User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LizzyFabre View Post
    Sad. We were definitely together. We even wrastled!
    Still a very good performance, as always. Love that you wrote 'wrastled'. I just LOVE a southern accent.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by LizzyFabre View Post
    Sad. We were definitely together. We even wrastled!
    I thought the wrastlin' scene was pretty cool. Especially since we had no clue what it was that y'all were wrastlin' over <wink wink nudge nudge>
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Yeah, you're right. He does roll over easily when CJ talks. Could be her charisma or it could be that everyone else would butt heads with him totally, but CJ does things differently with him. She makes her point, acknowledges his concerns, then gives him some sort of concession. I've noticed this time and again. Michael questions something, she tells him why her plan is the best, pats him on the head for the wittle bwitty idea then gives him a treat and sends him scurrying away happily. Think back when he questioned sending Saul & Victor away and the four months delay in his research.
    I think you're basically right. In each case, CJ gave what seemed to Michael to be logical reasons for each thing. We got shades of he old Michael at each event but he was diffused, so to speak, by CJ's reasoning. The closest we got to an FU CJ from Michael was when she told him the search and research were not very important and would be 4 months out. When CJ realized that he wasn't buying her reasoning on it, she switched over to appeasement by agreeing that it was at least somewhat important and he would be allowed to do some of it (but had to do it her way) and that it probably wouldn't take 4 months to get to that point. Mikey got almost giddy at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    CRAP!!! It STILL took four months for Micheal to make any headway? (Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.)
    It didn't take them 4 months to start searching. Just 4 months to find anything..... I guess Muldoon's idea on how to find them didn't pan out.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Some more thoughts on Leadership

RE: Kelly
    When in a position in power, it is easy to task someone with a crappy job (laundry) just to be a jerk, but it is better to find the best person for the job and to find something they would enjoy doing. It is interesting that in Chapter 4 that Kelly thought the journals were a waste of time (@WAFanCast, nice catch) now she may become the linch pin to unraveling the mystery

RE: Burt & Riley
    We are taught that we should seek win-win situations. That is right, but when an impass is reached, decisions must be arbitrated in favor of the customer and in this case the customer is the colony as a whole. AWOL and desertion are terrible for morale, but what is even worse is a couple of high profile malcontents. Like Michael said about Saul, he cannot be controlled, but can be pointed in the right direction. Task Burt and Riley with recon, it is required.
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Oct 9th, 2013 at 04:31 AM.
    Likes zombie Danny, Merlin1274, EpiEpee, scbubba liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Some more thoughts on Leadership

RE: Kelly
    When in a position in power, it is easy to task someone with a crappy job (laundry) just to be a jerk, but it is better to find the best person for the job and to find something they would enjoy doing. It is interesting that in Chapter 4 that Kelly thought the journals were a waste of time (@WAFanCast, nice catch) now she may become the linch pin to unraveling the mystery

RE: Burt & Riley
    We are taught that we should seek win-win situations. That is right, but when an impass is reached, decisions must be arbitrated in favor of the customer and in this case the customer is the colony as a whole. AWOL and desertion are terrible for morale, but what is even worse is a couple of high profile malcontents. Like Michael said about Saul, he cannot be controlled, but can be pointed in the right direction. Task Burt and Riley with recon, it is required.
    Very well said, Grog! A good leader helps people find the best seat on the bus. Kelly has, as a lawyer, a distinct set of skills. Good for Michael on working with Kelly to figure out how best to apply those in this situation. Even better since he's the one that started the "Kelly is, well Kelly she's great" WA meme...

I think you really nailed it with the Burt/Riley bug out. To best protect the Colony as a whole, the lie about them is, I hate to say it, necessary. I just wonder if it was necessary to lie to Saul and Co?

I wonder how the situation would have played out if CJ hadn't been with Michael at that point? I'm pretty sure that he would have definitely told Saul, Vic, and Lizzy. He may have eventually have come to the same conclusion about the "general story" though. But I'm not sure....
    Likes Witch_Doctor, zombie Danny liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    The ending - NO. FUCKING. WAY!!!!!! Man, this is just getting better and better. Shame we had to jump 4 months though, woulda been cool to have a xmas special episode haha.....
    I hope that when we see a zombie horde they see a big fat jolly guy in a red suit and hat as a zombie.
    Likes Arch_Will, scbubba liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

So my real life job has changed a bit and I am more responsible for the logistics for my company. This has got me thinking about Burt and Riley running around on there own. How much food is actually available? We know that the monsters were running around eating scads of food because Saul and Angel witnessed them eating food in a store. There just can't be that much food left. This brings me to the actual amount of fresh water available in LA. The colony has access to water but if Burt and Riley are out and about where can they get a consistent supply of drinkable water? Then there is fuel for the car. Not to mention tires and various parts to keep it running. An apocalypse like this is just a logistical nightmare.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Crazy theory time. So Randy is going to reappear in 4 months, around Lizzy's due date. Randy delivers the baby.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Have to admit, I felt a little awkward when Lizzy said Saul was poking her in the leg.....

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aaronarturus View Post
    How did this show become a soap opera? And where are the zombies in season four? I know I'll probably catch flak for this, but the show has turned to utter crap. Which is all the worse because the first three seasons were so good.
    I won't go so far as to say the show has turned to utter crap but I was wondering the same thing. This was very dramatic and it sort of got on my nerves. I didn't feel like there was a valuable progression of the story. Just a lot of swooning and then "until next time on...". Idk, I'm not really feeling optimistic about the show since it re-aired. We either seem to get all zombies or all drama. I don't need a saturation of either per show I think I'd like to see more balance like there was in previous seasons. The other word that strikes me is formulaic.

I can see that KC is trying to put all the characters in certain places for the show to go in a certain direction, which is kinda what the writer is sposed to do but it seems too obvious to me. The Lizzy/Saul parts in particular....I didn't even feel like they'd been reunited before they were off and gone to Point B in a very staged way. I hope it improves.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast