Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I read three sentences....then said "red shirt came up with this, im sure it's right."
    Likes buzzbros2002, Osiris, scbubba liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Thats a really polite way of saying Too Long Didn't Read. But true I suppose.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Beaumont, CA. Down the freeway from the waterworks.
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell LikedVeteran
    If that is actually what happened, I'd love to see how KC would be able to explain it within the time and story constraints he has.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    Thats a really polite way of saying Too Long Didn't Read. But true I suppose.
    truth.

waaay over my simple mind, i did go back and read it last night. i like the theory as a thought process/stream of ideas...but sweet jesus. were this theory actually something kc constructed and used as a basis for his "zombies"....and integrated that into the story/his world...well, that would be impressive...(hint,hint...red shirt...write something....)
    KAW

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    I don't necessarily think this is THE theory but Red shirt hits the main points either in his theory or in his little critique afterward.
    Things we know so far:

1. It came from under ground

2. Its "Zombie symptoms" surfaced simultaneously across the world.

3. Its symptoms affect different people in different ways.

4. Transmission is possible through contact with blood and saliva.

Things we're guessing:

1. A command chain of sorts has become established within the infected population (TOWTM is possibly not one figure but a zombie "Class" of its own.

1.5 Randy would appear to be below TOWTM in the command structure based on events in the final chapter, I will re listen soon to confirm it.

2. Its capable of adapting. The emergence of the little ones suggests intelligent design of some kind (numbering and clipping of nails within the hospital).
    The disappearance of certain "Specials" suggests there is a selective force present. Whether in the case of jumpers this is natural or artificial selection is hard to say.

Any thoughts or additions? I may start a what we know thread as a source for theory lovers if thats not out there.
    That way theories can improved and disproved more easily.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I think starting a thread like that is an excellent idea. Gopher it, Jonny!

I've been away too long.
    KAW

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    We've been through this, my name is not Johnny xD .
    I shall do that tomorrow, I'm off to eat fish and chips while watching Doctor Who.
    *That last sentence is even half true although I'll let you guess at what half.*

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I don't necessarily think this is THE theory but Red shirt hits the main points either in his theory or in his little critique afterward.
    Things we know so far:
    1. It came from under ground
    2. Its "Zombie symptoms" surfaced simultaneously across the world.
    3. Its symptoms affect different people in different ways.
    4. Transmission is possible through contact with blood and saliva.
    Things we're guessing:
    1. A command chain of sorts has become established within the infected population (TOWTM is possibly not one figure but a zombie "Class" of its own.
    1.5 Randy would appear to be below TOWTM in the command structure based on events in the final chapter, I will re listen soon to confirm it.
    2. Its capable of adapting. The emergence of the little ones suggests intelligent design of some kind (numbering and clipping of nails within the hospital).
    The disappearance of certain "Specials" suggests there is a selective force present. Whether in the case of jumpers this is natural or artificial selection is hard to say.
    Any thoughts or additions? I may start a what we know thread as a source for theory lovers if thats not out there.
    That way theories can improved and disproved more easily.
    We've been through this, my name is not Johnny xD .
    I shall do that tomorrow, I'm off to eat fish and chips while watching Doctor Who.
    *That last sentence is even half true although I'll let you guess at what half.*

My thoughts exactly! Good job of pointing out facts from conjecture. Also, a great point about KC having a lot to divulge within the time he has left in the story, if Red Shirt is correct. But, KC did say in an interview that the audience will learn just enough to understand how the outbreak started. So, Red Shirt could still be onto something at a higher degree of detail than will be revealed within the story. Maybe even more detail than what KC had planned.

My guess is that KC will keep the cause simple, i.e. vague. More like something here caused this by doing that. Too many details make for awful Sci-Fi to the sciency type. Like Latch says, "Simple works all the time. Try to complicate it with too many details; that's when you get caught."

Oh, My guess is that you'll be watching Doctor Who, but you'll be eating fish fingers and custard. Ah, Ah, am I right Johny English?
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; May 18th, 2013 at 08:53 AM.
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Not quite. I'd already had my fish and chips. And yeah I totally agree about the science.
    I hate it when people try and do science but don't get there facts right. Keep it vague and don't try to be a Scientician.
    How ever it still fun to theorise using science etc.

The thread is not yet up as I had technical problems and lost my original draft. Then rage quitted.

"Lurker"

Status

I think your close to the right theory. Review the reported areas...they are either part of the "Ring of Fire" volocano's or like Hawaii, they have volcano's/fault line's. There is a theory that viruses are from deep in the earth. Viruses might not even be alive. That does not explain how the zombies are being engineered, the "little ones" and the numbered ones...also, how to explain Ink?
    I think we the audience have been kept out of the loop with some vital information....I suspect when Michael was on his own and broke his arm...he said the experience was horrific and Angel stopped him from telling his story. I think Michael has secret knowledge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast