User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit View Post
    Going through a relisten I am surprised how many times people ask Michael if he read something and he hasn't. It's his idea to do the logs, but then after the first few days he doesn't seem interested in reading them anymore. He doesn't read Carl's report about what happened at the Chinook. He is supposed to be a MI Analyst but he doesn't ever seem to want to analyze the intel he has haha.

And I can't count how many times Tanya asks him if he has read the journals and he hasn't. The annoying part is they usually start to argue and so if feels like we never really get out of Tanya whatever discovery she has made. It seems like Tanya has made herself into a zombie expert, but that knowledge seems to stay mostly with her. If we do lose Tanya at some point that will be quite a loss.
    Sometimes it's just audio-drama mechanics coming out. They have to tell us things rather than read them, so sometimes it's better to do it this way. Michael hadn't read the report yet from Carl, and if he had they might have responded to Boulder sooner. Story-wise, it was better that he didn't, since it was intended for Boulder to fall.
    Likes scbubba, Unit liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Sometimes it's just audio-drama mechanics coming out. They have to tell us things rather than read them, so sometimes it's better to do it this way. Michael hadn't read the report yet from Carl, and if he had they might have responded to Boulder sooner. Story-wise, it was better that he didn't, since it was intended for Boulder to fall.
    That makes sense. Wasn't there a time when Tanya asks if Michael had read the journals, they argue a little and she walks away and says she will talk to him when he gets his head right, but we don't really hear what he she was going to tell him that she found? I'll have to go back and listen again. That may have been to help develop the character's personalities but I am the overly curious type haha
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Yea, happened just before Tanya Storms off and is subsequently dragged by Randy.
    Likes Unit liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Once Michael signs his new orders and gets filled in by Kimmet at Irwin we are told that Irwin has outposts 'all over the place' on various 'special missions'. We know about the team to Pantex to get the nukes (though that was when they first arrived) and we know about the team to Long Beach where Long gets hit. But what other teams? Where did they go? Were they taken out in the nuke blasts as well or was Kimmet embellishing a little on how many teams they had in how many places? Or will we run into another team at some point who was out when the blast happened and has been wandering looking for other survivors since?
    That was the "Info Dump" briefing that tool place at the beginning of Chapter 29; 2/3. I summarized it HERE, but the juicy parts you are referring to are:
    • Ch. 29 2/3 @ 1:32 "There has been a great deal of time and energy establishing a decent range of communications." (Implies relay stations.)
    • Ch. 29 2/3 @ 1:42 "This map shows Irwin and all the current locations of our personnel." "They're scattered all over." (Rescue, Special Ops, Recon mentioned later.)
    • Ch. 29 2/3 @ 3:12 "...and how many out in the field?" "By last count, I think 182." (The "in the field" count may not include outposts.)

Something worth mentioning in the second pass minutiae vein was something that happened later that relates to the content of the briefing. (I also mention it with the summary.)
    During the siege and fall of Ft. Irwin at 11:43, Kimmet kicks Michael and Puck out of the C&C. Before Michael leaves he steals a sat phone and a directory. Later at 11:59, "What'd ya swipe?" "One of the sat phones and the directory. All the line numbers."

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    In real life, Dick Cheney came in and put RR's Continuity of Goverment on steroids. I still think the damage to the country was so much that many sites went dark and off the air. I hope they begin to awaken at the one year mark. But, I think a lot more is known about the world than is written into the story, because it is about the characters and events surrounding Michael.
    Continuity of Government, also known as Continuity of Operations, is a fascinating, yet eerily terrifying subject. Not just Regan era... the entirety of the Red Scare "Duck and Cover" Cold war era. Also included among them are the Civil Defense, CONELRAD, the NEAR Program, Autovon and the DSN, EBS & EAS... Primary, secondary, tertiary, quaternary and so on layers of operational redundancy that are a rabbit hole of operational contingencies. It's no wonder that some of those programs and activities use names and phrases from Alice in Wonderland. Operation Looking Glass, Wonderland and so on.

Among those, I would like to know the status on NORAD at Cheyenne Mountain. The facility was built to withstand a 30 megaton blast within one mile of the facility. I'm sure once it went hermetic, nothing would get in there.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Dec 27th, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Unit liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    That was the "Info Dump" briefing that tool place at the beginning of Chapter 29; 2/3. I summarized it HERE, but the juicy parts you are referring to are:
    • Ch. 29 2/3 @ 1:32 "There has been a great deal of time and energy establishing a decent range of communications." (Implies relay stations.)
    • Ch. 29 2/3 @ 1:42 "This map shows Irwin and all the current locations of our personnel." "They're scattered all over." (Rescue, Special Ops, Recon mentioned later.)
    • Ch. 29 2/3 @ 3:12 "...and how many out in the field?" "By last count, I think 182." (The "in the field" count may not include outposts.)

Something worth mentioning in the second pass minutiae vein was something that happened later that relates to the content of the briefing. (I also mention it with the summary.)
    During the siege and fall of Ft. Irwin at 11:43, Kimmet kicks Michael and Puck out of the C&C. Before Michael leaves he steals a sat phone and a directory. Later at 11:59, "What'd ya swipe?" "One of the sat phones and the directory. All the line numbers."

Continuity of Government, also known as Continuity of Operations, is a fascinating, yet eerily terrifying subject. Not just Regan era... the entirety of the Red Scare "Duck and Cover" Cold war era. Also included among them are the Civil Defense, CONELRAD, the NEAR Program, Autovon and the DSN, EBS & EAS... Primary, secondary, tertiary, quaternary and so on layers of operational redundancy that are a rabbit hole of operational contingencies. It's no wonder that some of those programs and activities use names and phrases from Alice in Wonderland. Operation Looking Glass, Wonderland and so on.

Among those, I would like to know the status on NORAD at Cheyenne Mountain. The facility was built to withstand a 30 megaton blast within one mile of the facility. I'm sure once it went hermetic, nothing would get in there.
    Fantastic analysis, I've thought about NORAD before too and all the other bunkers scattered everywhere. They could survive years without having to crack the door open.
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    This is going to be the catch all small tid bit thread for things you noticed on a re-listen of the show. While this isn't exactly a small thing I'll start with something posted in another thread which combines Liam's thought and mine...

There's a possibility that Randy was Michael's brother. Kelly describes Michael as not fitting the only child mold early in Season 2 and it may be one of the reasons Michael won't talk about what happened at the Water Works when he broke his arm.
    I was right!! Randy was a brother in arms to Michael!! Oh, yeah!! Happy Dance!!
    Likes Elisa, scbubba liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Fantastic analysis, I've thought about NORAD before too and all the other bunkers scattered everywhere. They could survive years without having to crack the door open.
    One thing to note on Cheyenne Mountain, once it's sealed, nothing gets out either. Depending on how things happened, Cheyenne Mtn could have been overrun if there were turners in the guards/staff on-site. It takes a little bit of time to close off the doors and perhaps one or more (it just takes one, after all) got in and then everything got sealed up. For all we know, it could be quite a zombie hive at this point.....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    i am too shocked to get the facts were all unknown to me yet .. quite interesting the read has been

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    In ch39 Chemical Reactions, when Michael and team bring in the bitten trainee girl and the dead behemoth, Tanya is looking at the girl and she says her eyes haven't started to cloud over but that she has definitely already begun to turn. How does she know that the girl is turning already?

The girl is unconscious from chloroform and from what I remember the only ways we know that a person has begun to turn are the eyes, aggression, or they feel themselves turning... none of which we had in this scenario.
    Likes alexcadtek liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    In ch39 Chemical Reactions, when Michael and team bring in the bitten trainee girl and the dead behemoth, Tanya is looking at the girl and she says her eyes haven't started to cloud over but that she has definitely already begun to turn. How does she know that the girl is turning already?

The girl is unconscious from chloroform and from what I remember the only ways we know that a person has begun to turn are the eyes, aggression, or they feel themselves turning... none of which we had in this scenario.
    Eyes can still give signs even though they haven't clouded over. At that scene, they are close to starting to cloud.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast