Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Predictions:

Burt dies 45-3
    Riley dies 45-3
    Burt Narrated in this chapter.. I do not see him dying in it.. Would not go along with what I have been noticing this in the story.. Those who no longer narrate are most likely to die. I think the the ones that narrate are alive at the end.. I guess I will have to wait till the end to see if I am correct.
    Likes Jannit, Cabbage Patch liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

i REALLY liked how KC didn't go over the initial reactions from Burt & Riley. i liked how there's the "let me back up" rehashing of the moments after the deaths of two big characters.

with Burt/Riley speaking in past-tense about Lizzy's death helps all of us put some perspective on the flow of the last few chapters.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gossett View Post
    Riley liking Lizzy and not Angel only brings up more unanswered questions. Before season three started, the forums talked about this a lot. At the beginning of season three Kelly joked about losing Angel and Lizzy, which one was her friend and which one she liked. I thought KC was only poking fun at everyone. The reason I bring this up, is back around chapter 8, when they started on the mission to track the zombies, Riley said she knew the real reason she went to the mission, but it was never stated. I thought, she liked Angel. I was sure about it from her reaction to Angels death back at the colony. So what was the real reason Riley went on the dangerous mission tracking zombies? The placement of the statement seemed to have meaning.
    True, I never really understood what she meant by that......
    Likes Mama_Chita liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    I have listened to the "easter egg" episode: honestly I cannot say which one works best. Maybe the only thing is that the easter egg's episode interrupts B&R's flow; the music right before they go to Tardust works as well right when Michael says "This is far from over". Either way it ends with M&V in the same spot.
    What was the reason for choosing the one which was published?
    Likes Mama_Chita liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Should it not be Oscar Mike Foxtrot Golf so it can be abbreviated correctly?
    You are right. I was wrong. I corrected it. This one was much closer to your skills.
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    Burt Narrated in this chapter.. I do not see him dying in it.. Would not go along with what I have been noticing this in the story.. Those who no longer narrate are most likely to die. I think the the ones that narrate are alive at the end.. I guess I will have to wait till the end to see if I am correct.

Logic would dictate at this point the show has become predictable. It's at this point a writer would make a turn. Turn everything you know up to this point on its head--within the confines of the genre. It's time to do the opposite of what we're expecting over the course of the next 220 minutes (give or take). It seems like a lot of time to tell a story--and it is, and isn't all at once--but he's got a lot of loose ends to tie up. A lot of relationships to resolve. He has already killed off a major player (and fan favourite. Thanks for all the years of great performance, Blaire. You did a really fantastic job.), so there's blood in the water already. Think of all the lives left to deal with:

Michael.
    CJ.
    Pegs.
    Scratch.
    Burt.
    Riley.
    Victor.
    Kelly.
    Saul.
    Tanya.
    Hope.

Hell... even Skittles is due to make an appearance.

That's a lot of ground to cover in three chapters, without glossing over big emotional beats, story revelations, and action. Granted, Kc has been able to work in tremendous amounts of exposition in action sequences, so in that respect he has literal years to conclude the story. There comes a point in time in every story when we reach present action, the inevitable moment when the past catches up with us and we're no longer seeing the story through the eyes of the journal entries, and instead we are living it in real time alongside the characters. We could see that moment come before the final chapter (a device that would further the doubt of listeners as to who will actually be the last man standing as it opens up the possibility for a very bleak, dark ending in which nobody survives but Ink).

The long and short of this is: We're essentially at the third act climax in the grand scheme of the story, and as such Kc is more likely to break with the formula than he is to stay locked into it.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Ok, so today is a bit different, and I'm giving you all an Alternate version of 45-1.
    Why?
    Because this one had us stumped right up to the very end. The order the chapter was written, and the way it came across in the editing process were two different products.

So, some last minute tweaking, changed music cues, and moved where certain things are in the episode. It's practically the same episode, except the order of scenes is a little different.

Check it out, and post your thoughts.

Password to DL is "forum"
    http://tbf.me/a/FoCMT
    Kc, can't seem to download this via link provided.

Keeps just saying error! ?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gossett View Post
    Riley liking Lizzy and not Angel only brings up more unanswered questions. Before season three started, the forums talked about this a lot. At the beginning of season three Kelly joked about losing Angel and Lizzy, which one was her friend and which one she liked. I thought KC was only poking fun at everyone. The reason I bring this up, is back around chapter 8, when they started on the mission to track the zombies, Riley said she knew the real reason she went to the mission, but it was never stated. I thought, she liked Angel. I was sure about it from her reaction to Angels death back at the colony. So what was the real reason Riley went on the dangerous mission tracking zombies? The placement of the statement seemed to have meaning.
    I'll comment on this only briefly to summarize this last chapter. For a long time I didn't want to explicitly comment on Riley's sexuality. My opinion is best summated with her "Why does it matter?"- But at the same time I felt I needed to clear the air. The first chapter in the series best describes her sexuality when she says to Michael, "You're not my type". Angel she wasn't interested in romantically, but he was a very close friend. The only two people she really identified with in the tower were Angel and Lizzy-

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyButters View Post
    Kc, can't seem to download this via link provided.

Keeps just saying error! ?
    I just checked and it says it's good. Perhaps blocked at where you are (work?)
    Likes Z Sniper, Red Shirt, Storm, EpiEpee liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I'll comment on this only briefly to summarize this last chapter. For a long time I didn't want to explicitly comment on Riley's sexuality. My opinion is best summated with her "Why does it matter?"- But at the same time I felt I needed to clear the air. The first chapter in the series best describes her sexuality when she says to Michael, "You're not my type". Angel she wasn't interested in romantically, but he was a very close friend. The only two people she really identified with in the tower were Angel and Lizzy-
    This. So. Much.

This isn't a dramatic retelling of a high school girl's coming of age and self-discovery.
    Likes Litmaster, Red Shirt liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    There's one thing about this episode that I'm a little confused about...

It seems to me that no one knows about Datu and Lizzy being dead other than the group that was with them when it happened. Initially I thought Burt and Riley's conversation was a reaction to Riley's upset over Lizzy's death but the second time I read it, it doesn't seem like she knew. There's the one line in particular that kind of twigged this in my head. Riley says something along the lines of "It's not like they've ever needed us before." when they were talking about the radios. It seems like this episode is happening the morning following the events with the Pelican and Lizzy's death.

Does anyone else think this too or am I just off in left field?

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast