Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan

Pin Arena/Hospital Theory - the re-visit *Potential Spoilers*

Hi guys,

Potential Spoilers if you haven't gotten to the Arena and Hospital areas yet, so catch up before reading on...

you have caught up now? good, carry on..

Firstly, apologies if this has already been filtered through someone elses mind and made it to the interwebs already but I have a theory surrounding Ink(pin-striped suit man) the arena, hospital and ... Samantha.

I think that there is more to this than meets the ears. Firstly.. Datu never "seen" what happened to her as he looked away. and Sam never recounted 100% on her experiences I believe.

I think that the whole lighting fires and gathering was too cultish to be a random feeding frenzy.. the biters all ate using the stockpile a la Angel y Riley. So there has to be something else to it.

the Hospital has a chair with a tattoo needle and Ink wasn't very dextrous when inputting numbers into the keypad at the tower, but then again he did catch an arrow..and the numbers on the "little ones" were described as crude. also the finger nails and blood every where.. maybe the victims were bloodied or semi butchered to become little ones.. maybe its a demonic ritual given the nature of Ink's tattoos? also indications of demonism could be the fact that the earth is opening up into mysterious depths, perhaps a version of hell has sent out its minions.. ( i digress )

I believe there may be a direct relation to what happened in the arena with Sam, to the creation of the little ones. and if so there may be a potential confrontation with little one Sam vs Datu and Hope. possibly a conflict that may result in the unfortunate ending of Datu in a mixture of emotion. (although i hope not)
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

lol anyone agree/disagree? thoughts?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

He's an artist, and like all artists there are areas of his life that are less than perfect. He's got poor coordination dialing phones, he's terrible at reading menus, he doesn't know how to drive. There are a lot of things about him that are--what one might consider--points of contention. He's trying okay? Give him a break.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Snatching an arrow out of the area is a feat based on your reflexes, while connecting the meaning of numbers, the user-interface of a keypad, and the lock-mechanism is something that is based on your intelligence or capability of analyzing and understanding information. Therefore I think that both types of actions cannot be compared.

But I walk half way down the road you describe: There could be more to it then jus a ritualistic way of feasting upon poor victims in the arena. But if there is a direct connection between the arena and the hospital, I don't know ... Both places are way too far away from each other; why would Ink or a group of smart ones first start a ritual in the arena in order to mark the Little Ones in the hopsital? Why wouldn't they place the tools for tatooing right into the place of the ritual. That's why I think that direct connection would be a stretch.

About demonic stuff (or shit) ... I dunno as well. Up until now WA has been quite down to earth; anything was sort of measurable in terms of natural sciences or natural paradigms ... The "demon"- or "hell"-theme does not fit - in my opinion. And yet: Considering the specialities of Inglewood I am not 100% certain that there is no 'occult' or 'demonic' element at all in WA-verse ... I guess season 4 will tell ... And season 4 will kick in pretty soon ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Arch_Will liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I agree with Liam on the supernatural critique. Anything of that nature are probably only symbolic to Ink/TOWTM/BillRoberts/Pinstripes, but this is based on that author's interviews as well as the straight forward natural causes in the story. Not saying that there are no cultish elements, just that there probably isn't anything supernatural going on.

It seems like his cognitive abilities are a bit affected. Mimicry, trouble with numbers yet able to write them, albeit sloppily, but functions at a level more sophisticated than animals or the other Zs.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

well isn't Zombie-ism in itself an act of the occult... forgive me if my assumptions or retrospective analysis of a paranormal book read 20 years ago is misplaced.. wasn't the term "zombie" a term used to describe those who were revived/woken up after being affected by the drug tetrodotoxin and used as mindless slaves by witch doctors many years ago? - i digress tho.

i'm just a tad eager to find out which direct KC takes us.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Yeah, the voodoo zombie is based on what you mentioned above. Sounds like you may be referring to the book, The Serpent and the Rainbow, or one like it? Yep, that was definitely the occult yet there was a natural explanation behind it.

Personally, as I am listening to the story, I picture the outbreak having some sort of natural cause and Ink is an occultist who is taking advantage of his unique response to the infection. That is, he is somehow not affected the same way or as fully as other zombies (smart people become smart zombies, psychologically disturbed people become strange zombies.) Someone wrote that she thought perhaps Ink was not really insane but was under the influence of some intelligence that directed him to ground zero. And, this intelligence's influence manifested itself as hallucinations of a cult-like nature, which could explain Ink's tattoo choices. This sounds clever to me, but I'm almost ALWAYS wrong on here.

I can't wait to see where KC takes this. Also, please don't apologize for anything you think up. That's what the forum is here for. What do you think?

those who were revived/woken up after being affected by the drug tetrodotoxin and used as mindless slaves by witch doctors many years ago?
    I don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Jul 1st, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Yeah, the voodoo zombie is based on what you mentioned above. Sounds like you may be referring to the book, The Serpent and the Rainbow, or one like it? Yep, that was definitely the occult yet there was a natural explanation behind it.

Personally, as I am listening to the story, I picture the outbreak having some sort of natural cause and Ink is an occultist who is taking advantage of his unique response to the infection. That is, he is somehow not affected the same way or as fully as other zombies (smart people become smart zombies, psychologically disturbed people become strange zombies.) Someone wrote that she thought perhaps Ink was not really insane but was under the influence of some intelligence that directed him to ground zero. And, this intelligence's influence manifested itself as hallucinations of a cult-like nature, which could explain Ink's tattoo choices. This sounds clever to me, but I'm almost ALWAYS wrong on here.

I can't wait to see where KC takes this. Also, please don't apologize for anything you think up. That's what the forum is here for. What do you think?
    those who were revived/woken up after being affected by the drug tetrodotoxin and used as mindless slaves by witch doctors many years ago?
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post

joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Will View Post
    well isn't Zombie-ism in itself an act of the occult... forgive me if my assumptions or retrospective analysis of a paranormal book read 20 years ago is misplaced.. wasn't the term "zombie" a term used to describe those who were revived/woken up after being affected by the drug tetrodotoxin and used as mindless slaves by witch doctors many years ago? - i digress tho.

i'm just a tad eager to find out which direct KC takes us.
    Hi there.

The voodoo-zombie roots in the "nzumbe", which afaik refers to an undead or unliving spirit of who- or whatever.
    But there are different ideas involving zombies - like for example the really existing zombie-ism based on the "ophiocordyceps unilateralis" fungus; this one transforms insects into liveless zombies without any occult being involved.
    Considering the different sources of zombie-ism in popculture you may also find the sources of it in toxic waste, radiation, interstellar sh*t, bio-engineering gone wild or purposely exaggerated, or even worse storyboards and scripts ...

The question now is: What zombie-idea lingers in the dark mind of our beloved Zombie-Lord Kc?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast