User Tag List

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    The CJ Defense Force here! Setup in my weapon cache corner wait for incoming CJ haters. Let's do this. Happy Monday, everyone!
    I actually liked CJ in this episode. Don't get me wrong, CJ is still CJ and most days I'll rather kick her in the head, and I still don't believe she fully cares, I think she is a good emotional manipulator, but I still liked her this episode for some reason.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Gooer liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

If Michael's immune too... Nonono, just not an option, that'd just be too much good luck, which we all know does not exist in a zpocalypse.
    Then again... Could probably be quite interesting.. But nah! ... I don't know. We have about 20 named characters left in the show, and two, maybe three already seem to be. Would be a bit anti climatic to just say... Oh, and then they all turned out to not being affected by this virus at all. Hmm... But if Michael is too, that'd be about a fifth of the survivers... So far. I kinda like the idea about the blood type being the important factor. I should probably have listened more to my biology teacher, we just recently had about blood, and I remember him saying something about some people having a special type which just was a bit different from another one, and... Ehh... See, I remember shit from that class. Important part was, that nobody seemed to know what exactly the difference did, apparently it just was there...... I have to read about this now.
    Likes Unit, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I was talking about that with Liam in the VIP room. It seems like no matter what she says or does, as long as she shows any opposition to Michael or other established characters, she will be hated.
    I think at this point she has already established herself in such a way that no matter what she does, her role is already set. Imagine if Scratch came walking up wanting to play nice and be friends, would she be weal comes with open arms? Or if Tardust wanted to buddy up to Lizzy and Saul? It is almost too late for anything different they do to change the opinions of them. I see CJ facing this same battle. And I don't think it has to do necessarily with her opposition or alignment with Michael or anyone else, it was her out for herself attitude that did it (at least for me)
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Haven't been able to find anything about whatever I'm remembering my teacher said... But seems like AB RH D negative is one of the more rare blood types... Hmm... Interesting. At the moment though, I'm trying to find out something that would raise the K18 level... Like none of you haven't already tried... Lol. Wouldn't it be perfect if it turned out not being important at all?
    Likes Unit, scbubba, Witch_Doctor, 7oddisdead liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post

But, what was the purpose of the attack originally? Was it just wandering damage? That an inkling thought it could turn two humans? Food? My thought after 40-3 was it was an attack on water resource. That failed too, if it was the plan. I am pretty sure I heard something run away in 40-3. Was it out of fear? No gun truck, but the pesky humans were still able to kill an inkling. If a normal ran away, that is actually good news. We did not hear it get called away and it was not acting like a mindless eating machine. If it values its own life, than it can be bargained with. It is a start.
    My don't know why this is the first time this thought has come to mind, but wouldn't the zombies need water too? We know they need to feed, and their bodies are modified versions of normal humans. We see with the ones that attacked Michael and Pegs in the boat that apparently they can starve to death. Tanya in her studies says they need the same things we need, food, oxygen etc. wouldn't water be one of them?

Could this have been an orchestrated attack? The zeds hear the pumps go on and the windmill is spinning, and Datu said they had some water starting to come out. Maybe they were laying in wait until they thought the pump was operational, then they jump in and take out Datu and crew in an attempt to take over the water source for themselves? Are the sheds dying of dehydration?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced about the theory of "the weak strain of infection". Usually, with most zombie-based films, it wouldn't matter how much infection you get, you're still fucked. Not saying it's the same with We're Alive, as each story is unique, but the idea of it doesn't seem right; it doesn't make it as scary as it first was, with only minor scratches and bites don't infect, just major damage.
    while I tend to agree with you, I also hope we learn more in this chapter to either A: give us a different perspective on datu's condition, or B: see datu, in fact turn..i don't really want B to happen, but it seems needed.

this is the dangerous line kc rides with this story. really I think how he handles this situation will make or break the entirety of the show (for me at least) I know that's a bold statement, but that's how I feel. he has given us a 90% logical, scientific, fact based story...I don't want to see that change in the Nth hour.

Quote Originally Posted by cringebot View Post
    This what I find far fetched. It seems to be too much of a coincidence for two members of the main group to be immune. Now Datu is a super slow turner? Out of all the specimens Tanya has encountered she has come across just one and the best connection we can come up with is skin color? I figure there would be a lot more cases that would make this apparent.
    again. tar heel fan said this, and ill put it in other words, but the same idea. the strong survive. the likelihood of immunity among those left in the story would seem like it should be higher, as those who are 'weak' die/are killed off. and about the skin color thing....

if you don't like the theory, give us one of your own im sure most people don't know this, but in the group section we have the theory team (the hive) over the last 48 hours we have all been researching the shit out of possible angles that could cause the tayna/saul immunity and the datu slow turning. from looking at the possibility of the mitochondrial dna of Neanderthals still being present in the European based characters increasing the chances of turning where pure homo sapien blood is more immune to the idea the moldy corn dog datu ate in the arena being the reason he did not turn immediately. simple fact is we do not have enough info at this time to really come up with a clear answer. the only thing we can do is speculate...and since KC has already given us the k18 nugget, people naturally gravitate toward skin for answers...the issue with that is k18 levels are a BYPRODUCT not a cause....sigh.

I personally don't like the skin angle either...that is far to obvious. and far to..well, asinine. what I would much rather believe is ALL of our main players...the tower folk left AND vic and cj and Tanya, ALL OF THEM..are immune (is my crackpot showing? )

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    If Michael's immune too... Nonono, just not an option, that'd just be too much good luck, which we all know does not exist in a zpocalypse.
    Then again... Could probably be quite interesting.. But nah! ... I don't know. We have about 20 named characters left in the show, and two, maybe three already seem to be. Would be a bit anti climatic to just say... Oh, and then they all turned out to not being affected by this virus at all. Hmm... But if Michael is too, that'd be about a fifth of the survivers... So far. I kinda like the idea about the blood type being the important factor. I should probably have listened more to my biology teacher, we just recently had about blood, and I remember him saying something about some people having a special type which just was a bit different from another one, and... Ehh... See, I remember shit from that class. Important part was, that nobody seemed to know what exactly the difference did, apparently it just was there...... I have to read about this now.
    and there ya go...great minds think alike. in this situation, id much rather believe it was bill Roberts that brought all these people together though. he really did have the best interest of our people in mind after all (ah, warms me heart)

this episode of todd ranting brought to you by arrogant bastard ale
    7id out
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Unit View Post
    My don't know why this is the first time this thought has come to mind, but wouldn't the zombies need water too? We know they need to feed, and their bodies are modified versions of normal humans. We see with the ones that attacked Michael and Pegs in the boat that apparently they can starve to death. Tanya in her studies says they need the same things we need, food, oxygen etc. wouldn't water be one of them?

Could this have been an orchestrated attack? The zeds hear the pumps go on and the windmill is spinning, and Datu said they had some water starting to come out. Maybe they were laying in wait until they thought the pump was operational, then they jump in and take out Datu and crew in an attempt to take over the water source for themselves? Are the sheds dying of dehydration?
    Wouldn't they just go and drink what ever water was available? I mean... They probably don't have to worry whether or not it's filled with Z-stuff...since they're already turned...
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit View Post

didn't Michael make mention when they were reviewing the game cameras of the biters carrying tin cans and bottles of water? this could have simply been a throw away line, but I don't think so. I like your idea of a planned attack on the water pumps for the reason of getting water.but I have to wonder, what if they really don't need water to stay hydrated? what if that's one of the changes? we have speculated on the internal changes since we learned of the saul/Tanya situation...myself and red shirt both seem to wonder if kidney failure might not be one of the things happening (explains the smell at least!) but were that the case, would hydration not also be possible other ways?

im really loving this 'science of zombies' talk folks, keep it up!
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurLoved3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Wouldn't they just go and drink what ever water was available? I mean... They probably don't have to worry whether or not it's filled with Z-stuff...since they're already turned...
    An interesting thought would be whether the zombs would still be susceptible to other water-borne diseases.

A behemoth with dysentery wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWildfire View Post
    An interesting thought would be whether the zombs would still be susceptible to other water-borne diseases.

A behemoth with dysentery wouldn't be a pretty sight.
    I have a strange feeling of de ja vus ... Once I mentioned little ones farting like crazy in order to jump over the walls of the Colony ... Pictures now spring to my mind about Behemoths doin' the same ... Oh, silly me ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Unit, kent17, Witch_Doctor, Footbutt liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast