Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ending

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274

The Ending

I have had several theories in my head how this all ends. But this is the one that keeps popping back in the forefront of the others.. This may or may not have been said by someone else but I could not find it.. But I want to share it with you guys.. Maybe someone can add or take away from it.

IMO.. I think a Military panel is reviewing the journals and Michael is sitting there in his military dress being questioned about everything they have read from the journals and the cliff notes Tanya has entered into the computer. He is at his Court Martial hearing for leaving Ft. Irwin. Somehow Kimmet got on the other Black Hawk and high tailed it out before making the call on the sat phone. They did have other outposts. I am sure Ft. Irwin was not the only remote military base.. Area 51.. Cheyenne Mt. to name a couple. He had time to get out of range.. Michael is telling his side of things and what lead to his decision to ignore a direct order and save whoever he could. I am sure when this all broke out the Head Officials got scurried away to a secured location.

Plus Down the table from him, in Chains, is Scratch. Telling her, the Maller's, side of the Story. Since Mallers did not have Journals about what happened someone has to be telling their side of the story..
    Last edited by Merlin1274; Oct 3rd, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Likes Unit, Cabbage Patch, scbubba liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Michael wakes up next to his wife pegs.

he says " wow, I just had the weirdest dream. I ran a hotel in Vermont"
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Oct 4th, 2013 at 01:54 AM.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Michael wakes up next to his wife pegs.

he says " wow, I just had the weirdest dream. I ran a hotel in Vermont"
    With their daughter Hannah and their other daughter Hannah. There actually was a tower resident without any lines named Hannah.

And their son named Puck and their other son named puck. Maller ditto

They are a modern day Brady bunch, and actually have kids with the same name.
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Oct 6th, 2013 at 05:12 AM.
    Likes scbubba, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Michael snaps out of it from being spaced out during Episode 1:
    Girl: "Well? What do you think, Michael?"
    Mike: "Huh? Uh, think about what?"
    Girl: "You silly... I asked if you wanted to go to a party. What do you think?"
    Mike: "Uh, yeah... sure. I'd love to. Boy, you wouldn't imagine the daydream I've just had..."
    Likes Storm, scbubba liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I've got another one.

Michael wakes up in bed next to Burt.

Michael: I had the weirdest dream...
    Burt: oh yea? What was it?
    Michael: I was shooting a commercial for the olive garden...
    Burt: huh, that's weird. I had a dream you were in my bed for no good reason.

Burt wakes up.
    Likes Cabbage Patch, Storm, Litmaster, scbubba liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I see Michael in a police interrogation room spinning a tale about zombies and people surviving. He's a suspect in a big multiple murder case where a bunch of high profile crime bosses were taken out. After he finishes telling the detective his tall tale, he is let go. As he walks away from the police station, his whole character changes and he gets picked up in black town car and he tells the driver, "Take me to the Family meeting". The driver looks up in the rearview mirror, says "Right away, Mr. Söze" and drives off into the LA sunset....

And like that... he's gone.
    Likes Cabbage Patch, Grognaurd liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    I think they will manage to defeat the zombies in the end but Michael gets killed in the process. We flash forward 20 years and the world is starting to be rebuilt and the person reading the journals is Michael and Pegs son/daughter. They have an emotional conversation about about their dad as someone goes running bare ass down the street while being chased by a zombie!

Pegs says "aw shit, not again", takes out her shotgun with "Michael" engraved on the side of the barrel, goes outside and blows it away

That's probably what's going to happen right?
    Likes Storm, Cabbage Patch, scbubba liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

For quite a long time I've thought that the colony would fall... Now I'm not so sure anymore.
    Kc's said that it would end in a satisfying (spelled? Too lazy to flip through my dictionary) way. I've had quite a lot of trouble coming up with an ending to a zombie story that could be called that, but...
    My current idea is that they get Ink and maybe Scratch killed, and (maybe) find a cure, maybe they're just starting to discover it or working on a possible one, IDK. My idea is that in the end they've been able to survive just fine in this new World... Okay, maybe not fine, but hey, the normal ones aren't that much of a problem, right?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    The heroes are about to blow Ink's head off as he lies broken and bleeding out.

"Rho ssss buuuud"...
    Likes scbubba, 7oddisdead liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Storm brought this to mind with the reference to Kc's mention of a "satisfying" end to WA. I don't recall the exact quote but I wonder how satisfying might be interpreted? Will the destruction of all the "bad guys" be the satisfying part? I'm pretty sure that most everyone (except for Osiris of course) would be happy to see Scratch meet her end. But what if, say, Ink/TOWTM/Pinstripes was not taken out but instead became a part of turning the tide back to the humans without being killed? Would that be a satisfying ending for most people?

I'm just wondering aloud because I think that there is such a difference in what people would be satisfied with regarding WA. I can't wait to see how the story plays out (while at the same time not wanting it to end...) and whether it will be a "Mission Accomplished" ending or a "The Tide Has Turned and We Can Win Now" ending that sets up a world for the listener to fill in....

Oh well, We'll just have to wait and see.

Either way, I love this thread and the different things folks post about what happens in the end. Keep 'em coming!
    Likes kent17, Storm liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast