User Tag List

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Chapter 31-2 around 5:53

Victor: "A couple of survivors from this place made it to the Colony a while back. Two survived the trip there."
    CJ: "Excuse me! You telling me this now?"
    Victor: "Didn't matter before"
    CJ: "And it does now? Why? Who was it?"
    Victor: "Sean, Hope, and James. Sean and Hope were the only ones to make it there alive."
    CJ: "Why did you wait til now to tell me this?"
    Victor: "Like I said, it didn't matter"
    CJ: "Why?"
    Victor: "I... Well... It just.... "
    CJ: "Sean's there?!?"
    Victor: "No, not any more"
    CJ: "Where is he now? Where?"
    Victor: "He's dead."
    CJ: "Then you're right. It doesn't matter. He's not there is he?"
    Victor: "But his killers are."
    CJ: "You and you. What do you know?"
    Pete: "Don't get me involved in this!"
    Glenn: "It's true. At least we think so. He got set up."
    CJ: "So, the prisoners got him?"
    Saul: "Yeah. They got him."
    Victor: "We, uh, we didn't want to tell you before. We didn't think it mattered."
    Saul: "Thought you only cared about yourself"
    CJ: "That's not true"
    Saul: "So, you on our team now? How many more reasons you want?"

Very clearly a manipulation by Victor and Saul to get CJ to the Colony. And very clearly a direct lie by Saul and a little less direct lie by Victor. But the intent is very clear....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"New Arrival"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fredrum View Post
    It seems to me that most of the decisions that she has made as of late have been based entirely on emotion. Going to the colony, going into the hospital after Scratch instead of waiting for Saul-all out of anger over Sean's death. Kicking out Saul and Victor-anger over being manipulated as well as rejection. I don't see how the decision to kick out Saul and Victor could have been based on any kind of logic whatsoever. Right now she is completely emotionally compromised and could potentially make even more horrible decisions and unfortunately has been put in a position where she can.
    I'd say that's par for the course though. Lot of questionable decisions have been made just on people getting caught up in Saul/Lizzie's emotions. Minus him and Victor though, I think she'd be a good leader since she doesn't have a personal attachment to anybody else.

"Lurker"

Status
    thank you comrades, now it's clear

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by DogFromDuckhunt View Post
    I'd say that's par for the course though. Lot of questionable decisions have been made just on people getting caught up in Saul/Lizzie's emotions. Minus him and Victor though, I think she'd be a good leader since she doesn't have a personal attachment to anybody else.
    Even the best leader cant stand alone if no one has their back (and hell, most of them probably have two legs). She just chose to send away the two people who know her best AND just so happen between the two of them to know almost everyone at The Colony better than she does. For someone who is supposed to value information as much as she does she is throwing away a hell of a resource. A good leader doesn't have to have an absence of personal attachment to anyone so much as the good judgement to know when to let it matter. She said herself that she didn't really care about anyone there, so we can only assume that any decisions she makes are more to protect her own ass than for the good of the people.

I think she could make a good leader at some point, but right now is the absolute worst time for her to take charge.
    Likes Z Sniper, Red Shirt, Grognaurd, EpiEpee liked this post

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    I think for now it's natural that they will be feeling each other and everyone else out. It makes sense FOR NOW that CJ take the role of leader. Things will change and adjust. I have no doubt that in time they will for the most part learn to work together as they understand each others strengths and things will fall into place. I really doubt there's any real power 'struggle'. They're all fairly reasonable people and know that what needs to be done should be done. She's 'in charge'...for now.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Chapter 31-2 around 5:53

CJ: "Then you're right. It doesn't matter. He's not there is he?"
    Victor: "But his killers are."
    CJ: "You and you. What do you know?"
    I know the bias is that Sean and CJ had a thing, but my belief is it was a "Family" thing. She seems poised to accept Sean's death in this new world order. But, she flips hard when the word changes from killed to killers. Sounds a lot like Scratch and now Riley.

Along these lines, Kelly says looks like you were once married outside of the hospital in no place like home ( season 2 ) while waiting for Michael and Pegs. Could be he took off the wedding ring with the death of his wife. Maybe he had a family ring he removed when dealing with outsiders. He certainly is secretive
    Likes scbubba, Red Shirt liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I know the bias is that Sean and CJ had a thing, but my belief is it was a "Family" thing. She seems poised to accept Sean's death in this new world order. But, she flips hard when the word changes from killed to killers. Sounds a lot like Scratch and now Riley.

That is a really interesting viewpoint, and certainly nothing I'd ever thought of before. Good brain fodder.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Along these lines, Kelly says looks like you were once married outside of the hospital in no place like home ( season 2 ) while waiting for Michael and Pegs. Could be he took off the wedding ring with the death of his wife. Maybe he had a family ring he removed when dealing with outsiders. He certainly is secretive
    To my recollection, his dead ex-wife is one of the few things that Victor has been somewhat forth coming about. (After a tiny bit of prodding from Saul)(Ch. 31 3/3 @ 11:15)
    "Took a while to get over her?" "Not So much... She was a bitch..." "She was like Frodo, man. Ring went on, evil came out."

Family ring however...
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

now, about a week of cool-down later ... Have read a lot of good things on this forum and listened to the WND episode.

Again: About CJ.

(I still have a lot of trouble with her quick "recovery", 'cause to me it remains unbelievable that someone jumps around just two days after having had a serious surgery resulting in the loss of a limb. It took Michael like three days to wake up and recover from Tanya's treatment of his broken arm. So in my view it would have felt "much more reasonable", if the story-telling in #37 had covered like a week or 1 1/2 weeks or something at least in order to allow CJ to get back into life and pass the impact of her surgery and get over the first and most intense painkiller-treatment from the first days. This wouldn't have changed a lot, would it? But, that's not what I want to point out today. And since this is only something "technical", it has little to do with the real story told in WA, right?)

Speaking of which: I want to point out this:

Based on #36 most of us expected something like: let's tie loose ends together, focus on zombie-killing, and CHARGE them zombos! I mean, that's basically what Michael said at the end of #36, right? So the general expectation would have been: less confusion and chaos like what we heard in seasons #1 through #3, and more shit like awesome battle-badassitude with one major target (Ink's army) ...
    And now this: #37 in general, and #37-3 in particular is like: throw everything together into the shredder, and press the huge START-button. Result: even more chaos, crazy madness, and a shattered world falling even more apart than what we expected, right?
    So, to a certain degree Kc did play with our expectations and again prove his skill as a writer and evil mastermind to keep things spinning. And the cool thing is: things make sense - a lot of it. The whole WA story is not a linear one, but one with plenty of loops and crazy twists. So yes, #37-3 is brilliant - even with CJ's mindblowing decisions and actions.

Speaking of which: Considering CJ's emotional state #37-3 actually is a perfect mirror image of her psychological situation. And that is really big time story-telling which is added by entertaining and deep character building. Thank you, Kc.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Sep 15th, 2013 at 05:36 AM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba, Cabbage Patch liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    To my recollection, his dead ex-wife is one of the few things that Victor has been somewhat forth coming about. (After a tiny bit of prodding from Saul)(Ch. 31 3/3 @ 11:15)
    "Took a while to get over her?" "Not So much... She was a bitch..." "She was like Frodo, man. Ring went on, evil came out."

Family ring however...
    You are right about Season 3, but i just wanted to draw attention to a Victor Ring reference in Seaon 2. First glance is just what it seems a wedding ring, but when leveraged with his hush hush on a family member fratricide it is worthy of a closer look. Remember he also makes a joke about the ambiguity of the Angel / Riley relationship and what basis does he have? A few hours in their company? To paraphrase Tardust, "Nope, not enough!" worthy of a closer look. Riley is upset, that is understandable. Riley going all Scratch and Victor's foreshadowing requires a closer look...
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast