User Tag List

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Does anyone else wish that Datu would say "youfully" instead of "hopefuly"?

So will Scratch be on the other end of the sat phone call?
    Great episode!

"Scavenger"

Status
    And now I've read the rest of the thread. I might back whoever says Kimmets days in leadership are close to ending, Michael's digging himself a pretty deep hole of insubordination too. He's either going to get a promotion or a demotion at the end of all this, if they live through it.

Yes, Tanya turning would be goddamned perfect.

Actually, its hard to say who's on the other end of the Sat Phone. Its only been two days since the shenanigans at The Colony. Did Saul et al. bring the broken phone with them? Even if they did, The Resourceful Radioman is the only one qualified to fix it, and I'm sure he was listening in to the radio traffic of the battle going on. That would be two days for Scratch to torture the info out of people, assemble a group to scour LA for Pete abd Glenn who, I'm certain, would probably not stick around if they knew what was coming, pick them up, fix the SatPhone, etc. But, that's a short time frame for Saul and company too. Hmm.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    So Datu is working on Pelican. I guess Hope going to help Tanya then. They need all avail medical staff, who better to help Tanya. Finally Hope will "see" Tanya. ;-) And Tanya can "correct" Hope attitude.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    As a reality tv show on the Post Apocalyptic DIY Home network? Hrm... I'd spend a few sickles on a subscription to that.
    Bob Vila eat your heart out!

Or else someone else will, for christ's sake there's ZOMBIES afoot, RUN BOB VILA RUN!!!!
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    I gotta start off with the best laugh line of the episode:
    Riley: "They know what they're doing."
    Datu: "I have no idea what I'm doing!"
    Kc definitely know how to write a Gilligan cut.
    Yeah... that one was nearly as good as the epic: "SHOOT THAT BITCH IN THE FACE!" from Season 1.

I also like the call-back to Datu's "Tanks n' shit" from Season 1...

Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    ...we can't expect The Walking Dead to be as good as We're Alive...
    Right. Because it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    #34-3 starts with:
    December 18th!
    Not 17th. Please, keep that in mind ...
    So we are already 2 days ahead of what has happened at The Colony.
    Yeah, thanks. I was wondering how the timeline worked out, but was too lazy to check.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    On the surface it doesn't make much sense for the survivors to be approaching Fort Irwin on Interstate 40. Interstate 15, which leads from Las Vegas, is the shorter route between Boulder and Fort Irwin. However, to get to I-15 the survivors would have to travel across the Rocky Mountains to get to Utah. That route is regularly closed due to heavy snowfall every winter, even with regular snow clearance by people who work in the mountainous areas. Under WA conditions, with no one to plow the roads I can imagine them becoming impassable.

The safer alternate route is to travel south along the eastern face of the Rockys into New Mexico, then catch I-40 in Alburquerque and follow it all the way to the Fort Irwin area. There are a few areas in northern Arizona that could be tricky, but there's much less chance of the route being blocked by snow drifts.

It says a lot that the survivors could make the drive from Boulder to Fort Irwin without the roads being clogged by abandoned cars or hordes of zombies. Makes it seem like the threat from regular Biters is pretty badly diminished.

^This guy ladies and gentlemen. This guy.

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Could it also be "It only takes one" call from LA to push Michael to leadership and caring a whole alot.
    Alright, I'm gonna let the Mr. Whiskers out of the bag....The title means "It only takes one.....twinkie, to stop Ink's onslaught of the human race"
    M. Night Shamamamalamalamalan plot twist is INK IS WOODY HARRELSON, and all he wants is a G.D. TWINKIE!
    Last edited by Hoff4D; Oct 15th, 2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: BAZINGA!
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Penguine View Post
    Another thought on the longer southerly route, it passes through Colorado Springs and Albuquerque which both house major military installations. These would be good stop points for equipment. Also, they wouldn't be dealing with as much snow in the mountains, can you say Donner Party? What is throwing me off is didnt they say the evac point was on I-70?
    I believe that was the "Rendezvous point" where everyone would meet up from Evac and pool resources and convoy to Irwin, since they admittedly couldn't fly back on the fuel they have.
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    ...Finally Hope will "see" Tanya. ;-) And Tanya can "correct" Hope attitude...
    I can't help but think of the scene in Robin Hood: Men in Tights when the blind guy, Blinkin, made the realization that Ahchoo, Dave Chapelle's character, is black.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

The Lit-Treatise for 34-3

Are We Bored Yet?
    Awesome episode!!! This was a fun blend of acting, action, and drama. I wonder if those turds who were complaining about the series being slow are still complaining... This episode featured a nice blend of narration, dialogue, and action... I especially like the way Kc and Grayson are able to weave the narration bits into the story without it seeming like the story has to 'stop' for some exposition before moving forward again with another scene: its fed in just the right amounts so we don't get lost and don't get removed from what is happening, either.

King Datu the Lucky Bastard
    Okay, I don't hate Datu quite as much as I have in the past. He is still a whiny little puss, but he's not as inept as I once considered him. The idea to hook up the battery to the dead radio was resourceful, I'll give him that. But he is still the luckiest bastard in the show:
    • In Boulder, he lucks out in hiding in a house right next to a survivalist who gets chomped
    • Then he gets a lucky swing at a raging Zoldier with a pickaxe
    • Then happens to steal a car that is already stocked with extra gas and supplies
    • And just happens to follow a crazy dude through the boonies of Rt. 6, taking him away from the main (doomed) convoy
    • Only to run out of gas in an area of certain death, but a timely radio call comes in at the exact moment when Michael and the only chopper crew just happen to be passing by on their way back to Irwin...

I guess you can say that he makes his own luck, but damn.... if I had such 'resourcefulness' I'd be buying lottery tickets!

Rebel Mike?
    Shit is going to get heated at central command, especially over this issue of how to use personnel. Interestingly enough, the power dynamic between Kimmet and Michael is similar to that between Shane and Rick in the Walking Dead- one wants to make the 'hard decisions' to save the whole, even if that means sacrificing a few innocents, while the other values each individual enough to give him a fighting chance. This is actually quite a transformation for Michael, for he used to play the role of the short-tempered prick who had no patience for people who always seemed to get in the way of him getting shit accomplished. Nice character development throughout this fine story.

We already saw which philosophy triumphed in the fates of the Two Towers, so it will be interesting to see if a full scale mutiny will occur. My guess is that a small group led by Michael will eventually defect back to LA, perhaps with some 'secret weapon' by Tanya concerning how to counteract the zombie virus once and for all...

Call from... Scratch??!?
    Ok, raise your hand if you were half expecting Scratch's voice on the other end of that Sat-phone at the end of the episode. Something like, "What's the matter, Michael? You don't want to plaaaaay with me anymore??"

I'm Out like Trout
    Last edited by Litmaster; Oct 15th, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Goddam it KC. Why must you make me wait another 2 weeks after an episode like that?!?!?!?
    It will easily be the hardest two weeks of my post-we're alive life! You horrible sadistic man.
    And seriously, apox upon the person who decided to try and go with the convoy after being scratched (I believe that these inklings can only turn people by scratching them, as Tanya pointed out their seemingly useless teeth).

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast