User Tag List

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    Oh no!!!

It just hit me....... basically........... unless they give him a gun and have someone less effective push him around shooting from his bed......... Puck is basically out of the story.
    I said this in the thread from last episode........

But seriously, Puck was basically taken out by the Big Hairy Behemoth.....

Now the question seems to be Why did Ink just walk over to him and smile, and then leave without killing him right there?

I see a few possible reasons..... and I am sure there are many many more.....

1) Ink left Puck because effectively he was no longer a threat?
    2) Ink left Puck so that he could tell his story thus spreading fear/panic? (sometimes knowing details is scarier than not knowing)
    3) Ink left Puck because he enjoys leaving people in misery..... (Remember he left CJ after Dunbar fell and she has lost friends, etc.....)
    4) Maybe Ink needs the Colonists to do something, and left Puck alive to tell the story, thus motivating them into action???

I'm sure there are many more possible reasons for why Ink does what he does......
    Likes ZombieWildfire, Verse, LiamKerrington liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Yeti View Post
    I know this is a stupid question but what's a control he said he left one guy as a control. I assume he was normal
    A control is like your base.

So you would have 1 person who you would just leave normal.....

Then on the others you experiment.... give one Drug A + Drug B, give another Drug A + Drug C, etc... etc....

It is a way to measure what exactly is making the changes/ and what the changes are.....

Here is an example.....

An example of an experimental control might be testing plant fertilizer by giving it to only half the plants in a garden: the plants that receive no fertilizer are the control group, because they establish the baseline level of growth that the fertilizer-treated plants will be compared against. Without a control group, the experiment cannot determine whether the fertilizer-treated plants grow more than they would have if untreated.
    Last edited by Gnex; Feb 4th, 2014 at 08:25 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Haven't posted on the forums in a very long time but I had to login just to say:

Wow! Excellent episode this week, KC + company. I continue to be impressed by the quality of the podcast and absolutely love the story. It's going to be a long wait until the end of the month...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    I know this is a stupid question but what's a control he said he left one guy as a control. I assume he was normal
    A control is someone not exposed to the drug. The intent is to ensure those changes are actually a result of the drug and not something else.

... oops. I need to refresh pages before posting. Sorry!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    A control is like your base.

So you would have 1 person who you would just leave normal.....

Then on the others you experiment.... give one Drug A + Drug B, give another Drug A + Drug C, etc... etc....

It is a way to measure what exactly is making the changes/ and what the changes are.....

Here is an example.....

An example of an experimental control might be testing plant fertilizer by giving it to only half the plants in a garden: the plants that receive no fertilizer are the control group, because they establish the baseline level of growth that the fertilizer-treated plants will be compared against. Without a control group, the experiment cannot determine whether the fertilizer-treated plants grow more than they would have if untreated.
    Interesting idea here though.......

A control is generally left alone. As in the example Above..... half the plants are left alone, and half given fertilizer to see how much the fertilizer effects the growth...... compared to how much they would grow without it.......

Why would Ink need a control for what he is doing??? If he basically left an Inmate in a cell and did nothing to him......... wouldn't he just starve and die??? Or has Ink just told us that there is something else going on?? Everyone is already Infected??

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Interesting idea here though.......

A control is generally left alone. As in the example Above..... half the plants are left alone, and half given fertilizer to see how much the fertilizer effects the growth...... compared to how much they would grow without it.......

Why would Ink need a control for what he is doing??? If he basically left an Inmate in a cell and did nothing to him......... wouldn't he just starve and die??? Or has Ink just told us that there is something else going on?? Everyone is already Infected??
    Well ... Assuming Randy is not a rogue zombie, but kind of a general under Ink's control, what else could it mean that Randy was out and about with two bottles of Follistaine? Was it Follistaine only, or was it a mixture of follistain and the zombie-agent? And how un-/likely would it be that Ink already poisons the water-resources with this mixture. The dosages consumed by the Colonists would be very small - but over time they would build up like crazy. You know, just like with leaded waterlines ...

That would be bad. And it would mean: everyone would be infected ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes ZombieWildfire liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I think he's all about the game think about the arena puck beat the game so he let him live.
    This is one of the simplest, yet most clever theories i've heard.
    Likes ZombieWildfire, Sin Angel liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

My guess is he needed a control b/c he was in untested waters. I do not think base line humans could survive what he was doing. We know that there is a change in the body from being a Zed. Even without any work you get tougher. We know the changed ones in Baulder were meaner and tougher than regular Zeds. At the very least regular Zeds get much tougher than us humans.

My guess is this. Hear me out as this is a bit large. Putting together a few ideas into one.

The Cells with the Symbols were different types of Special Ones he collected. Jumpers. Fasties. Ect. Skittles even said they were not seen anymore. They had to go somewhere. If you faster and better... odds are you live longer. They are types of Alpha Zombies.

His control can be used to see what if different from the base... to regular Zeds... to Special Zeds. Kinda like how Tanya is doing, but a bigger scale besides just blood levels. We know that the Little Ones are kinda everything. Bigger, Tougher, Faster, and heals faster. He used a control to see what was different from regular Zeds and special ones, and from base humans and Zeds. That way he can figure out what works.

Odds are his tests went very very fast. If you can get changes from a bite in hours... it means your body is able to evolve (not the right word, but best I got) faster. Tanya said they were already changing with no going back in under an hour. Want would take a normal person years to do with chemicals you can get done in days/weeks.

With a human, or Zed, control he could get a whole lot of work done really really fast.
    Likes scbubba, LiamKerrington liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsWell Liked3 months registered

Gamertag: TheShrunkenOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Verse View Post

The Cells with the Symbols were different types of Special Ones he collected. Jumpers. Fasties. Ect. Skittles even said they were not seen anymore. They had to go somewhere. If you faster and better... odds are you live longer. They are types of Alpha Zombies.
    Going off of this theory. Weren't those the cells that were broken IN TO rather than out of. Like an angry hungry behemoth trying to get in

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Verse View Post
    My guess is he needed a control b/c he was in untested waters. I do not think base line humans could survive what he was doing. We know that there is a change in the body from being a Zed. Even without any work you get tougher. We know the changed ones in Baulder were meaner and tougher than regular Zeds. At the very least regular Zeds get much tougher than us humans.

My guess is this. Hear me out as this is a bit large. Putting together a few ideas into one.

His control can be used to see what if different from the base... to regular Zeds... to Special Zeds. Kinda like how Tanya is doing, but a bigger scale besides just blood levels. We know that the Little Ones are kinda everything. Bigger, Tougher, Faster, and heals faster. He used a control to see what was different from regular Zeds and special ones, and from base humans and Zeds. That way he can figure out what works.

Odds are his tests went very very fast. If you can get changes from a bite in hours... it means your body is able to evolve (not the right word, but best I got) faster. Tanya said they were already changing with no going back in under an hour. Want would take a normal person years to do with chemicals you can get done in days/weeks.

With a human, or Zed, control he could get a whole lot of work done really really fast.
    Just wow ... Dr Watson, you have out-minded Mr Holmes ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast