Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    ive made this arguement many other times, and the response is typically the same...but kalani did totally shrug off any type of involvement with pippen....yes, he was preparing for the helicopter...yes, he just got back from the supply run with angel....but more just not watching the guy,..he didnt want talk about the situation at all....im not saying thats a red flag, just that its something to think about

"Lurker"

Status

PSN ID: cleeprevo Steam ID: cleeprevo
    I think season 3 will break off into different stories, like since everyone is separated and many haven't died. I don't think they would only concentrate on Michael only. They might have the different survival stories of Saul and Victor, Burt, and MAYBE Angel, since none of them have been confirmed dead like Kalani. I'm guessing Fort Irwin is completely safe, but I think after a while of everyone being separated Michael will go out to find them. Then everything will change, like getting the Mallers to follow them or something like that.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Steam ID: JusticePain
    What might happen is everyone in the chopper thingy will live and the other back at the town are alive but are turned!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticePain View Post
    What might happen is everyone in the chopper thingy will live and the other back at the town are alive but are turned!
    somehow I doubt a building crushing someone to death/near-death turns them into the infected.

Just a venture is all...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    I'm hoping for two separate story lines. Those in LA, and those who were in the choppa. It gives the ability to get more info from Ft. Irwin, and at the same time continues the struggles that have already been covered (mallers, colony, tower folk...). Maybe the two groups don't even get back together in season 3?

Could also be a Dallas type thing, and maybe we'll find out season 2 was all just a dream induced by all the loss of oxygen from the fire of season 1.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Not to change the topic, but I was thinkin'...

It might have been a good idea for Kahlani to take Pegs to do her helicopter "flight training" over Catalina Island (just 26 miles away). You know, just to check it out. As I recall, in chapter 16 (Over the Air-Waves, chapter 3), Pegs and Michael ran into mermaidish zombies in the water while onboard the yacht. Pegs believed at 8:15 mins in that the zombies were coming from the direction of the island and assumed they evacuated Catalina to swim to the mainland in search of a new brain supply. That would mean that Catalina may be a viable zombieless relocation for the now homeless Tower folk, more so than Ft. Irwin. Plus, most of their other problems (e.g. the mallers and the one with markings and his crew) would be left behind in the chopper dust.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dontkillburt View Post
    Not to change the topic, but I was thinkin'...

It might have been a good idea for Kahlani to take Pegs to do her helicopter "flight training" over Catalina Island (just 26 miles away). You know, just to check it out. As I recall, in chapter 16 (Over the Air-Waves, chapter 3), Pegs and Michael ran into mermaidish zombies in the water while onboard the yacht. Pegs believed at 8:15 mins in that the zombies were coming from the direction of the island and assumed they evacuated Catalina to swim to the mainland in search of a new brain supply. That would mean that Catalina may be a viable zombieless relocation for the now homeless Tower folk, more so than Ft. Irwin. Plus, most of their other problems (e.g. the mallers and the one with markings and his crew) would be left behind in the chopper dust.
    If the zombies can make it from Catalina island to the mainland, they can certainly do the same in reverse. Catalina Island (or any small island with few supplies and resources) is a bad option in my opinion.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    If the zombies can make it from Catalina island to the mainland, they can certainly do the same in reverse. Catalina Island (or any small island with few supplies and resources) is a bad option in my opinion.
    The zombies might be able to return to the island, but why? Pegs' observation that the zombies who had actually made it to shore were mostly "dying" (if that is even possible for a zombie), most likely from starvation and the exhaustion/exposure of a 26 mile swim (which I also didn't know zombies could do). I doubt they would want to chase a handful of dinner all they way back where they came from when there is plenty of food there on the mainland.

And personally, I'd rather take my chances against a few 'really tired' zombies occasionally popping out of the surf on an island beach than struggle against a nation-load of smart ones, big ones, painted ones, jumping ones, whatever...AND the mallers. And, as we have seen so far, concrete forts and steel towers don't appear to hold up very well against these enemies. They may want to look for a new way to deal with their bad neighbor problem. Move away. Far away.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dontkillburt View Post
    The zombies might be able to return to the island, but why? Pegs' observation that the zombies who had actually made it to shore were mostly "dying" (if that is even possible for a zombie), most likely from starvation and the exhaustion/exposure of a 26 mile swim (which I also didn't know zombies could do). I doubt they would want to chase a handful of dinner all they way back where they came from when there is plenty of food there on the mainland.

And personally, I'd rather take my chances against a few 'really tired' zombies occasionally popping out of the surf on an island beach than struggle against a nation-load of smart ones, big ones, painted ones, jumping ones, whatever...AND the mallers. And, as we have seen so far, concrete forts and steel towers don't appear to hold up very well against these enemies. They may want to look for a new way to deal with their bad neighbor problem. Move away. Far away.
    ok, but why were the zombies from Catalina dying? Because there's nothing left on that Island. Whomever and whatever was on the resort island got eaten up to the point that none of the zombies could survive there anymore and came to shore. And you'll note: The dead and dying zombies still made it to shore. With the exception of 1 behemoth, when have we seen a zombie dying like that on the mainland in the series?

If the really tired and sickly zombies can make it to shore, I'd have to imagine a bunch of healthy, balls to the wall L.A. zombies would be able to get to the island with very few troubles. Mallers would be capable of following in boats if they wanted to. And at that point, where do you go? You can't escape anywhere. Islands are bad places to try to survive. Especially one with very few resources available to it. Whatever the survivors didn't use up right away would have been decimated by the zombies left on the island.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    ok, but why were the zombies from Catalina dying? Because there's nothing left on that Island. Whomever and whatever was on the resort island got eaten up to the point that none of the zombies could survive there anymore and came to shore. And you'll note: The dead and dying zombies still made it to shore. With the exception of 1 behemoth, when have we seen a zombie dying like that on the mainland in the series?

If the really tired and sickly zombies can make it to shore, I'd have to imagine a bunch of healthy, balls to the wall L.A. zombies would be able to get to the island with very few troubles. Mallers would be capable of following in boats if they wanted to. And at that point, where do you go? You can't escape anywhere. Islands are bad places to try to survive. Especially one with very few resources available to it. Whatever the survivors didn't use up right away would have been decimated by the zombies left on the island.
    Yes Nik, I agree that the zombies were starving and they were all forced to leave the island. It's a basic migratory instinct that dates back to before the dinosaur (which, btw, would be a far worse adversary than a zombie). All I'm saying is that it would make more sense (albeit not good storyline sense) for our friends to relocate to Catalina where they most likely wouldn't be bothered than to stand in the zombies way (aka Fort Irwin) when they continue their migration east.

And everyone knows that balls-to-the-walls L.A. zombies suffer from ADD, just like their human predecesors. They lose interest very quickly and immediately turn their attention to something else. We here call that the "leave-the-Dodger-game-before-the-seventh-inning" syndrome. And it was epidemic this season.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast