User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Sid,

Note I said "Weapons" not guns. See, my nome de guerre for example. hahah.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    - The Colony hasn't been up and running long enough to produce crops (i think it takes about 120 days for a Potato to sprout), plus Marcus said as much.
    - The Colony doesn't have so much strife that Marcus needs spies to keep an handle on people. You'd think he'd have people watching each other, but he doesn't. He was clueless that Hope was still there. SOO, people know how to keep their mouths shut or they're simply out of the loop about that "rule."
    I think we've established we are still in the Summer of '09 in the story. The end of Season 1 is the Fourth of July and Michael is still commenting about how warm it is outside before they reach the colony. The whole thing started May 9th. If you grant to the end of Summer (late August and into September) and you also take Marcus at his word about how they were defending and building at the same time, it makes sense they haven't got any crops quite yet.

The tricky thing about Marcus is how over confident he is in his position. Arrogance breeds two things: Laziness and Contempt. He's so arrogant and confident in his authority, he doesn't think anyone can over throw him. And as we saw with Victor and a little bit with Amy the seeds of discontent are sewn.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Sid,

Note I said "Weapons" not guns. See, my nome de guerre for example. hahah.
    Counter note my exclusive use of weapons as well. Oh, and shovels can be used as weapons. I'm pretty sure there's quite a few of those around.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'm a big fan of shovels as a melee weapon. A twisted minded person would sharpen the blade so it becomes a really wicked ranged edged weapon.
    Sid, did you know you can go over to Amazon and build a Zombie survival list? Supplies, weapons, equipment, clothes... with comments. Kinda fun when you have the time.
    Anyway, the colony is basically an enclave in enemy occupied land. Everyone should be carrying something for protection. The fact that they aren't points to Marcus losing sight of real problem.
    Yes, we humans are basically lazy and selfish. Given the choice a majority of the people would choose not to work... BUT, if you cultivate a culture of hard work and communal integrity, you'll get people to put in the time. The whole Serf thing is too heavy handed.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    But remember we've seen evolution in our infected (if that's truly what they are). The first time we saw them they were slow ambling things. Now we've got multiple mutations that we've encountered. Kalani also said the hawaiian ones were more aggressive which could be a mutation in the strain.

so people in location one started as ambelers, infected others with their strain which mutated perpetually. Each new infection mutates, creating the specialized jumpers, runners, behemoths we have now.

Ultimately, I'm just trying to figure out how it could go global all at once without it being a coordinated attack
    MUTATION!!! the virus evolves, zombies mutate
    Angel's #1 Fan

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    I'm a big fan of shovels as a melee weapon. A twisted minded person would sharpen the blade so it becomes a really wicked ranged edged weapon.
    Sid, did you know you can go over to Amazon and build a Zombie survival list? Supplies, weapons, equipment, clothes... with comments. Kinda fun when you have the time.
    Anyway, the colony is basically an enclave in enemy occupied land. Everyone should be carrying something for protection. The fact that they aren't points to Marcus losing sight of real problem.
    Yes, we humans are basically lazy and selfish. Given the choice a majority of the people would choose not to work... BUT, if you cultivate a culture of hard work and communal integrity, you'll get people to put in the time. The whole Serf thing is too heavy handed.
    But, not everyone is putting in their fair share. Why in the hell would they need supervisors? Its not a truly professional environment, and the Guardians seem like the only ones who should be able to stand around seeing as they protect the damn place. It really sounds more like a prison rather than an Enclave.

On another note, why do the supervisors need a taser? To put the people back to work? Why do they need to be put back to work? Drop your goddamn taser and put your share of the load on your own back. The Colony really seems like a counter-intuitive situation, treat them like prisoners, A.K.A. Shit, and they'll become pissed off like prisoners which all ends in revolt.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Sid,
    one minor point: an enclave is a territory whose geographical boundaries lie entirely within the boundaries of another territory....
    Zombie Land.
    The other thing is not all of them are treated like prisoners. I'm willing to bet that if everyone was all gung ho, there wouldn't be any issues. Human nature is to rebel though.
    The thing is that the rules are too strict.. rigid may be a better word... or better yet, interpreted wrong.
    I keep seeing Kelly being elevated to something like the Colony judge.
    The other thing.. 12 hour shift isn't really all that bad considering the time and place. In perspective; farmers put in more hours. Hell, I even learned from my time with the 18th Airborne in haiti that the Army doesn't even have a clue what sleep is. LOL
    The simplest solution is that if someone doesn't pull their fair share, they don't eat. Me, i'd make them scavengers. Survival of the fittest. If they survive, they're helping by bringing stuff and intel back. If they die.. well, good riddance.
    The only thing is that Marcus doesn't want anyone to find out about the place.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to try and keep things I've... er, "Noticed" confined to this thread. redundant threads are popping up left and right. Anyway, here goes...
    Remember the bandages on the doc's arm? She said that you'd see a lot of people with "Injuries." The odd thing is that she said she burned her arm in surgery. HUH? Who uses flames to operate?
    They have electricity.
    So, here goes:
    The injuries are from some form of punishment. That's more theory than observation though.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be surprised if injuries are used as punishment. Just look at the "taser-incident".

However, fire actually is very useful during certain treatments. For example, if someone is bleeding badly, you can melt a sugar coating on it to stop the wound from bleeding further. Also, the sugar has an antibacterial effect. In a primitive hospital like they have at the Colony (or the rest of the world in We're Alive, for that matter), I could imagine such treatments being used.
    There are many more treatments requiring fire or extreme heat that you wouldn't think of first, but are actually very practical if you give it some thought.

So basically, while I think your theory is pretty likely to be true, there is a chance she was telling the truth.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if injuries are used as punishment. Just look at the "taser-incident".

However, fire actually is very useful during certain treatments. For example, if someone is bleeding badly, you can melt a sugar coating on it to stop the wound from bleeding further. Also, the sugar has an antibacterial effect. In a primitive hospital like they have at the Colony (or the rest of the world in We're Alive, for that matter), I could imagine such treatments being used.
    There are many more treatments requiring fire or extreme heat that you wouldn't think of first, but are actually very practical if you give it some thought.

So basically, while I think your theory is pretty likely to be true, there is a chance she was telling the truth.
    Hell, if nothing else just remember cauterizing Saul's gunshot wound. If someone wasn't holding down the patient well enough for Tanya, you could pick up a nasty burn super quick.

Besides, maiming wouldn't help their purpose of pulling your own weight. I feel like the punishments are enough to get your attention (see: Taser), or you are just killed (broken nose=broken neck). If you hurt someone enough, they wouldn't be able to to enough and therefore, must be killed. So, cut out the middle part and just kill 'em.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast