User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Wnd #55

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Not sure if I can undo it. I'll look into it
    Might be a database change

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Chapter 7

Did not hear a little one in the sweat or tagging. Did hear a crow in the tagging. Foreshadowing Scratch's arrival at the tower. Alternatively, it would be about the time she says...

Better start running!

They go to the arena tomorrow and Kalani is held captive prior to Datu's Capture.

My guess is Scratch and Latch are sent out when the tower falls to try and find it by the gunshots and chaos.
    We also are told by Datu that some of the biters change direction.

Interetingly, Michael is too tired to insult Burt after the mission and goes to sleep. That fits, but it also happens when angel slaps him on the shoulder and plants the suggestion of sleep. That's twice

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

I hear crows at the pumping station. Can't parse this easily. Also, Samantha is going to say some ungodly number of days in captivity. That blows up the above crow, better start running connection. damn. But, the way to acccount for a huge number of days is an aberrant sleep wake cycle, not caused by a body's circadian rhythm. More with the sleep stuff. What did Witch_Doctor call it, necro narcosis? But 20 to one is wayyyy tooooo much compression. Lol. I'll tell you one thing, I am going to have an all I can eat crow buffet if I am wrong on this.

Double damn, it would fit so nicely if Samantha didn't open her mouth...

I am king Arthur and I wear a tinfoil crown lol
    Likes Hoff4D, Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Hmmm... Assumption, associate crow with the family and not scratch specifically? Some of the people with CJ were also Family? This works, but its thin ice. This crow thing sounds awesome, but I do not think I can tie it to scratch unless there is yet another backstory and we are running out of time.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    So, spin it around. Maybe the survivors are beginning to understand "zombie". Granted this is more complicated, but the contagion, infection, narcotic, alters behavior, physiology and perspective. Why not language?
    I really only had one reaction to this:

Everyone is already infected... I was only going to post the video to be silly, but this just jogged something loose that has been quietly incubating in my brain waiting for the right moment to pop out... This is gonna get weird and disjointed as I go through my chain of thoughts.

Tanya has said that she could discern no difference between infected blood and normal blood. This might be because her training is as a veterinarian and might not have included things like the human side of immunology, microbiology, virology and so on. She may not know what to look for or not recognize something that shouldn't be there. Like the recently discovered giant viruses that were thought to be something else they were so large...

Then my train of thought blew through that station when I came to the realization that:
    Maybe Tanya's inability to find anything is because whatever "it" is, it's not out of the ordinary because IT'S BEEN THERE ALL ALONG.

But what is "it?" Surely human microbiologists even in a fictional setting would have found something like that, right? Not if it's hidden in plain sight.

When I started the ""Ink," the origin and meaning of his tattoos..." thread I mentioned in the Hydrocarbons section that the chemical symbol on his wrist resembled Benzo(a)pyrene's carcinogenic interaction with DNA. As I mentioned, A great deal of these hydrocarbons are found in coal tar, oil, fossil fuel, ect., the stuff found underground.

I (think I) penned that well before the Inglewood Haze really came into play. Many Hydrocarbons are/can be gaseous or be easily aerosolized. I've also mentioned my suspicions about the nature of ancient viral DNA that has been incorporated into the Human Genome. (Articles HERE and HERE.)

Then it struck me. We're not already "infected." We are already latent "Zombies." Of the entirety of the Human Genome, 98% of it is Non-Coding. The Hydrocarbon laden haze attacks the DNA directly like a carcinogen and unlocks the non-coding DNA and forces it to code. (Again?) Now, some of this Non-Coding DNA does actually have function, it's just not part of the blueprint that makes us Human. It is likely though, that like the ancient viruses, some of the code are genetic fossils of pieces what we used to be. Different people of distinct genetic histories and/or different parts get unlocked and get expressed resulting in the menagerie of zombies: biters, runners, jumpers, behemoths and so on.

TOWTM and the Inklings? He just might understand what is going on and is steering this retro-evolution to suit his needs. The hospital? Ch. 23 3/3 @4:18 "Blood soaked bed was surrounded by countless needles." I'll bet he is/was experimenting with drug/steroid/hydrocarbon cocktails to select the perfect latent DNA activation.

This brings me back to the Arena. Something tells me that it wasn't just feeding and entertainment for the horde. I think it is more likely that it was training and selection for new Inklings.

Where's my Hat?

(And here I was, fearing my well of inspiration was going dry.)
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Oct 23rd, 2013 at 10:38 PM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post

This brings me back to the Arena. Something tells me that it wasn't just feeding and entertainment for the horde. I think it is more likely that it was training and selection for new Inklings.

Where's my Hat?
    I like this idea of an Inkling training ground, where they learn to play with their food.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I like this idea of an Inkling training ground, where they learn to play with their food.
    As I mentioned sometime back somewhere else: When Angel and Riley hide in the pile of dead bodies there is a strange noise which pretty much resambles the average "cry" of Little Ones ... And to make things worse: Samantha was a fertile woman, so what else except for food or fun could she have been used in the Arena after she was dragged away from R2-DATU?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I'm a fan of the new format. Fucking recap. More Britt. Less no Britt.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    You know what is better than Brombacher alone? Listening to Brombacher while drinking Krombacher!

Likes LiamKerrington, scbubba, Litmaster liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    As I mentioned sometime back somewhere else: When Angel and Riley hide in the pile of dead bodies there is a strange noise which pretty much resambles the average "cry" of Little Ones ... And to make things worse: Samantha was a fertile woman, so what else except for food or fun could she have been used in the Arena after she was dragged away from R2-DATU?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Yes, you did mention this. It makes better sense under this light.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast