User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

If the sat-phone in the hands of Glenn has a couple of saved contacts, it pretty likely will be some for Fort Irwin.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    I don't think they will have survived the blast. The more this story goes on the more human these zombies are starting to appear to me. By that I mean they bleed out, they freeze, they die from a strike to the throat (albeit a possible spinal nerve disruption). Bottom line is that unlike most StorieZ where the only thing to kill a Zombie is separating the head, there are other options in our story.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I am not one to put a stop to theorizing, but can we take a moment to talk about the idea of Glowing Zombies...Remember what Tanya said about them during the autopsy: They're not that dissimilar to us. They have some extra "padding" as it were against physical trauma. You do have to remember that what kills humans, kills them too.

If there are zombies outside the red circle, they are just as likely to suffer from radiation poisoning as regular people are. If they are in the blast zone, they are not coming out glowing like Blight from Batman Beyond.
    I agree with you both. I was just prattling about how awful it would be if they could survive a nuclear blast...

The more I listen, the more despair I feel for what remains of the cast. Everything seems to be snowballing at lightning speed...the only hope that remains is that Saul, Victor, CJ and the original Colonites are successful in overthrowing the Mallers down South, paving the way for a new "safe" zone via the satphone & Ft. Irwin hookup...in my opinion anyways
    Last edited by zombeh-kitteh; Oct 11th, 2012 at 01:58 AM.

The Doctor...

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Maybe Pinstripes has nukes. It only Takes One to start a nuclear conflict. No, not really.

Wow, this series just keeps being awesome.
    "We're coming to get you Barbara!!!" -Ed (Nick Frost)

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I sounds like there were never very many satphones in service between Boulder and Fort Irwin. Most of the comms between the two seem to have been local phones that were routed through a "gateway" on either end to relay it via satellite. The Boulder gateway is gone now, and as far as we know there are, at most, only two satphones remaining with the Boulder survivors, one of which came from Fort Irwin with the air assault teams.

So whose phone number is on the satphone that Saul and Victor have? Is it one of the ones that Kimmet and Michael have, or one of the ones that went to Boulder?

I don't think there's any possibility of Fort Irwin hearing Saul/Victor/CJ's police radio communications. Police radios have comparatively short range, and require networks of repeaters to communicate over long distances. The Dunbar crew had to set up their own network of repeaters to be able to communicate the way they're doing it, probably powering them with solar power sources. I doubt that a chain of suitable repeaters ever existed between LA and Fort Irwin, and if it did the repeaters would have gone down when the power did.

I know the Military Police at Fort Irwin used commercial police radios when I was there, but I don't know if that is still the case.
    Since the sat phone Saul/Victor got was from a team sent from Ft. Irwin, I would hope their 'redial' would link them back up to a phone in Ft. Irwin....But this does give us a spot that Kc could throw in a plot twist, and have us once again grasping at straws to make contact again...
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I had been thinking that once the story of Ft. Irwin and Boulder "caught up" to the events occurring at the Colony, that Michael would suddenly get a crackled phone call from Saul. In one deft swoop we'd learn that Saul, CJ, and the rest were successful in surviving the civil war at the Colony, AND had also managed to get back to Glenn and Pete to restore life to the broken SAT phone.

But...I think it actually might be a while before such an event goes down.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Can I ask this to those who believe robins and pegs are an item: how to you reconcile this thought with robbins saying he'd never heard of someone from la?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Can I ask this to those who believe robins and pegs are an item: how to you reconcile this thought with robbins saying he'd never heard of someone from la?
    Because Pegs would have told him about Michael, so he would know to watch what he says around Michael.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    So I'm guess that Michael or Puck is going to suggest scan and broadcasting on all bands for survivors. That probably where both stories are going to connect. Since they know that at least one Sat-phone was still out there at Boulder and everyone in the cars have radios. Also KC can drop a line of Michael said "What you guys are still alive?!" Saul said "We're Alive!" Unless, they are captured and Scratch answered. "Well, well, never thought of heard your voice again. Yea, we're still alive, for now. Where is she?"
    Dammit, apparently you are to awesome because I can't rep you anymore until I find more awesome people!
    I can totally hear Jenna saying that line in my head and it's CREEPY!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

So, there was only ONE C-130 aircraft?
    What did Kimmet mean in "Beyond Our walls" when he said that Fort Irwin and Boulder where the only safe zones in North America and as far as he's concerned it's enough?
    Why do I spin conspiracies late at night when I should be asleep?

G'night
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Lurker"

Status

I have come to the conclusion that Datu will make it to FT Irwin. How? Weeeellll when I was listening to the episode fr the twentieth time I noticed at the rest stop station, hopes voice gets that far away sound. Which means we are probably listening to it through his point of view. And since he probably left his journal back in bolder and its all explodie now he has to at least make it to Irwin to tell someone about it. Hope will most likely make it too, and now that she's apologized for the attitude I'm able to somewhat forgive her and she is off my who KC needs to kill next list.
    Last edited by lenarinn; Oct 12th, 2012 at 05:21 AM.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast