User Tag List

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    GENDER INEQUALITY POLICE!

...BTW, it just occurred to me that the vast majority of the deaths in this series have all been men. Ok, so we had the death of Cindy in the beginning, but has there been any major female character (*cough-cough-PEGS-cough...) yet to die???
    Moira. You must have missed that one ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I'm going to start by laying out some assumptions:

1. Any assault on the jail will be intended to destroy it and its inhabitants. Not to secure the complex, nor to rescue anyone inside.
    2. This place is designed to keep people in. There are a limited number of access points and the rest of the complex is heavily reinforced.
    3. The defenders seem to be based inside the complex; there was no indication of guards or defenders outside of the building.

With the resources available to the Colony right now what I'd propose is a good-old-fashioned truck bombing. Find a couple of semis. Build big-ass fertilizer bombs in them. Park them along the outside walls of the towers, nowhere near the doors. Detonate by remote control. Then sweep the area using the helicopter packing the minigun to kill whatever crawls out of the rubble.
    What about KODI and a decent amount of C4, if there is any available?
    And how many fertilizer-trucks would be required to deliver enough trouble to this building?
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by REZombie View Post
    Unless(going against my last prediction) Ink takes advantage of a defenseless Dunbar and kidnaps Kelly and Lizzy!

I feel like them mentioning that they were alone is going to mean something not so good before Saul gets back....
    Although I would not want to have another time in which Saul becomes a deranged socio forgetting about everyone else and putting anyone into deep trouble like the last time in order to get his girl (and boy) back, I, too, see such a thing happening. And I wouldn't regret such a development either.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post

With the resources available to the Colony right now what I'd propose is a good-old-fashioned truck bombing. Find a couple of semis. Build big-ass fertilizer bombs in them. Park them along the outside walls of the towers, nowhere near the doors. Detonate by remote control. Then sweep the area using the helicopter packing the minigun to kill whatever crawls out of the rubble.
    They are not in a position to spare the diesel fuel for the fertilizer bomb. I am sure there is enough in the greater LA area, but they would have to bump up the priority to find and retrieve it.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    They are not in a position to spare the diesel fuel for the fertilizer bomb. I am sure there is enough in the greater LA area, but they would have to bump up the priority to find and retrieve it.
    Apparently, McVeigh used less than 50 gallons of diesel fuel in the Oklahoma City bombing. He made about a 7000lb payload in delivery van that "destroyed or damaged 324 buildings within a 16-block radius, destroyed or burned 86 cars, and shattered glass in 258 nearby buildings, causing at least an estimated $652 million worth of damage." (from wikipedia).

Not sure how much C4 it would take to come close to that but I'm betting the Colony doesn't have it. AN, diesel fuel, primer/blasting caps, some catalyzing agent. i bet they could come up with that....

And then there's always Redshirt's Pantex call.....
    Likes Red Shirt, Litmaster, LiamKerrington liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Wow! I thought he had Multiple 55 gallon drums. Thanks for the correction.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Ok, first thing I'll say in this comment about the episode is that I was dead wrong on the inhabitants of the jail. No Mallers to be found! Crow pie for me.....

I'm being drawn more and more into the idea that Ink knew something was coming. And not just a vague something, he was positioning himself to be in a very advantageous position for it. Think about it....

Roberts finds out that a TEOTWAWKI event is coming. He also has knowledge (vague or specific) about what happens to people in this event. His knowledge and work at Raydon gives him a special opportunity to personally take advantage.

Knowing that this is all gonna happen, a few things begin to come together in his plans. He now has an opportunity to exact revenge on his cheating wife and her lover because, Hey! ink's gonna be in charge of LA in a little while so, what the hell, let's have some murderous fun. Oh, of course I'll be sent caught and arrested. But I'll be put into he jail. A place with a lot of test subjects and some accomplices perhaps. Ink knows he can tie up the trial process for a long time with the psych stuff too.

Ink's all set up with his super juice right before everything goes down and all he needs is to get one little bite and he becomes the BAMF he was always destined to be!

Ok, not really directly about this episode but confirmation of the jail as one of Ink's playgrounds got those thoughts churning in my brain.....

Puck's alive.... for now at least. Lots of trauma but nothing life threatening that Tanya can tell. Of course, slow brain bleeding might not be something she can pick up on at the moment since she can't so a CAT scan or something similar. All the talk about not going to sleep (common for concussions) may be just reason to have Puck alert with everyone right now instead of zonked out. Or it may foreshadow something else. Having Puck die in his sleep would be an interesting story point....
    Also, here is yet another point of close contact with zombies followed by sleep/string desire to sleep (Hey Grognaurd!)

We gotta hold on until at least the last part of the chapter to get the story from Puck and descriptions of the pics. I'm almost dreading what we are going to hear. I hope it's done in flashback form so we can hear Robbins, Muldoon, Puck, and even Carl al together one more time. At the same time, hearing those boys die will hurt....

The Twin Towers - every time I hear that term I think World Trade Center - appears to be unassailable by our crew. Even with all the soldiers, the close quarters aspect of it plus the enemy they would be facing in that environment would make it impossible in my opinion. Also, as was pointed out, what's the point of attempting to enter the jail? Info about Ink? Taking down Ink? General human angst?

Anyway, unless something in Puck's story points to a reason to go in there, I'd lean towards leaving it alone, fertilizer bombing the place, or turning into a glass crater with stuff from Pantex. The curve thrown into all of this is what 7oddisdead pointed to above - we are starting to see the people "inside" the creatures. Getting a name and some story about Arrowhead. Randy's entire character. Datu perhaps becoming one of them. Saul and Tanya. So producing a big boom in the jail might also be killing a lot of "innocents".

I'm coming back time and again to the "A Story of Survival" subtitle for the show. I keep wondering "whose survival?" Team Human only? Team Zombie? Ink? Scratch? Everyone?

Oh well, nothing to do but hold on for another week......

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Wow! I thought he had Multiple 55 gallon drums. Thanks for the correction.
    He had multiple 55 gallon drums of mixture (about 15 - 17 in total). Most of the volume was AN fertilizer and catalyst. Only a few gallons of diesel fuel per drum. A few of the items he used were harder to come by than the AN and the diesel but not out of the realm of possibility for the WA characters. Esp with Burt's resources and mailing list....

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    The only Yes. NUKE IT. NUKE IT TO GLASS.

I won't pussy foot around with coy movie quotes for my tactical approach any more. They have what? 60-90 personnel, of which 95% are civilian. Even if they were all military... even if they were all spec ops, it would still be a massacre. It's time that Michael got that satphone charged up, opened up that directory he stole, started making calls to those 182 personnel that were in the field and figure out some serious transportation. Pantex has B-83's which are of the "Dial-a-yield" variety of warhead... there are just too many zombies and too few humans to risk a "conventional" approach. That jail needs to be turned into a crater.

[/soapbox]
    i see this 100%.
    the only way to be sure is total destruction.

Michael/Pegs/others take the chopper to Pantex (or wherever to find a 'nuke').
    Lizzy goes into labor... Saul is 'conveniently' not there.
    Victor/Kelly have a spat and hook up.
    Tanya joins Shaun T and does some workout videos.
    Data get's pulled away from the pump and is tasked to build a SUPER-Mata Gun.
    Victor ends up finishing the windmill/pump.

meanwhile... Scratch FINALLY puts out her DJ Scratch album titled "World War: Dee Zee Dee" and the cassette tape dubbing goes 'viral' with everyone in the Colony recording over old Ghostbusters Soundtrack tapes and various Cranberries albums.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    observation as to why tony rey appeared in the credits for this one, yet had no role in it
    Oh shit yea, just listened to it again. Maybe he will be heard in the next episode...?

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast