User Tag List

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Thanks. I'm driving so I can't delve too deep right now.

"Lurker"

Status
    I loved this chapter! I was blown away today.

"Lurker"

Status
    I am hoping for the return of Pegs. I also have a feeling they will end up back in LA. I am wondering how the rest of them will reconnect, what is going on at the Colony? I feel like the stories were getting really separated, but now that Boulder has been toasted, maybe we'll get to know what's going on with the rest of the original gang.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Leave it to KC to nuke half of civilization and put the other half in danger of being destroyed. Welcome to "We're Alive. A Story of Survival".

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I'm shocked no one has suggested tardust as the potential fixer of the phone. He's good with the radios after all.And he is much closer to the two necessary pieces than glenn.

Episode was aight................................just aight................................

So we will see the KODI again. Michael is likely going to have to fight a war on two fronts (zombies and mallers), and I've found a new path for burt to die: "oh pegs is dead? *bang!* so is the old man"
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I'm shocked no one has suggested tardust as the potential fixer of the phone. He's good with the radios after all.And he is much closer to the two necessary pieces than glenn.

Episode was aight................................just aight................................

So we will see the KODI again. Michael is likely going to have to fight a war on two fronts (zombies and mallers), and I've found a new path for burt to die: "oh pegs is dead? *bang!* so is the old man"
    And David is just a sculpture. :P

I might not be recalling, but I don't recall Tardust showing particular aptitude, and we're talking about a fairly complex repair, at least from a technical standpoint, if I'm to understand correctly. That being said, my suspension of disbelief would not be stretched if he was in prison for FCC violations, or if someone else could do the repair. But, I was unsure if they brought the broken phone with them.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Tardust doesn't have the broken sat phone that holds the redial memory. I'm sure it's still with Glen or back at Dunbar.

And Tardust seems very capable. He is the techie of the Mallers.
    Last edited by Pillars; Oct 15th, 2012 at 04:40 PM.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Nedjema
    There's always a possibilty that kimmet will blow the nuke under irwin if irwin becomes overrun like boulder...

As for the colony becoming the place to put all the boulder survivors, i don't think that'll happen. I don't think the colony is big enough for everyone, and plus, the colony is in southern california where the inklings/adlos came from in the first place. If boulder and possibly irwin can become overrun, I don't think the colony can stand a chance, especially with how close it is to ink and the special zombies.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

It's nice that Datu is on hand to fix the Pelican. But what's the point if we don't have Pegs to fly it? Does anybody else suspect she's going to put in an appearance at Fort Irwin next episode?

Lots of ways she could do it. In my favorite scenario Pegs and Kelly arrive at the Rendezvous Point only to find that the convoy has already left. But they also find all the helicopters that were abandoned due to low fuel. They fly one to a nearby airport, refuel and fly it back to Fort Irwin. Once at Irwin the old gang load into the repaired Pelican, along with KODI. And who knows, maybe they'll all end up back in LA.
    ...and that's why you are favorite.

That make sense! Only Glenn would get it working, so is it now Glenn the almost as resourceful as Datu the resourceful . They got in the van, b line to Liz and jet back to the other tower. Just think A-team style!
    It's funny that you should mention the A-Team because as I was listening to this episode in my car and speeding to school, I kept thinking, "I love it when a plot comes together." This episode was really enjoyable. There were call backs and some action and some character building. Michael got to be funny, Tanya got out of her bubble, Hope was a total pill (she's rapidly becoming a favorite), Chekhov's gun was fired in terms of Datu coming back and fixing the helicopter and we got a mysterious phone call at the end of the episode. It was really satisfying to see so many things coalescing at once.
    Also, now I'm super afraid that *Kegs is dead and have all sorts of feelings, which is terrible because emotions are dumb and should be hated.

I dunno, Kimmet is seeming QUITE wishy-washy now. As stated in the show, he's never been in this situation before, so he has no clue what to do. He does what he thinks is right, but is slowly realizing everyone second guesses him for Michael. Once the others defer to Michael, he accepts what he says....but will not accept him on his word alone, as he demands power. I think Michael is going exactly the way of Angel...SHOULD be in charge by rank, but not in charge based on experience/tactfulness
    Michael is going the way of Angel? No, I can't see that. I really don't think Michael has the inclination to be an officer. He slipped very easily back into his role as a NCO, which is actually one of my favorite things about him--he doesn't have a great desire for power, though he could command it. I think that Michael would rather a competent but more malleable officer took Kimmet's place. And as far as we know, Michael is probably one of the more experienced soldiers on the base, in terms of combat experience and managing civilians. There are probably more officers on the base who we haven't met. One of them would most likely take over for Kimmet, were he incapacitated.
    But who knows? As Shakespeare once wrote: "Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them." I think Michael is the latter. (I have my issues with him but Michael's a good NCO. Maybe even a great one. If he plays to his strengths, he might yet see some people through this apocalypse.)

The safer alternate route is to travel south along the eastern face of the Rockys into New Mexico, then catch I-40 in Alburquerque and follow it all the way to the Fort Irwin area. There are a few areas in northern Arizona that could be tricky, but there's much less chance of the route being blocked by snow drifts.
    Another thought on the longer southerly route, it passes through Colorado Springs and Albuquerque which both house major military installations. These would be good stop points for equipment. Also, they wouldn't be dealing with as much snow in the mountains, can you say Donner Party? What is throwing me off is didn't they say the evac point was on I-70?
    The I-40 through Albuquerque is a very good idea. In December, it's cold enough for snow but it's dry on our side of the mountain (seriously, look at a Google map). Also, snow doesn't last long in New Mexico, even if the roads aren't ploughed.
    Also, there's a chance that there a lot (relatively speaking) of survivors in New Mexico. Low population density, high gun ownership outside of the cities, and lots of people living off the grid. The survivors might be hard to find, but they're probably there (an apocalyptic event might even bring them to town.)

adlos
    Okay, what the hell does this stand for? I keep seeing it around and can't find the post that defined the term.

*Kegs is my portmanteau for Kelly and Pegs. Even though portmanteaux are demode, I love them...by which I mean both portmanteaux and Pegs and Kelly. I'm going to be super down if Kelly doesn't ride into town on a sled pulled by zombie slaves in the same episode that Scratch and Burt fight to the death in a volcano.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by stat View Post
    Okay, what the hell does this stand for? I keep seeing it around and can't find the post that defined the term.
    ADLO = Advanced Little Ones. I prefer Inklings myself but ADLO doesn't seem to be going away.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast