User Tag List

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    She was so fracking hot in Boulevard with Kari Wuhrer.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by dontkillburt View Post
    My guess is you'll be hearing from our lawyers soon.

Radon Labs, Inc
    "We're a gas!"
    They went belly up in 2010. We're good.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radon_Labs

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Michael was acting a lot like Saul when he was on his Lizzy-quest.
    That's because Michael and Randy were secret lovers before the outbreak. When they met Again at the Waterworks, and Randy was turning (which he of course did slowly - that's why he's so intelligent) he hugged Michael a bit too tight when they said their last farewell to each other, breaking Michael's arm.
    This explains why Michael just tells everyone that he got his arm crushed in a door. He's afraid of getting out of the closet.
    And here's another thing that backs up this theory of mine: Raydon Labs is an anagram. Two letters are missing though, but you can still spell "O, Randy Bals"

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    I think Storm is try to cover up for Rayden. They seem to be working together.
    Likes Storm liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post
    Not Sid,

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I really couldn't think of many tests with those numbers that could be done quickly at the bedside. Glucose can be done quickly, and you could see those sorts of numbers in somebody headed into a diabetic crisis, but that doesn't really make any sense in this situation.
    They have some new blood tests that can detect a heart attack is less than an hour. Some of the new Biodefense sensors can detect Anthrax and small pox in less than two minutes.

What Tanya did was wicked fast. My guess is she was pushing the test as fast as she possibly could just to see what would happen and then she can repeat the test more accurately. She could easily draw a few milliliters of blood and the blood test might only consume 0.1ml of the sample to run the assay. If she got a "hit" she could run the test more accurately with longer incubation times and better washing steps.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    They have some new blood tests that can detect a heart attack is less than an hour. Some of the new Biodefense sensors can detect Anthrax and small pox in less than two minutes.

What Tanya did was wicked fast. My guess is she was pushing the test as fast as she possibly could just to see what would happen and then she can repeat the test more accurately. She could easily draw a few milliliters of blood and the blood test might only consume 0.1ml of the sample to run the assay. If she got a "hit" she could run the test more accurately with longer incubation times and better washing steps.
    The speed of any test might be fudged a bit for story purposes. It would be very dull to be like, ok. Let's sit here and wait like 3 hours. NOT TO SAY THE TEST IN QUESTION WOULD TAKE THAT LONG, but you get the point.
    Likes Unit, Red Shirt, scbubba liked this post

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Can't believe no one made this connection yet!!! Jay is totally boinking Pegs. After all, he got stuck in a flower bed!

Too tin foily?

Loved it! I kept waiting to hear who was this chick who got herself bit expecting Riley, or Pegs...maybe Kelly.... Nope. No one we really even knew. At least she got Dr. Kevorkian all jazzed up about something.
    Likes Unit, Red Shirt, scbubba, Condor, Arch_Will and 1 others liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points

Sure, I didn't mean to totally exclude all infectious causes. There's any number of new tests out there, but guessing at what Tanya was likely to have easy access to in a presumably still resource strapped hospital/clinic, I wasn't coming up with any immediate likely candidates. And you basically described something along the same lines as what is commonly done with HIV testing-there's a quick and dirty, but high sensitivity test done, and then if that's positive there's a more specific test done. Not trying to lecture, I don't know what your background is. I had not heard of the anthrax and smallpox rapid tests before, so that is interesting news. I could be wrong (again) but I think most tests of that nature really just yield a positive or negative, not an exact number....?

Again, I don't have any really solid guesses as to what exactly she was testing, I was just trying to throw some more info out there. And I'm happy to allow for poetic license-didn't mean to imply that I wanted to be waiting for cultures to grow either. :-)

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Kc...

But exactly when 2010?

Chapter 39 - Part 1 of 3...6:13 into the podcast, Michael provides a journal entry...

Michael: "March 1st, 2010, our first big break..."

Wtf?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dontkillburt View Post
    Kc...

But exactly when 2010?

Chapter 39 - Part 1 of 3...6:13 into the podcast, Michael provides a journal entry...

Michael: "March 1st, 2010, our first big break..."

Wtf?
    Wait. What? I think he's on to something. Didn't we already have Christmas?
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast