User Tag List

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I'm personally a little interested in the abandonded hummer....when/why/how etc....
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    well, it depends, what major cities are there between irwin and boulder and why would they have been traveling between the two? in short, all of the roadways outside of major cities (and i mean by some distance) would be clear, since most were trapped in the city, especially out west where you have so much space between the different cities.
    Ah, good point. I just took a quick glimpse of the distance. I'm too lazy to actually look up what cities lie between them. But I am going to assume you are right. I don't think KC would overlook something like this, especially when our heroes were trying to flee California and found so much congestion. Since it was brought up then, I'm thinking that the freeway between Boulder and Ft. Irwin must be fairly clear of traffic and debris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Could be the Army corps of engineers had cleared it specifically for transporting survivors to boulder back in the day?

Im a little curious as to why the secondary route, the one Datu took by following the jerk who attempted to hijack them, was already plowed.
    That's also likely. I'm sure that they would want to create a safe route between Boulder and Irwin so that supplies and people didn't have to rely on a C-130 for travel.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Random thought of the day:

Started yet ANOTHER relisten to the whole series, when describing Saul, Michael says he came from the mountain division....couldn't handle the cold.

1 - a nod to future setting?

2 - Sauls got the base virus and would freeze in the cold, hence hating it so much, lol

3 - Saul stayed in the colony for the climactic reasons, it goes way deeper than Lizzy's bun in the oven.
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I'm personally a little interested in the abandonded hummer....when/why/how etc....
    Let's see if we can build the story around the clues:

It's was dead but no blood on the hummer.
    There were bullets left, but it wasn't the casing.
    It seem to be there for a while.
    All the doors were open.

Maybe the hummer just died and the troopers were more to another transportation.
    Odd that no one came by bring it back to the base for repair.
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    Random thought of the day:

Started yet ANOTHER relisten to the whole series, when describing Saul, Michael says he came from the mountain division....couldn't handle the cold.

1 - a nod to future setting?

2 - Sauls got the base virus and would freeze in the cold, hence hating it so much, lol

3 - Saul stayed in the colony for the climactic reasons, it goes way deeper than Lizzy's bun in the oven.
    or the fact that he's black. black people have more melanin in their skin which reflects sunlight, so he would be more suited to a sunnier, and warmer, environment than say a colder climate where it also tends to be cloudier, and where he would be more susceptible to sun deprivation based illness. on the reverse, us white folk can better live in places with a lot of cloud cover, because we have less skin pigment and absorb more sunlight, making better use of the time when the sun is actually out. germany, for my brief years there, was cloudy like, all the time, and also pretty cold. then again, some people just don't like the cold

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Corporal Puck couldn’t believe how badly he’s fouled things up. It was supposed to be a simple supply run to the outpost outside Yermo, just drop off some recruits and a couple of truckloads of supplies. But something had gone wrong, and now he and his little convoy were lost on a lonesome stretch of highway.

He looked to the private driving the hummer. “Pull over, I need to check the map”. It only took a moment to confirm the ugly truth, he should have turned right when he hit I-40, not left!

“Driver, what’s your name? Did you catch that road sign back behind us?”

“It’s Carl, corporal. The sign said Newberry Springs”. That was bad! They’d gone a good 30 miles in the wrong direction, and they were deep in un-patrolled territory.

Thinking fast, Puck announced, “Okay, we’re at the limit of our patrol. Let’s turn around and head back to the outpost”. Carl put the hummer in gear and started a wide turn, the three 5-ton trucks following slowly.

But just as the hummer reached the edge of the road everything went to hell. The 50 caliber on the lead 5-ton opened fire, shooting over the top of the hummer. Carl, startled, let go fo the wheel and the hummer careened into the ditch by the side of the road. He threw it into reverse, but they were in too deep a hole to get out under their own power.

Puck was out in a flash, looking in the direction that the truck was still firing. Zombies. A whole field full of them moving toward the freeway.

“Everybody out,” he shouted to Carl and the three recruits crammed in the back. “Grab your shit and get in the trucks...now!”

Carl grabbed his rifle, but somehow released the magazine, which fell base-first to the floor well, ejecting 5.56mm rounds around the cabin. Carl grabbed the emptied magazine and started to collect the rounds, but stopped when he heard Puck shout for him to, “Leave them!”.

As his little convoy sped away from the abandoned hummer Puck couldn’t help wondering how he was going to explain all this to Colonel Kimmet.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    or the fact that he's black. black people have more melanin in their skin which reflects sunlight, so he would be more suited to a sunnier, and warmer, environment than say a colder climate where it also tends to be cloudier, and where he would be more susceptible to sun deprivation based illness. on the reverse, us white folk can better live in places with a lot of cloud cover, because we have less skin pigment and absorb more sunlight, making better use of the time when the sun is actually out. germany, for my brief years there, was cloudy like, all the time, and also pretty cold. then again, some people just don't like the cold
    I'm Hispanic and I live in Buffalo. Explain that.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

There would also be more black non-zoms. Thank goodness this is the most civil forum on the planet. I can see this topic going into so many horrible directions on any other forum.

Rep to everyone!
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    I'm Hispanic and I live in Buffalo. Explain that.
    i didn't say it was a rule, i just said it may contribute to his dislike of the cold. i'm a pretty pale white boy but i hate the cold. besides, the whole melanin thing is a biological fact, that is it's purpose.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    There would also be more black non-zoms. Thank goodness this is the most civil forum on the planet. I can see this topic going into so many horrible directions on any other forum.

Rep to everyone!
    true that, but i figured since the two most volatile members of the fourm (osi and myself) have reached an understanding towards each other, and the rest of the folks here are intelligent and open minded enough to not fly off the handle, i figured it was safe to mention.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast