Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    And look at that...red wins the internet again.

that also reminds me. Everyone keeps calling it the eye of horus, when in fact its reversed. Making it the eye of thoth. I think I said that in this thread but it slipped down the cracks
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Feb 7th, 2014 at 10:15 PM.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alexcadtek View Post
    I see your point, but I just think that there is to much orchestrated for him, how was he so quick to be able to figure out that he can manipulate zombies when he himself was one. Also he had all these tattoo's that clearly mean something, I really see your point, it is more realistic. I like that you made me see this in another way but I just feel that he did have something to do with it. But then again you are correct about the other hotspots, how do we know that there are not many others like INK in other states. But I do want to ask you. why is it that in the city where there are so many people ( LA ) he is the only person that was that smart, seems hard to belive that out of all los Angeles there where no more smart people like him that turned. Why has the group not ran in to more like him, you would think there would be at least a few more z's like that. What do you think?
    Thanks!
    Hey!

Those are very, very good questions. Here are my takes on them:

As for how Ink realizes his Alpha Status: We know that zombs do not attack each other in general. According to Skittles there are exceptions which include special zombs, but this does not change the general rule. Especially because we know it: most of the times zombs hunt in packs or appear in huge numbers attacking survivors; and except for #7 attacking a regular at ground zero we don't have a single eye report speaking of zombs attacking zombs. When Ink became one of them and got out of the van, the zombs did not attack him either. And they also seemed to acknowledge his alpha-status. So I would say that that might be the earliest moment at which he has realized his power ober other zeehs, if it has not been the moment when them regulars stopped damahing the van he was in.

As for other intelligent zombs: cunning we had right from the beginning even with regulars. Was it in the garage of the Tower, when one zomb played hide and seek with Angel and Saul in order to avoid being shot? Or was this on their first scavenge run? Then Burt has mentioned the Smart Ones and has told Saul and Angel what makes them more dangerous. This gets validatet or verified by Skittles, who has spoken about them being around book stores, who have been the nearly worst nightmares. Then we have Randy, whi seems to be a very smart one as well. Ink is outstanding. Already in life he was outstanding as a scientist; and his exceptional brainsszzZZ still makes the difference.

As for why the survivors have not met more smart zombs: This is actually the same number-issue as with normal zeehs: at the time of the zombocalypse
    LA had roughly 3 to 3.5 million inhabitants and employees in town. But there were no more then a couple of thousands of zombs right from the beginning, because mostly them zeehs did kill their victims, and only few made it to become zeehs. Also it is safe to assume that police and military services might have killed at least some of them zeehs in the beginning. Just remember how deserted the streets were already when Michael, Angel, and Saul left the base in order to get to the Tower. That was like hours after zombocalypse struck; and in a place with hundreds of thousands up to millions of potential zeehs this should be striking. And the deserted streets and random encounters with zeehs was and is pretty much the rule in the WA Story; this would only change, when the survivors have come very close to certain spots - the Arena and the Hospital, that's it. Considering these rough estimates I tend to assume that the fraction of smart ones within the number of all zombs might be similar low as with the number of really smart people in the average human society.

So still: these are simplifying assessments mostly based in what we actually know from the show. That's why I still lean towards Ink and his zombs adapting towards a major change in the ecology rather than having started it all. I may be wrong, though.

And all this with the tiny iPhone display ...

Best wishes!
    Liam

edit:
    P.S.: I remember Kc having mentioned something along this line on the WA Fancast - it all started at Ground Zero, and because none survived at what happened there it will remain a mystery how exactly it all started. I think this leaves some room for speculations whether Ink has started the Ground Zero situation, or someone/-thing else. Against Ink is to be mentioned: at the time Ground Zero happened Ink was in custody already for some time - at least enough time for having received the tatoos in jail; so whatever happened there at Ground Zero, Ink must have had some people assisting him doing so. So - is he kind of a a leader terrorist, a cultist, or a solitary madman?
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Feb 8th, 2014 at 01:52 AM.
    Likes alexcadtek, scbubba, Storm liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    P.S.: I remember Kc having mentioned something along this line on the WA Fancast - it all started at Ground Zero, and because none survived at what happened there it will remain a mystery how exactly it all started. I think this leaves some room for speculations whether Ink has started the Ground Zero situation, or someone/-thing else. Against Ink is to be mentioned: at the time Ground Zero happened Ink was in custody already for some time - at least enough time for having received the tatoos in jail; so whatever happened there at Ground Zero, Ink must have had some people assisting him doing so. So - is he kind of a a leader terrorist, a cultist, or a solitary madman?
    Nowadays, if We're alive were a Hollywood product, the ideal solution would be to solve this myth in a prequel series (of movies). By the way, why would somebody zombify the whole world when there is not admiration, recognition, fear to receive from rapidly diminishing mankind? But well, on the other hand, creating chaos can be a motivation...

