User Tag List

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ok I might get an earfull for saying this but I kind of don't like how things are going do far for the humans. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and the writing done so far by KC, an issue I am having right know is that I don't see any chance for us to win. with pretty much all of the USA gone dark and the last safe place for humanity gone and Irwin "possible" about to fall, I don't see any ending that will end positively, and I don't mean sun shines and rainbows happy but I just me oh god we just barly won but it's going to take forever to get back to how we were. Its all starting to get really depressing and I fell I'm starting to listen to the slow but fatal extinction of humanity. I still plan on listening to the end, but I just fear what will be waiting for us at the end of this road

"Lurker"

Status
    Maybe Ink found Glen, he makes the call and listens in as Micheal gives away their position, just in time to come and lead his army of super-little-ones. Let the siege of Irwin begin! Just as the battle reaches it's climax... We're treated to 3 chapters of the dialogue-free adventures of Mr Whiskers catching rats in the ruins of the tower. Brilliant.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    It's nice that Datu is on hand to fix the Pelican. But what's the point if we don't have Pegs to fly it? Does anybody else suspect she's going to put in an appearance at Fort Irwin next episode?

Lots of ways she could do it. In my favorite scenario Pegs and Kelly arrive at the Rendezvous Point only to find that the convoy has already left. But they also find all the helicopters that were abandoned due to low fuel. They fly one to a nearby airport, refuel and fly it back to Fort Irwin. Once at Irwin the old gang load into the repaired Pelican, along with KODI. And who knows, maybe they'll all end up back in LA.

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN TRAVIS View Post
    Ok I might get an earfull for saying this but I kind of don't like how things are going do far for the humans. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and the writing done so far by KC, an issue I am having right know is that I don't see any chance for us to win. with pretty much all of the USA gone dark and the last safe place for humanity gone and Irwin "possible" about to fall, I don't see any ending that will end positively, and I don't mean sun shines and rainbows happy but I just me oh god we just barly won but it's going to take forever to get back to how we were. Its all starting to get really depressing and I fell I'm starting to listen to the slow but fatal extinction of humanity. I still plan on listening to the end, but I just fear what will be waiting for us at the end of this road
    Personally I'm hoping for that. That would be more realistic then the fairy tales we've become accustomed to. Humanity isn't invincible. For the most part we're overly capable animals blundering around the planet making obvious mistakes at basically every decision.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

"Scavenger"

Status
    Theres only a few ways zombpocolypse can end okay, and the Brooksian way is very rare. We're either going to end with the last two human survivors left on Earth walking off into a progressivly dim sunset, or everyones gonna die, but thats okay, cause the chopper that was gonna get them off the mall didn't have the fuel anyway. I've got a bit of the same problem, in that this episode really does kinda put the nail in humanity. We are watching an extinction. Thats how Zombpocolypses end, generally. We keep listening for the characters, to know why this is happening, but yes, humanity is done unless theres another mass wrinkle, and thats a long shot. This will not end well, and I'm not talking rainbows and sunshine, I'm taking about Michael not eating his gun after getting all the journals together in a library with no one left to read them.
    Last edited by Privateer; Oct 15th, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Well, I've been thinking it ever since the story switched from the Colony battle to Ft Irwin and now I'm calling it; They're all gonna end up back in LA.

My guess is that the next chapter will go back to the colony. Either we'll see Saul and the gang, (or whoever makes it through) fight off the convicts, and force them out of the colony (I don't think we can have Scratch die just yet) or it all goes to hell for them and they're forced to leave the colony, get the phone repaired back at the other tower and call for help, in the hope they can get out of LA before Scratch tracks them down.

Unfortunately for them, shit hits the fan at Ft Irwin, and whatever's left of the survivors there are forced to abandon the base. With nowhere else to go they fly back into LA where (depending on how the battle pans out) they get to land in the nice secure colony (with an angry Scratch biding her time outside) or at the other tower (with an enraged Scratch hunting them down).

Regardless I'm loving this all so much, and a part of me wants to be completely wrong just so I'm even more gob-smacked later on.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Ok I might get an earfull for saying this but I kind of don't like how things are going do far for the humans. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and the writing done so far by KC, an issue I am having right know is that I don't see any chance for us to win. with pretty much all of the USA gone dark and the last safe place for humanity gone and Irwin "possible" about to fall, I don't see any ending that will end positively, and I don't mean sun shines and rainbows happy but I just me oh god we just barely won but it's going to take forever to get back to how we were. Its all starting to get really depressing and I fell I'm starting to listen to the slow but fatal extinction of humanity. I still plan on listening to the end, but I just fear what will be waiting for us at the end of this road
    I would say that maybe we're assuming too much in terms of the global situation. It could very well be the case that there are other parts of the world unaffected that may yet come to play in this story (if at all).
    All that we really know about the global situation is that the outbreak hit West coast USA, Japan, China and Hawaii. Maybe whatever happened to cause the outbreak has just hit areas around the Pacific ocean. Could give us a lot of hope for the rest of the world to have survived, or at least put up a defence. Maybe the worlds survivors have taken to the seas in fleets of ships and humanity becomes a seafaring, migrant race, who knows. Either way there's still hope yet.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Graves View Post
    I would say that maybe we're assuming too much in terms of the global situation. It could very well be the case that there are other parts of the world unaffected that may yet come to play in this story (if at all).
    All that we really know about the global situation is that the outbreak hit West coast USA, Japan, China and Hawaii. Maybe whatever happened to cause the outbreak has just hit areas around the Pacific ocean. Could give us a lot of hope for the rest of the world to have survived, or at least put up a defence. Maybe the worlds survivors have taken to the seas in fleets of ships and humanity becomes a seafaring, migrant race, who knows. Either way there's still hope yet.
    I'd scale back on it a bit. Remember, as far as Irwin knows, the whole world's gone dark, and you can't tell me they don't have sufficient shortwave or HAM radio gear to get off the continent with ears, and that they wouldn't be listening to everything. They chomped through the U.S. Fairly quick, nothing saying they wouldn't get through Eurasia just as fast. Kcs already given us the safeplace surprise with Irwin and Boulder, he might not do it again. But, there is a whole nother season, so, maybe!

"Scavenger"

Status
    We need a mini timeline that maps the events from when Saul and Victor first saw the Chinook to now. Compare the events from LA to Irwin/Boulder. The journal entries give us info on what day it was and how many days it took while waiting. How much time passed between the colony civil war to the sat. phone transmission?
    Last edited by Pillars; Oct 15th, 2012 at 03:01 PM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillars View Post
    We need a mini timeline that maps the events from when Saul and Victor first seen the Chinook to now. Compare the events from LA to Irwin/Boulder. The journal entries give us info on what day it was and gown many days it took while waiting. How much time passed between the colony civil war to the sat. phone transmission?
    Elsewhere in the thread, I think someone calculated it as 2 Days.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast