User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurLoved5000 Experience Points

Gamertag: skankyfish PSN ID: MrsFresh Steam ID: skankyfish Raptr ID: skankyfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Example: In Chapter 23 part 3, Kalani says the man in the hallway is the one from the arena, and Riley describes him as having a disfigured hand. The one that attacked the tower and killed Paul was described as having tattoos, a pinstripe suit and his hand was shot by Burt.
    Hang on, hang on, hang on... Do we know how long it was between the one at the Arena taking Samantha, and the cavalry turning up to save Datu and Kalani? It can't have been that long, because Angel and Riley were already in the building. BUT, when the gang get back to the tower they find that Pinstripes is already there, and it seems he has been for some time (though it's not clear how long - minutes? Maybe half an hour?).

SO. The gang DROVE back to the tower, and they did it as fast as possible because Datu's in shock (and they shouldn't have been too held up by blockages, because they know the route a little better now). Pinstripes had to walk, maybe run. Safe to assume that he's still not faster than the hummer. What I'm getting at here is, I'm struggling with the timeline. Kalani says it was the same guy, but he was in shock himself at the arena. Are we looking at more than one tattooed one? Or am I seeing something where there's nothing??
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by skankyfish View Post
    Hang on, hang on, hang on... Do we know how long it was between the one at the Arena taking Samantha, and the cavalry turning up to save Datu and Kalani? It can't have been that long, because Angel and Riley were already in the building. BUT, when the gang get back to the tower they find that Pinstripes is already there, and it seems he has been for some time (though it's not clear how long - minutes? Maybe half an hour?).

SO. The gang DROVE back to the tower, and they did it as fast as possible because Datu's in shock (and they shouldn't have been too held up by blockages, because they know the route a little better now). Pinstripes had to walk, maybe run. Safe to assume that he's still not faster than the hummer. What I'm getting at here is, I'm struggling with the timeline. Kalani says it was the same guy, but he was in shock himself at the arena. Are we looking at more than one tattooed one? Or am I seeing something where there's nothing??
    Isn't Datu unconsious (spelled?) when they find him? He could easily have been sleeping for some time. Personally I don't think we have more than one suit zombie.
    I think Dr. Roberts and Ink are two different people, though... Or, I'm kinda 50/50 on that. Hehe.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Pin

Ink killed people, but the authorities do not believe the reason he gave for doing so. In fact, it is so messed up that they thought he was insane. We kinda gloss over that because right now there are flesh-eating monsters that destroyed the world.

So, did he have an "inkling" (bahdump dump) that this was coming and was caught in the act of preparation. He could be trying bring on the end of the world or trying to prevent it. In any case that is pretty paranoid. However, killing people to steal their thyroid, pituitary. And other things is murder, but not really insane.

Some other crazy examples

Dude, there are these ant-apes that live inside the Earth. They are super pissed at us. We keep stealing all their mastadon kimchi, but now that we are fracking and flooding their civilizations infrastructure they have declared war on us. They are going to invade topside. They have this super powered Vril liquid in their bodies that turns us into them.

Crazy enough for you? My point is not to try and nail down exactly what the big twist is going to be, but to draw attention to the fact that Ink was ten pounds of crazy crammed into five pound sack according to authorities before TSHTF
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Nov 10th, 2013 at 05:30 AM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Red Shirt, skankyfish liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    As far as we know, the haze was not present anywhere else besides Inglewood, which makes me wonder if it was something prepared and caused by someone who knew the outbreak was coming, as a failed attempt to prevent it.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Isn't Datu unconsious (spelled?) when they find him? He could easily have been sleeping for some time. Personally I don't think we have more than one suit zombie.
    I think Dr. Roberts and Ink are two different people, though... Or, I'm kinda 50/50 on that. Hehe.
    He is, but Angel and Riley had already been at the arena for some time. I can't see it taking them *that* long to find Datu and Kalani after that. I've just re-listened to 17-3; Kalani doesn't know if it's the same one, he just thinks it might be. he didn't see the one at the tower, and he only glimpsed the one at the arena while he was in shock, in the dark.

Having said all that, I find it hard to believe that there are two entirely tattooed zombie overlords wandering around. Skittles describes him as "The coloured one. The one with the markings", and says he's the most dangerous of all, and lives in the arena. Michael, Saul and Burt saw for themselves that pinstripe is entirely covered in tattoos. It would be really odd if there was more than one that would fit both of those descriptions so neatly, but I still feel like the Arena timeline doesn't quite add up.

I dunno...I'm binge listening at the moment so I'm a bit overwhelmed, quite possible seeing things that aren't there!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    He is, but Angel and Riley had already been at the arena for some time. I can't see it taking them *that* long to find Datu and Kalani after that. I've just re-listened to 17-3; Kalani doesn't know if it's the same one, he just thinks it might be. he didn't see the one at the tower, and he only glimpsed the one at the arena while he was in shock, in the dark.

Having said all that, I find it hard to believe that there are two entirely tattooed zombie overlords wandering around. Skittles describes him as "The coloured one. The one with the markings", and says he's the most dangerous of all, and lives in the arena. Michael, Saul and Burt saw for themselves that pinstripe is entirely covered in tattoos. It would be really odd if there was more than one that would fit both of those descriptions so neatly, but I still feel like the Arena timeline doesn't quite add up.

I dunno...I'm binge listening at the moment so I'm a bit overwhelmed, quite possible seeing things that aren't there!
    I had put together a probable timeline of how much time Angel & Riley spent at the arena, when the zombies were called inside to witness Samantha's (death?) and how long it may have taken to find him. I can't remember where I posted it or what I concluded (if at all), but if you want to piece things together yourself then some of the things that I noted were: Datu was unconscious after they took Samantha, Angel & Riley arrive at the arena just before dusk and stay inside of the freezer till morning, they later spend several hours inside a pile of bodies while the zombies are feeding (But the zombies are called away? To witness Samantha?)

Take into account that Ink/Pinstripes/TOWTM traveled from the arena to the Tower on foot. UGH It's easy to see how this could lead to thoughts of there being more than one. Outside of the story, in interviews, the writer KC, has been EXTREMELY evasive about whether it is one or more persons. So, maybe, only time will tell.
    Likes skankyfish liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I had put together a probable timeline of how much time Angel & Riley spent at the arena, when the zombies were called inside to witness Samantha's (death?) and how long it may have taken to find him. I can't remember where I posted it or what I concluded (if at all), but if you want to piece things together yourself then some of the things that I noted were: Datu was unconscious after they took Samantha, Angel & Riley arrive at the arena just before dusk and stay inside of the freezer till morning, they later spend several hours inside a pile of bodies while the zombies are feeding (But the zombies are called away? To witness Samantha?)

Take into account that Ink/Pinstripes/TOWTM traveled from the arena to the Tower on foot. UGH It's easy to see how this could lead to thoughts of there being more than one. Outside of the story, in interviews, the writer KC, has been EXTREMELY evasive about whether it is one or more persons. So, maybe, only time will tell.
    Thanks! I'll take a look for it when I get time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12