Likes scbubba, LiamKerrington liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    And look at that...red wins the internet again.

that also reminds me. Everyone keeps calling it the eye of horus, when in fact its reversed. Making it the eye of thoth. I think I said that in this thread but it slipped down the cracks
    When i type in either Eye of Thoth or Eye of Horus, they both come up with the same image of the Wedjat.

Unrelated, i found a fairly interesting image that shows that each piece of the Wedjat relates to the senses of the human body....

3726Eye-Horus-1510652.jpg
    Likes Jannit liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Well shit now I'm confused....

maybe this'll help. I need sleep, but I skimmed it. No NSA material here.

http://www.eyeofthemagi.com/read_more.html
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

All these symbols. Where's Professor Robert Langdon when we need him?
    Likes Storm, Grognaurd liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Ugh, the problem is that relatively simple designs can be used by many different cultures to mean different things. Take 14 for example. The birds foot. Could be a song birds foot. Three toes in front and one behind. This facilitates their ability to perch on a branch and sing. So, a peaceful songbird. Raptors (hawk, owl, eagle,eyc) have talons and are built to grab prey. So, they look different. But, maybe it is not a pretty songbird singing about love. Maybe it is a carrion crow...

But, forget birds, maybe it is a rune, simple straight lines, easy to cut. Oh, wait, it is also an alchemical symbol for brimstone. Violence and war and hell. To further exploit that, some groups also consider it a broken cross and emphasize the satanic. Oh, but wait, in the 60s people drew a circle around it and called it a peace symbol.

So, what the heck does it mean to ink?

Now we get to some of the more complicated ones. That three ring chemical is not in the testosterone family. Testosterone has five rings. Unless it is supposed to be??? Are the symbols correct? There has been some liberty taken with previous artwork. The tricyclics are a class of drugs that can be old school anti-depresents and anti-psychotics. Also, anti-histamine. The photo is not awesome, so it is hard to go after the excruciating detail. Worse, we also have to get into the "handedness" of the molecule. Like scissors. A right hand drug might do great things and the left handed version sucks...
    Likes scbubba, Storm, Red Shirt, EpiEpee, FunkyDung liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Ugh, the problem is that relatively simple designs can be used by many different cultures to mean different things.
    This is true. That is why I suggest looking for intersections of meanings. IOW, look for symbols that appear together in a common context and find the meaning for each that's appropriate for that context. For instance, Symbol X might mean "protection" in one context, but "war" in another, while Symbol Y could mean "strength" in one and "subjugation" in another, but when they appear together they unambiguously take on the darker meanings.
    Likes Grognaurd liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    You know why I'm enjoying looking into the symbols so much? Besides the fun of a puzzle. I feel like there's going to be something there when I figure it out. Lost had some excellent puzzle pieces; the puzzle ended up going to TV-land BS. So many of the images are Voodoo related and Voodoo is where the first idea of a zombie came from; I'm expecting it to make sense. It could be a red herring. Ink could have been making himself look crazy for the court. The tattooist could have decided on some or all of the images. It could be that it was something in the ink they used that was important. Whatever, I don't feel like I'm wasting my time story-wise looking into it.
    Likes Jannit, scbubba, Storm, Red Shirt, Grognaurd and 1 others liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Having fun is the key to the puzzle. I just do not know how literal they are and it is a big jump from having difficulty with a four digit code on a key pad to deciphering obscure symbols and complex organics. Did Ink really have enough of his shit together to create Arrow Head from Austin McKibbon and all the complex locks of the jail and then run into difficulty with the four digit code at the Tower?

Another bit of frustration is that are we actually given first and last name of the prisoners held in solitaire with the exception of one -- Cohen. I have to relisten to this. Who the hell is trying to protect Cohen by omitting his proper name from the journal entry that we are now hearing...

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast