User Tag List

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    The way I see it the two cannot be compared. One decision was to send a maintenance guy, an old man with a limp and a recruit out with an untested prototype weapon, while the other was to send trained soldiers with a tested prototype weapon and some other big guns: the first is a bad decision, the second is just very bad luck.
    I will agree with some of this.

But what makes the weapon an "untested prototype" in the first instance and a "tested prototype" in the other???

The only difference between its use at the Windmill and the Jail is that Puck fired it 1 time at some boards......

Unless I am missing something at least.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    I find it hard to believe that the Matta gun was put to use at the jail / prison. There is no reason to rely on a clunky, rather inaccurate prototype in my opinion unless there has been a good reason to do so. Puck and the others were on a recon mission, these guys know exactly what to do and what to do not. So, here is my theory - they either triggered a booby trap at the jail, or they unfortunately ran into a group of mallers or both. I think that it is not unlikely that Puck was held at gunpoint while he was communicating with the safe house.
    I think the reason behind using the mata gun at the Jail is because it provides almost the same amount of fire power(a little less as Puck states) as the 50 cal. but it is mobile and not mounted to the truck.

Also as michael states the 50 cal isn't going to give much cover at the Jail.

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    My biggest worry is that Mata gun may have explode for some reason. At close range that could alot damage and could cause internal injury, eg Puck?. The only question is why Puck would be inside the jail/prison? No one would be able to move that quick,at his current condition, in that place with be original entering there. I think they enter an then were attack.
    I don't think the Mata gun would have exploded. The reason I say that is because Puck is the main one asking about and also using the Mata gun before they leave...... I think he would be the one using it at the Jail. So if it exploded during use I don't see how it would kill the others and not the guy holding it(Puck).
    Likes scbubba liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I think the reason behind using the mata gun at the Jail is because it provides almost the same amount of fire power(a little less as Puck states) as the 50 cal. but it is mobile and not mounted to the truck.

I don't think the Mata gun would have exploded. The reason I say that is because Puck is the main one asking about and also using the Mata gun before they leave...... I think he would be the one using it at the Jail. So if it exploded during use I don't see how it would kill the others and not the guy holding it(Puck).
    yea I agree puck would of been blown to bits with all that pressurized air

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    keep in mind, robbins was the one carrying the mata-gun. not puck.

I really don't like the idea of mata-gun explosion. just feels to much...I dunno, cheesy? I don't dig it. id rather believe something happened on the drive to the jail( though the chapter artwork implies otherwise)

im starting to like the mallers option though. I could actually see scratch kidnapping all the guys, having puck radio in to get Tanya to come out because of something like... tardust has a broken leg or something. I don't know, so many variables! so many ways this could go!
    Likes scbubba, kent17 liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Yeah, that is a valid point. However, I wonder how effective this gun really is.

Besides, the jail provides an excellent chance for the mallers to retake the colony once again:

First, cripple the defence (Puck, Robbins, ...) and allow the lone survivor Puck send a distress call.
    Secondly, kill the reinforcements, resulting in a complete decapitation attack. Voilà, the colony is theirs again.
    Likes Jannit liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell LikedQuizmaster Level 1

In previous episodes a lot of characters made the point that Ink might naturally go back to his old haunts. That was the justification for the recon missions to the house, hospital, jail, etc. I’m thinking that was a hint that the everyone has a proclivity to go back to familiar places. Jail would be an old familiar place for the Mallers. A room to room firefight verse a well prepared enemy would be a disaster even with the Mata gun.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Yeah, that is a valid point. However, I wonder how effective this gun really is.

Besides, the jail provides an excellent chance for the mallers to retake the colony once again:

First, cripple the defence (Puck, Robbins, ...) and allow the lone survivor Puck send a distress call.
    Secondly, kill the reinforcements, resulting in a complete decapitation attack. Voilà, the colony is theirs again.
    Hmmm......... Assuming that most of the main characters are probably going to be "the reinforcements"..... that would make the end of the season come much quicker than it should....... Next episode.... reinforcements die........ Next episode.... Colony falls....... Remaining episodes.... we listen to Scratch and Tardust start a family!

Quote Originally Posted by GreggSz View Post
    In previous episodes a lot of characters made the point that Ink might naturally go back to his old haunts. That was the justification for the recon missions to the house, hospital, jail, etc. I’m thinking that was a hint that the everyone has a proclivity to go back to familiar places. Jail would be an old familiar place for the Mallers. A room to room firefight verse a well prepared enemy would be a disaster even with the Mata gun.
    The prison would be more familiar to the mallers, since they are mostly all serious criminals that were in the prison. However, there is an episode where Tardust and Bricks tells Lizzy that they went to the Jail for supplies, etc, etc..... So we do know that the mallers know about the Jail.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hmmm......... Assuming that most of the main characters are probably going to be "the reinforcements"..... that would make the end of the season come much quicker than it should....... Next episode.... reinforcements die........ Next episode.... Colony falls....... Remaining episodes.... we listen to Scratch and Tardust start a family!
    "Oh Scratch, just look, the baby has got your scar! Isn't that lovely?!"

Whatever will happen next, Saul is back in action!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    The way I see it the two cannot be compared. One decision was to send a maintenance guy, an old man with a limp and a recruit out with an untested prototype weapon, while the other was to send trained soldiers with a tested prototype weapon and some other big guns: the first is a bad decision, the second is just very bad luck.

Sounds like KC introduced a new character. His name is Murphy.

I will agree with some of this.

But what makes the weapon an "untested prototype" in the first instance and a "tested prototype" in the other???

The only difference between its use at the Windmill and the Jail is that Puck fired it 1 time at some boards......

Unless I am missing something at least.

The main difference is that it killed a little one. +1 "mata" gun
    but it seems every mission it has been taken on has been doomed. -2 "mata" gun

I don't believe it exploded. Air tanks shoot off like rockets, but don't explode. Ask Tanya, Victor, and little one #7.

Now, as far as Puck goes, we are assuming a lot that IF the mallers killed the soldiers, they are using him as bait. They could in fact not know he is still alive. I believe Puck is the type to give a big "F U" to Scratch if she wanted to use him as bait.
    Likes Sin Angel, Storm liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    I still think Puck and the team got caught slippen buy either Scratch or INK!

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast