omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Yeti View Post
    I will agree with the water comment I lived in Ventura and sb we drank bottled water even filtered it tasted awful metallic and was colored lol
    personally, I like the colored water. It...wait hold on *answers phone*...

I've just been informed this isn't water its beer...nvm.

Likes Kc, kent17, scbubba, Red Shirt, Litmaster and 1 others liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    [QUOTE=Gnex;71723]Everyone keeps mentioning the fact that Lizzy and Kelly are alone at the Tower....... freaking out because it is just 2 people alone.

But lets not forget that Michael also left Victor, Max, and Datu alone together.........Now, We all know that 1 Victor is basically equal to like 10 other mortal men.......... But Max is basically a Trainee right??? and Datu is still fighting off his infection!

Gnex, I certainly appreciate the confidence, but to be exact I'm equal to 9 and a 3/4 midget. But if you round up, yes, 10 mortal men it is. Now, if Datu so much as turns on me, I'm riding his butt to CJ to tear her other leg apart! FEAST ON HER SOUL!
    ALL HAIL GENERAL VICTORIOUS!

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Question: If Tanya hasn't found out what the haze is and how it works, how can she know it's irreversible? She is only able to see a small piece of the process. There's the whole re-wiring of the brain (like Datu's being able to understand Randy better after he is bitten.

It seems like all she knows for sure is that certain levels in blood/tissue rise during the change. Those levels are markers for the infection and show the rate of the body changing but not why. Is it any different than knowing the rate that white blood cells increase in the blood during an infection? Not knowing what is causing the change means she doesn't really know what the process behind the change is. And yes, I'm saying that because I want Datu to survive...

Hey, Twin Towers Correction Facility, think they're going to ram it with a plane stocked with explosives?

Finally, something that's been bothering me. The characters have stopped talking about the smell of the zomboids. Then, they make a point to say Randy smells worse than the usual. Is that because they don't notice it anymore or the smell is decreasing? Is Randy's smell significant or the result of his personality/self care levels before the turn? Michael says he looked like a homeless guy when he first saw him.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    You joke but isn't that why booze was a popular in history---it was safer than water? Maybe they just need to start making some mead!
    Likes Red Shirt, Litmaster liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Question: If Tanya hasn't found out what the haze is and how it works, how can she know it's irreversible? She is only able to see a small piece of the process. There's the whole re-wiring of the brain (like Datu's being able to understand Randy better after he is bitten.

It seems like all she knows for sure is that certain levels in blood/tissue rise during the change. Those levels are markers for the infection and show the rate of the body changing but not why. Is it any different than knowing the rate that white blood cells increase in the blood during an infection? Not knowing what is causing the change means she doesn't really know what the process behind the change is. And yes, I'm saying that because I want Datu to survive...
    Tanya knows because experimenting on Wendy (the girl Tanya wanted to see turn, in 39-1) proved that even at the beginning of the turning, the body had already begun to transform, meaning she can tell it isnt reversible.
    Likes Kc liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Dear KC,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

I understand that what makes WA as good as it is are your skills as a storyteller and your dedication as a producer. You really deserve more (mainstream) recognition for your creativity. For me, personally, WA is already too big to fail. However, I truly hope and believe that you will deliver the finale that WA deserves. This way WA can claim its rightful place in the pantheon of cult-classics and you (hopefully) will be launched into a career filled with other great works, if you should wish so.

Kind regards,

A fan.
    Likes Kc, kent17, scbubba, Red Shirt, REZombie and 2 others liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Tanya knows because experimenting on Wendy (the girl Tanya wanted to see turn, in 39-1) proved that even at the beginning of the turning, the body had already begun to transform, meaning she can tell it isnt reversible.
    But why? Even if the physical changes are irreversible, that doesn't mean it can't be stopped. Plus, like I said, without knowing the cause, you don't know if there is a cure.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    personally, I like the colored water. It...wait hold on *answers phone*...

That would be awesome

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    And how many fertilizer-trucks would be required to deliver enough trouble to this building?
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Apparently, McVeigh used less than 50 gallons of diesel fuel in the Oklahoma City bombing. He made about a 7000lb payload in delivery van that "destroyed or damaged 324 buildings within a 16-block radius, destroyed or burned 86 cars, and shattered glass in 258 nearby buildings, causing at least an estimated $652 million worth of damage." (from wikipedia).
    That was only a 15 foot rental van at that.

Before we go further...

Hello NSA! Having a nice evening? Coffee nice and hot? Good. Just want to remind you that this is only speculation in a fictional context based on a biological apocalypse. Just want to be clear on that. Didn't want you wasting time on fiction when the real bad guys are still out there. Have a good night!

OK, that's cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    With the resources available to the Colony right now what I'd propose is a good-old-fashioned truck bombing. Find a couple of semis. Build big-ass fertilizer bombs in them. Park them along the outside walls of the towers, nowhere near the doors. Detonate by remote control. Then sweep the area using the helicopter packing the minigun to kill whatever crawls out of the rubble.
    I agree. For maximum effectiveness, I think the minimum they could get away with is two semi-trailers. Without going into too much detail because I don't want to get on any lists for real, they're going to want to get those trucks as close as the can to the towers at the ends of the complex, hopefully pushing debris onto the center, collapsing it.

(I typed the following before I read through all the posts, before I read TacticalJHP's reply, but I'll keep it for the vid.)

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hart to fathom that. I wouldn't expected this little amount of diesel being capable to be as devastating as you describe it ...
    It's basically a dirty home version of ANFO, one of the Mythbusters favorite explosives. Remember the cement truck? That was only 800 pounds of ANFO:

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Roberts finds out that a TEOTWAWKI event is coming. He also has knowledge (vague or specific) about what happens to people in this event. His knowledge and work at Raydon gives him a special opportunity to personally take advantage.
    Here's the thing... I've been cooking up a Unicorn of my own and I've been keeping it under my hat. Now seems as good a time as any to whip it out, uh, bring it up, um, mention it:

The Families are a NWO doomsday secret society triad of three blood lines. Bill "Ink" Roberts is Family and he was the architect of said NWO doomsday. His research got out of hand and it got him cut off and kicked out, but not before he had already gone to far down that road. SHTF before The Families could call Angel back in from the cold. Thus, The Families were behind it but they didn't get the doomsday they were planing on and investing in.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    That was only a 15 foot rental van at that.

Before we go further...

Hello NSA! Having a nice evening? Coffee nice and hot? Good. Just want to remind you that this is only speculation in a fictional context based on a biological apocalypse. Just want to be clear on that. Didn't want you wasting time on fiction when the real bad guys are still out there. Have a good night!

OK, that's cleared up.

Yea, that is why i did not want to go any further explaining in my post than i did.

A visit from the FBI because i was talking about how a pod-cast could possibly end would suck, but would also just be my luck.

The mythbusters cement truck explosion was one of the coolest they have done, just too bad they did not get it on high speed video. I would have loved to seen that.
    Likes Red Shirt, scbubba, Gooer, Eviebae liked this post

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast