User Tag List

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

you know, you gotta wonder what's the rest of the world look like?

Ink is unique to LA, and there MAY be more like him, but i have to believe there's safe pockets all around the globe... i can't wait to write some FanFictions about all this! haha

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Well, Tardust's mentioning of Scratch did not help anyone. And the big mistake everyone is doing, is taking Tardust's words as spoken: They assume that Scratch might follow the groups, but they don't seem to consider that Scratch might as well nter the Colony to get hold of the few people remaining there.

Do you remember Michael saying that there are no controls at the Colony entrance anymore? Hell, what an invitation for Scratch.
    Why would Scratch follow the one or the other Colonists' treck to any place? She has one specific target: Pegs. And she knows that the most important thing she needs is information. If I were in her shoes, I would not follow some random group of Colonists, but I would simply stay put at the Colony, wait for the right moment to catch someone, and then I would strike. The poor guy or gal I caught would be the tragic victim tortured like there was no tomorrow, because I would want to know where Pegs is. And this poor fellow would tell me everything I need to move on - and if not, well, *bam* next one!

So, what I am telling here is that Scratch is not chasing some random group in order to find Pegs; this would be way too desperate for Scratch.

But to brake a lance for Tardust: He told Burt and Riley what he knows - that Scratch is after the Colonists; and I think he does not know the exact plans Scratch would like to perform, because after all: Scratch does not tell anyone what she is up to; she is used to having people follow her. So Tardust is a very unreliable source for any information about Scratch. The big mistakes happening here are how the Colonists understand what he says.

Tinfoils up: Scratch wants Tardust to get caught; and she wants him to tell the Colonists that she follows some random group of Colonists. This he has done. And he was successfull in giving the Colonists no hunch about where exactly Scratch is. Now she can act with the Colonists' defences down.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Does it really have to be as complicated as this? Let's do a much simpler approach: Why is Scratch not already inside the colony? From what we know- all protocols are inactive. If she likes, she, Hammer and String can attack from three disjunct positions. Shock and awe. Kill or at least wound a bunch of people and gain the initiative. Take at least Puck and Pete as hostages, whatever.

Using Tardust as bait is charming, however, Scratch could not take into account that Michael, Burt, Riley or whoever would find him would not be slightly too trigger-happy.
    Likes Storm liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by thisonegirl View Post
    Can we just, like pretend that it will not happen until it happens, please?!

He's my favorite character. My favorite characters always seem to die, so yes, he might probably die. But, still, I mean, seven years later and there's still no government and therefore (maybe?) no army, so of course he WAS a good soldier when it started, but now he's just a good father?

Please?!
    Dear thisonegirl, I would like to support you on this. Would the creator of We're Alive, Mr Wayland, have used him as an multiple bullet catcher in the past, if Saul was not to survive all these shenanigans? Saul will survive.
    Last edited by YetAnotherBloodyCheek; Apr 29th, 2014 at 10:45 AM.
    Likes Gooer, thisonegirl liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    someone needs to create a Love Interest Flow Chart for We're Alive!
    Likes thisonegirl, Red Shirt, Kc, Footbutt liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Apologies for any redundancy as I'm just catching up with all of the forum activity here and I did try to read all 18 pages of comments before posting.

One thing that always irks me a little bit is our tendency to believe something just because the characters believe it. I do agree that the scene at the colony sounded like a laundry list of theories being debunked HOWEVER the characters have no more knowledge of what's going on than we do. I'd dare to say they have less knowledge of what's going on than we do in some cases. Keep those handy, people. This ride isn't over yet!

On the topic of zombie reproduction, I know we've talked about this before *cough-cough* and I find it really interesting to see how Kc is developing this part of the story line. I am curious to people's opinions on what would happen if the mothers found at the arena were human and the drugs were being injected into the fetus to turn the fetus into a zombie. Does this sound probable? Is it possible? Could a human mother support a zombie baby without being turned? Is the flow of nutrients, cells, etc. always mother --> fetus or can it go both ways?

One thing that makes me doubt the ability of a human mother to carry a zombie baby is the rejection factor. Women will miscarry if the fetus is not compatible - for example: if a mother has Rh negative blood they may miscarry if the fetus has Rh positive blood. Basically your body acts as if you have an allergy and tries to rid you of the foreign substance. Unless Ink was suppressing the mother's rejection of a foreign fetus with something like Rh immunoglobulin (which is required for mothers who are Rh negative), it's unlikely the zombie mommies were human.

I can't recall who mentioned it (sorry!) but if the inkling mothers were zombies, it could explain the lack of female zombies we've seen. I like that theory! Maybe there's a big breeding ground for inklings somewhere. While this method does have the problem of the mother dying in childbirth, perhaps it is rectified with the second generation of pure zombies. Perhaps they can reproduce without the nasty side effects of death.
    Last edited by Jannit; Apr 29th, 2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Removed some irrelevant stuff.
    Likes thisonegirl liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I've noticed that too. Unless there is a curse that only females survive an encounter with him, I couldn't make much sense out of it. What do you think of it?
    There was the whole there were Skittles wouldn't respond to anyone but Riley....... maybe Skittles is a curse for the guys.....

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Oops! I 'accidentally' deleted a photo.
    Highly unlikey but I'm going to hold judgement on whether or not Tanya purposely 'accidentally' deleted a photo from Michael's camera. My reasoning for suspecting this is, well KC has made me paranoid but hear me out. They asked if she could read the signs, her or Saul, and I am curious on this as well. Michael then brought up "I want to make sure you didn't delete one" after plugging it into his laptop and speeding through the photos, clearly he has his worries. Lastly, she's kept secrets from the group before. No one knew she was bit for the longest time, then she had Vic keep the Ink-lewood trip a secret as long as they good as well. Do not put self preservation past big mama.
    OK, I simply thought that the 'oops' moment was a written into the story to give Michal a reason to get his laptop so they can look at large pictures on a bigger screen so Peg's can see the zombies and CJ can recognize Skittles. Interesting point that you brought up about Micheal flipping through the pictures fast to prevent anything 'weird' happening to Tanya.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    OK, I simply thought that the 'oops' moment was a written into the story to give Michal a reason to get his laptop so they can look at large pictures on a bigger screen so Peg's can see the zombies and CJ can recognize Skittles. Interesting point that you brought up about Micheal flipping through the pictures fast to prevent anything 'weird' happening to Tanya.
    Didn't Michael say Tanya had seen the pictures already, though? I may be forgetting but this did seem like an innocent exchange to me.
    Likes Footbutt, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    Didn't Michael say Tanya had seen the pictures already, though? I may be forgetting but this did seem like an innocent exchange to me.
    It was implied. Michael told Victor that Tanya and looked over everything multiple times. It was implied that the pics where in there. She said in front of Michael this episode she had and Michael didn't correct her.
    Last edited by Verse; Apr 29th, 2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: said did instead of didn't
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    OK, I simply thought that the 'oops' moment was a written into the story to give Michal a reason to get his laptop so they can look at large pictures on a bigger screen so Peg's can see the zombies and CJ can recognize Skittles.
    Yeah I took it as a device to get them looking at larger pictures all together. I think if she wanted to purposely delete a photo she wouldn't have said anything. I don't think saying oops and playing dumb is her style.
    Likes Jannit, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast