User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Smart Ones and tool usage

Hi everyone,

I cannot find a suitable explanation why at least the smart ones did not use any prepared tools during the ambush on the colony. This might be just a very minor detail. However, I do not consider Ink's and Randy's was to conquer an intact new fortified colony, their foremost goal seemed to ... umm ... harvest the human ressources inside the colony. Well, but would it have been totally improbable for the smart ones to use simple tools and weapons like Molotow cocktails? In my perspective, the application of these and similar tools would have played a supporting role in conquering the colony. So, what do think, would have the smart ones been able to use these weapons / tools?
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    I doubt we're ever going to see the regular zombies using any kind of tools. The regular "biters" have never been shown as smart enough to use any kind of tools and even the so-called "smart ones" have never been anything more than kinda of clever (ex. knowing to take cover in the lobby of the Tower).
    The only zombies that have shown any signs of some sort of higher intelligence have been the little ones and Ink, and the little ones don't really need any tools, they're the pinnacle of zombie "evolution," as close to a perfect killing machine as zombies can get.
    But we do know (or it's at lease been hinted at) that Ink/TOWTM does use tools. He was around both times the zombies set up ambushes and I'm willing to bet he was the one that moved the cars into position. And then there was that whole workshop in the basement of the hospital with the homemade tattoo gun.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    I doubt we're ever going to see the regular zombies using any kind of tools. The regular "biters" have never been shown as smart enough to use any kind of tools and even the so-called "smart ones" have never been anything more than kinda of clever (ex. knowing to take cover in the lobby of the Tower).
    The only zombies that have shown any signs of some sort of higher intelligence have been the little ones and Ink, and the little ones don't really need any tools, they're the pinnacle of zombie "evolution," as close to a perfect killing machine as zombies can get.
    But we do know (or it's at lease been hinted at) that Ink/TOWTM does use tools. He was around both times the zombies set up ambushes and I'm willing to bet he was the one that moved the cars into position. And then there was that whole workshop in the basement of the hospital with the homemade tattoo gun.
    I agree that most, if not all, Zeds will go "tool-less". One note, you say Ink used tools but we don't actually know that. For all we know, the tattoo work & any other things like that in the Hospital could have been done by captives. We have evidence that Ink can have his minions take captives instead of eating/turning them (the Arena, Failed Tanya kidnapping).

And I think that might actually come back into play before the end....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I disagree we haven't seen zombies use tools. Datu fell into a trap made by zombies. Regardless of who created the trap, be it TOWTM or smart ones they've created something disguised well enough that humans fell victim to it. If nothing else, smart ones are waiting at the bottom of the trap to take Datu to the arena. I may be stretching but I'd say that's making use of a tool.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I wondered who lit the fires that Datu reported burning in the Arena.
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I like to add that my question originated from playing Don't Starve, which is a quite an interesting survival game. The bottom line of this game is "If you can't beat it, burn it." That is why I mentioned Molotow cocktails. Does Ink really need the intact colony or just the people inside? Especially now, as there are in my opinion enough personnel available to operate the security measures which were installed to protect the colony. Can the watching posts and the other neuralgic defensive measures be run by what is left in the colony?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I disagree we haven't seen zombies use tools. Datu fell into a trap made by zombies. Regardless of who created the trap, be it TOWTM or smart ones they've created something disguised well enough that humans fell victim to it. If nothing else, smart ones are waiting at the bottom of the trap to take Datu to the arena. I may be stretching but I'd say that's making use of a tool.
    This. And don'T forget: They drove cars to create ambush sites ...
    Also remember the zombie which started using the rope spanned between The Tower und dhe neighbouring building in order to get to The Tower. Ok, this may not apply as a tool in a classical sense - but technically ... a tool, granted: prepared by humans.

So Smart Ones and tools ... Yes, is established on the show. But probably (certainly?) not so much for regulars.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I wondered who lit the fires that Datu reported burning in the Arena.
    Martin says that one lits them and others just moved them around. I have an idea who, but the question still stands.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I agree that most, if not all, Zeds will go "tool-less". One note, you say Ink used tools but we don't actually know that. For all we know, the tattoo work & any other things like that in the Hospital could have been done by captives. We have evidence that Ink can have his minions take captives instead of eating/turning them (the Arena, Failed Tanya kidnapping).

And I think that might actually come back into play before the end....
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Manipulations objects, manipulation others. Sounds tool-like to me.
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Yeah, I concur to all replies thus far. However, why has there been this "bruce force" attack on the colony? Where was the cunning strategy in order to minimize zombie losses? Bottom line, are the smart ones just not so smart? Are are they only intelligent yet not creative? Or they are simply drones who have to rely on a orchestrating boss like Ink / Randy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast