User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Wnd #60

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDung View Post
    What if the drug were delivered by Riley's arrows (assuming she survives her mission with Burt, of course)? Poison-tipped arrows certainly aren't new or exotic tech.
    This is an interesting thought. I doubt it would work on Ink or a behemoth (because of its size, I would assume), but it seems a good idea for the rest of them. One problem I can think of though: the dose Victor gave to the Inkling was a fairly large amount, and the amount on just an arrowhead would be considerably less, so I'm not sure how effective it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    good one.

Hell, for that matter. Why not use tranq. Guns? Yeah it may take a couple shots to put one down..but doable....

Oh hell....maybe...hmm...catch Randy like that... ???

Could see how a CONVERSATION WITH A ZOMBIE RANDY could make Michael feel optimistic AND foolish...
    We've seen already that biters develop a tolerance for things like that quite quickly (based on the chloroform part in the first season), and Randy, if he's anything like Ink, is probably so powerful that it wouldn't work. However, I bet tranquilizers are more powerful than chloroform, especially when injected directly into the bloodstream, so maybe it'd be more effective.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Tranq. Darts can be loaded with whatever you want, if you know how to do it. The mix Vic used could be used in them....naturally im not assuming a normal dart would do anything. Nor am I an expert on animal control...but it would give ya a larger dose than an arrow.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Agreed. I was talking about darts as well, when responding to your post. So yes, definitely a good plan for killing them (using Victor's mixture), but I was assuming that a tranquilizer dart wouldn't work too well because they build up tolerance too fast (if the purpose was to study or interrogate a live one).

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Based on how quickly the normals were able to metabolize the crude, diluted, and contaminated chloroform that Michael synthesized, a tranquilizer would basically be useless.

A lethal dose of Chloroform can be as low as 10 mL for an average adult. A tranq dart, on the other hand, usually carries a higher amount, 150-200mL, of select concentration solution for delivery to render the target unconscious. I doubt that they'd have someone on hand for the synthesis and preparation of any tranquilizer solution, let alone a concentration that would be capable of bringing down anything (Maybe horse-strength) close to TOWTM's caliber for any amount of time greater than a minute.

The skin of the 'Used to be Little but are now Big Ones' are quite resistant to blunt impacts, bullets bouncing off and such. With certain reasoning, one would assume that the force needed to carry an arrow through that very same skin would be much greater than Riley would be able to provide. And to transfer that, or a smaller but much more well placed (ex. the eye), force through the barrier with the precision to hit a moving target would be beyond the capabilities of an unassisted archer with a competition-grade bow.

Vic's solution would be restricted to killshots-only and would need to be delivered under basically suicide circumstances (You miss once, you die), as it was intended as a 'cyanide capsule' final option. Supplies are limited and it is not guaranteed to work every time. Hell, TOWTM could be conditioning the surviving members of his hit-squad against it, using normies and behemoths as test subjects*.

*Note: Utilizing test subjects does not connotate Franken-zombies as those are impossible no matter the origin.
    Likes scbubba, Litmaster, Vlarken liked this post
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well that basically answers all my questions. Also I like the idea of Ink conditioning his army.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I will give Sid credit this one time.....in this he does likely know what he's talking about. (I actually thought of him with my first post, weird.)
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I am not certain about Riley's arrows being ineffective. At least against standard zombs they are quite lethal; in the arena she killed one zomb after another. And CJ being able to take down standard zombs with a blade most recently (i.e. December 2009) proves that the standard zombs don't mutate in the way that their skins grow thicker and thicker.
    The only two zombs that did not care were Ink and the Behemoth. We have neither evidence nor clues or hints about the skin of Smart Ones or Randy, how ell they perform against any bullet or arrow. So I think Riley's arrows could be any of the three possible outcomes: effective, ineffective, partially effective (whatever that might mean). As for the tranqs: interesting. What are tranqs? Are these those big guns which veterinairians use to take down elephants in order to take blood samples or to prepare them for a helicopter-transportation to somewhere else???

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    As for the tranqs: interesting. What are tranqs? Are these those big guns which veterinairians use to take down elephants in order to take blood samples or to prepare them for a helicopter-transportation to somewhere else???
    Yep, that's exactly what they are. Technically, 'tranq' isn't a real word, it's just a shortening of 'tranquilizer'. I don't think it was about Riley's arrows themselves being ineffective though, rather the chemical mixture they would have on them being ineffective. As you said, we've seen that the normal biters don't mutate thicker skins. But against behemoths and others with armored skin, the only effective points seem to have been the inside of the mouth and the eyes.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

FINALLY! After nearly 3 weeks of listening to an average of 3 episodes a day, I am now completely caught up with We're Not Dead! WOO!
    Likes LiamKerrington, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

So .............

Today's the day, right?
    I still got Friday on my mind ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast