User Tag List

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedjema View Post
    The burt torture scene. I'm with you, nik, I think burt is going to die. Bricks is dead, and probably wouldn't tell all the gory details to a pregnant, emotional lizzie. So that leaves... scratch?
    I dunno. I think Bricks could have told Lizzie. He seemed to cave to her pretty easily. I guess we will find out shortly. But I think the twist of either the finale or next season will be Scratch joining up with the main group. Maybe she is on her death bed and tells all or legitimately joins the group.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Hey, anyone else wonder what happened to the body of Inkling #2? Seems like it would be too dangerous to just toss into the trash. I wonder if it will play a roll later in the story. Does Tanya get to the brain?
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Oct 23rd, 2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Don't forget that Saul is originally from Los Angeles. As a fellow Californian I can confirm that you can grow up here and never, ever experience truly cold weather. In my case I left California when I joined the Army and suffered during every winter I was away. Kentucky and Texas were bad. Germany was brutal. I could not have handled living in Buffalo, where the "Mountain Division" that Saul was assigned to is based.

As far as the weather at The Colony, it wouldn't be significantly different from the weather in Downtown LA.
    Truth be told, I was just being an ass....the time between episodes can drive a man to insanity, so as to keep the forum pumping, I threw some randomness into the void, and the forum did not disappoint...
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    Theres only a few ways zombpocolypse can end okay, and the Brooksian way is very rare. We're either going to end with the last two human survivors left on Earth walking off into a progressivly dim sunset, or everyones gonna die, but thats okay, cause the chopper that was gonna get them off the mall didn't have the fuel anyway. I've got a bit of the same problem, in that this episode really does kinda put the nail in humanity. We are watching an extinction. Thats how Zombpocolypses end, generally. We keep listening for the characters, to know why this is happening, but yes, humanity is done unless theres another mass wrinkle, and thats a long shot. This will not end well, and I'm not talking rainbows and sunshine, I'm taking about Michael not eating his gun after getting all the journals together in a library with no one left to read them.
    Maybe this belongs in the theories thread... but I think we are going to find a natural resistance exampled by Saul & his mom. Remember the vapors at ground zero? and the fact that the Army (what's left of it) kept waiting for her to turn... but obviously she hasn't. We'll see if they don't come across more...

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_127 View Post
    Maybe this belongs in the theories thread... but I think we are going to find a natural resistance exampled by Saul & his mom. Remember the vapors at ground zero? and the fact that the Army (what's left of it) kept waiting for her to turn... but obviously she hasn't. We'll see if they don't come across more...
    The "natural resistance" has one flaw ... Do the survivors have the means to "engineer" something to either protect the remaining survivors or to deploy as biological weapon against 'em zeehs? If neither is the case, what would be the point in having to zeeh-resistance humans?
    Laboratories in Boulder are no more. Would the medical facility in Irwin be sufficient for such a task? I have some doubts. And the 'hospital' in The Colony? I doubt it. Maybe the hopsital in L.A. would be the place to go for ... But it is held by the zeehs as far as we know ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    The "natural resistance" has one flaw ... Do the survivors have the means to "engineer" something to either protect the remaining survivors or to deploy as biological weapon against 'em zeehs? If neither is the case, what would be the point in having to zeeh-resistance humans?
    Laboratories in Boulder are no more. Would the medical facility in Irwin be sufficient for such a task? I have some doubts. And the 'hospital' in The Colony? I doubt it. Maybe the hopsital in L.A. would be the place to go for ... But it is held by the zeehs as far as we know ...
    In terms of survival of the human race... you don't need a lab. You just need to make babies. And protect them for about 10 years or so. Easy.

I see your point though. It depends on the nature of the resistence. If it is as easy as injesting local honey, or if it requires major biological engineering.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Hey, anyone else wonder what happened to the body of Inkling #2? Seems like it would be too dangerous to just toss into the trash. I wonder if it will play a roll later in the story. Does Tanya get to the brain?
    I think the details of the x-rays and/or brain scans of #2 will come into play at some point. Kimmet letting Tanya out of her cage is almost hinting at something may happen where Michael needs Tanya to get out of Irwin and tag along to LA like someone mentioned earlier. And also the details of the autopsy we already know doesn't seem too substantial, where as X-rays or brain scans should hold much more value and maybe even a twist...
    Last edited by Pillars; Oct 23rd, 2012 at 05:59 AM.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues_127 View Post
    In terms of survival of the human race... you don't need a lab. You just need to make babies. And protect them for about 10 years or so. Easy.

I see your point though. It depends on the nature of the resistence. If it is as easy as injesting local honey, or if it requires major biological engineering.
    Well, we also have key points in the storyline that show Tanya and Saul with the medicine....this leaves quite the breadcrumb trail for a possible vaccination, but perhaps not a cure.....While I think the natural resistance is plausible, I'm thinking the antibiotics theory has a bit more backing it
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    Well, we also have key points in the storyline that show Tanya and Saul with the medicine....this leaves quite the breadcrumb trail for a possible vaccination, but perhaps not a cure.....While I think the natural resistance is plausible, I'm thinking the antibiotics theory has a bit more backing it
    Do you think Tanya used the same antibiotics on others (ex. the slow turner) that she used on Saul and herself? I know she said that there wasn't a plentiful supply, but she probably tried them once or twice on others that eventually turned.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Hopefully Tanya being out will help explore this... I can see the bread crumbs do seem to be pointing to the Meds... I imagine she was experimenting with doses, combo's etc. so it is a definate possibility she used the antibiotics on others... but I imagine she wouldn't repeat with her son the exact process she used with others that ended up turning.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast