User Tag List

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I gotta go re-listen to that too. Because I'm wondering if the team thought chloroform would work off the bat or thought it might not work. Chloroform/ether works by entering the lungs and then the bloodstream. From there it travels to other places and affects the creature. All of that requires respiration and a working bloodstream as well as a nervous system that works like a human's (or any mammal?).

Basically, because the chloroform worked, we had confirmation that the Zeds physiology was still a) working and b) mostly human. That was later confirmed by Tanya's autopsy of the Little One but does it matter that we knew that way back when?

Hmmmm......
    I'm going through all of the seasons again so forgive me for being a bit rusty if I get the details wrong. In regards to the respiratory system, don't we see zombies surviving under water when Michael and Pegs were on the boat? If their respiration worked the same way as humans, that wouldn't be possible. I don't doubt that these "zombies" are alive and I've always sort of thought that the title refers to the zombies rather than the survivors but the details of their systems is baffling.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    I'm going through all of the seasons again so forgive me for being a bit rusty if I get the details wrong. In regards to the respiratory system, don't we see zombies surviving under water when Michael and Pegs were on the boat? If their respiration worked the same way as humans, that wouldn't be possible. I don't doubt that these "zombies" are alive and I've always sort of thought that the title refers to the zombies rather than the survivors but the details of their systems is baffling.

i think they were just swimming across the water, not breathing underwater.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Hmm... I'll have to find that one and check it out since I'm probably forgetting some key details. I've got the impression that they had been in the water for quite a while - wasn't there a description to that effect? Regardless, I didn't think they were breathing underwater; I just figured they weren't breathing.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    The impression I got was that they were the infected from Catalina, and had devoured or turned everything on the island, and had began making their way to the mainland, when they saw the activity on the boat and came after them.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Malador View Post
    The impression I got was that they were the infected from Catalina, and had devoured or turned everything on the island, and had began making their way to the mainland, when they saw the activity on the boat and came after them.
    Do you happen to remember which episode that was?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Ill look it up tonight when I get home, I have crap internet here at work.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    I think it's 16-2 or 16-3

From what i recall, they were described as being emaciated, as if they were starving (assumed to be from lack of food on Catalina).
    Last edited by fredrum; Sep 6th, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Thanks, Fredrum. You nailed it with those episode numbers.

The description is:
    Michael: "It's all withered away. Look at its face and cheeks. His arms look like my broken one!"
    Pegs: "They’re starving."

My memory failed me as they clearly aren't described as looking bloated or waterlogged. Thanks for clarifying that, guys!

The part that made me question their need to breath comes from 16-1 where Pegs and Michael are about to board the boat. Pegs sees a "shadow" in the water and Michael says that it could be a number of sea animals. Since the first sighting of the Z's was of them under water, I got the impression that the zombies weren't making much of an appearance for air. The only time they seemed especially interested in coming up was when there was the possibility of fresh meat.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    If a zombie surfaces for air and no one is around to see it, does it happen?
    Likes Jannit, Nathan.Luiz liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    I do believe that in the end since they are looking for a new leader for The Colony and Michael and Victor are at odds with each other but in the end i think CJ will take the Leader position in The Colony and since she has led The Other Tower she has no other reason for not leading the colony and her being one legged and all she should lead, but that is just my opinion. Kelly should get with Victor simply put on the last episode last season how they were talking to each other after Kelly got off the Pelican then they had their moment. Then there is the tape that Victor is hiding and if Riley gets a hold of it she will go for a little Mauller Hunting and hunt for Scratch but that is if Scratch doesn't try and go up to kill Pegs because I think it's her time to die but thats just my opinion but if anything they will have a wedding/baby shower at the same time as Riley leaving to go and find Scratch but first to go is Tar because he was there too but eh this next monday is gonna be a blast
    Last edited by Da-Demon-Monkey; Sep 6th, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast