21 AM.
    Likes MrRedBeard, Footbutt, Storm, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post

Sure. Maybe he did not remember how he let Ink in, because at that moment his "zombie-side" had full control over him. Could be similar with what Datu "felt" or "thought", when the symbols took partial control over him. He was not able to describe the meaning or translate the symbols to the survivors - maybe, because this part of his brain was defunct when zombie-Datu was in charge.
    Or what YABC has written:
    I really like this idea. Sure, he's suffered some psychological trauma that could explain his memory loss of letting Ink inside. However, perhaps a temporary a loss of free will could do the same. Unfortunately, I can only guess at the mechanics of this.

Depends. I am not certain anymore that this story-element could or would be over-utilized, if Skittles is a slow-turner. Currently we are at a point of the storyline where there are only these reasons available why a "still human being" exists:
    - he has not become zombie-food,
    - he has/ was not turned into a zombie,
    - he was not shot by other survivors,
    - he did not die from suffering from malnutrition, diseases, bad luck.
    Also we know that there are three types of infected: the ones becoming zombies, the ones being immune, the slow-turners. But we do not know that, if there is room for more detailed disinguishing.
    Another "hint" towards Duncan being kind of a half-zombo or slow-turner could be his smell ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    It seems to me to be too late in the story to introduce something like non-human-scented people into the story. Especially ones who happen to suffer from PTSD. There might be something to the way zombies smell that marks them to each other. They are known to eat other animals. The animals don't smell like people. So, even if Skittles does not smell human, he could still be food.

I also have a thought from the past. Just what kind of white-hand-of-the-Uruk-Hai tattoo does Randy have on his head? And what does it mean?

1343701854397.jpg
    Likes MrRedBeard, Eviebae liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    It seems to me to be too late in the story to introduce something like non-human-scented people into the story. Especially ones who happen to suffer from PTSD. There might be something to the way zombies smell that marks them to each other. They are known to eat other animals. The animals don't smell like people. So, even if Skittles does not smell human, he could still be food.
    Seems too late to bring in anything else into the story now.....

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    There might be something to the way zombies smell that marks them to each other. They are known to eat other animals. The animals don't smell like people. So, even if Skittles does not smell human, he could still be food.
    Excellent point! So, when the regulars see animals it doesn't matter what they smell like, they're food. If they see people; they check out their smell to see if they're an us vs. a them...or maybe low vs. high threat.

In the past we've seen them eat each other. How much of their brotherhood of non-man comes from Ink and how much is tribal?

It feels more like he's immune like Saul (who they tend to ignore) rather than slowly turning. For one thing he was ignored at Dunbar long time ago and is still able to speak and reason.
    Last edited by Eviebae; May 10th, 2014 at 11:14 PM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    SKITTLES?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I really like this idea. Sure, he's suffered some psychological trauma that could explain his memory loss of letting Ink inside. However, perhaps a temporary a loss of free will could do the same. Unfortunately, I can only guess at the mechanics of this.

I also have a thought from the past. Just what kind of white-hand-of-the-Uruk-Hai tattoo does Randy have on his head? And what does it mean?

1343701854397.jpg
    Maybe there's a connection in how the drug created by dickhead, and the effects of severe dissociative identity disorder that is possibly affecting Skittles. Something to do with the chemical make-up of the brain juice that be flowin' yo.
    Last edited by Osiris; May 11th, 2014 at 10:09 AM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Seems too late to bring in anything else into the story now.....
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    In the past we've seen them eat each other. How much of their brotherhood of non-man comes from Ink and how much is tribal.
    I am not certain. Only Skittles mentioned it that them zombos seemed to have eaten zombos. But otherwise we "only" know that them zombos have gathered the dead bodies of their fallen kin. But it looks like they might have eaten their fallen as well, and/ or fed them to the baby Little Ones.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Excellent point! So, when the regulars see animals it doesn't matter what they smell like, they're food. If they see people; they check out their smell to see if they're an us vs. a them...or maybe low vs. high threat.

In the past we've seen them eat each other. How much of their brotherhood of non-man comes from Ink and how much is tribal?

It feels more like he's immune like Saul (who they tend to ignore) rather than slowly turning. For one thing he was ignored at Dunbar long time ago and is still able to speak and reason.
    Yes.

I am not certain. Only Skittles mentioned it that them zombos seemed to have eaten zombos. But otherwise we "only" know that them zombos have gathered the dead bodies of their fallen kin. But it looks like they might have eaten their fallen as well, and/ or fed them to the baby Little Ones.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    In the end, even for zombies, it just boils down to the question whether you are at the top or bottom of the pyramid.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    In the end, even for zombies, it just boils down to the question whether you are at the top or bottom of the pyramid.

Are those what i think they are jutting out the top of the pyramid?
    Likes Litmaster, YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast