I have a theory on how the tattoo'd colored zombie got into the Tower and killed Paul.

Basically, I'm saying its Samantha who is also behind this.

So it starts with Datu being captured and thrown into the room with Samantha and Kalani. They start talking, and Samantha finds out Datu is from a tower, and how he is recording everything in his journal. Then she starts working Datu, and gets a hold of his journal, reading ALL of the notes on the Tower like the security and where its located and how many people. She is then chosen to be eaten next, even though there is a fat juicy Kalani in the corner, the zombies go for Samantha.

As she gets dragged out, yelling at Datu to NOT look at the window she is then brought to the Tattoo'd zombie. Datu passes out so he might of not seen anything. Samantha was screaming "Please Don't" and such, even though earlier she was all out ready to die and already accepted it. So that could all have been fake and then Samantha communicated with the talking zombie telling it all the information she got out of Datu about the Tower. So then this is how the zombie reached the Tower before Michael and the gang.

Another thing is, Samantha was just in one episode, funny how her daughter randomly appears in the story, there must be some connection, Samantha is still alive and will make another appearance.

That is my theory on Samantha.