User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    And on those lazy days, a quick whistle to our dog sled huskies and were dug out in no time at all.
    Dog teams FTW!!!
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    but this is precisely why i think he's dead, or dies that is. His actions, or story come from his journal, and from Victors recollection (we have solo Victor scenes but I'm sure none of Saul if not obviously from his journal).
    My thought is that Saul wasn't writing until ____ happened. So it's possible that he is dying as he wrote it, but my gut feeling is that Saul didn't like the journals to begin with, so something is MAKING HIM write it down.

But I have been wrong before, so he could be dead.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    My thought is that Saul wasn't writing until ____ happened. So it's possible that he is dying as he wrote it, but my gut feeling is that Saul didn't like the journals to begin with, so something is MAKING HIM write it down.

But I have been wrong before, so he could be dead.

He's not dead till the fat girl sings and I'M NOT SINGING damn it! No body no proof of death and so far he's still alive and kicking.. don't make me cut someone up!
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    He's not dead till the fat girl sings and I'M NOT SINGING damn it! No body no proof of death and so far he's still alive and kicking.. don't make me cut someone up!
    : )

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Disappointed we didn't reach some conclusion with the Colony. Very happy to hear Michael et al again. Especially since I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've heard Michael and Puck interact since I met the real life inspiration for Puck.

Riley will get her chance in combat. And she should have been through basic already so she should have the very basics of military combat at least. She may suck at it, but she learned it. She is now better equipped to take out Scratch.

Red Winter...hmmmm.....Boulder is about to get straight fucked up........
    I'm wondering if Riley's already been on a mission and something went wrong. Based on Puck's comments, he seems more concerned about her "watching his back", than just an ordinary rookie soldier.

Also, I believe Puck saw Michael collecting the samples. "what the hell are you doing?" "just checking for ID" - Really? He bought that?

Note to self: find out what "Red Winter" reference is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    There were some tantalizing clues to the overall situation in this story. Some observations:

• Big Macs at the mess hall? That speaks to a pretty robust supply situation. Either there's a supply of fresh beef available along with wheat, vegetables, etc. (via Boulder?), or there are frozen stores that are still viable. Both seem like good signs this far into the zombie apocalypse. My first thought when I heard the title "Red Winter" was that it could mean the survivors might face starvation, but this makes me think they might be better off than that.
    Baked Mac & cheese, even better. Yum.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    I know, I'm sorry. I don't want him dead either but do you remember all that talk quite some time ago where folks were talking about him dying...around chapter 20-ish (if i remember correctly)...I just think now is the time that it makes sense....

Prediction: Lizzie names the baby Saul, in memory of him.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Alright, I still plan on re-listening tomorrow, but did I hear that the chinook was going from LA to Boulder straight? Like non-stop? I haven't been on the forums much because of the usual three (family, work, education), but this got me thinking.

I must re-listen tomorrow morning anyway. I was taking a test while doing the once-over.

By the way, I love the tone of this episode. It has an old-time radio drama feel. Kind of reminded me of when my dad played some old radio mystery dramas when I was a kid.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

another 2c:

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Meh... maybe, but we've been down that road already. You really think that Kc would use the same plot device twice?

Then again, the chopper is out of contact and presumably went down. The guy did mention that Captain Long is "stabilized and restrained in the back of the Chinook...and they've locked up the other guy too... just in case." So if they bird went down because of a Zed attack, it wasn't from these two, most likely.

And I doubt it was Pinstripes. Our inked-up Zope has been too busy making Zombiedactyls to do any of that grunt work on his own...

the Zope [a.k.a. "Zombie Pope"], copyright 2012 by Litmaster Int'l. All rights reserved.
    Yeah, it would be down the same road a second time. And I partially agree: Because Long and the other guy are locked down in the Chinook, a zombie-attack on the Chinook-crew would require other zeds to intrude the Chinook, unless (!) the wounded soldier has turned into something pretty strong - like into another little one as what happened with Roman; sorry for stressing that: We don't know in what particular way Roman was wounded and infected in order to mutate into a little one; again the question: would the scratching with the fingers be sufficient to infect someone?
    And remember the little one/Roman(?) dashing in the metal-door of the school in chaper #30. Now, I guess inner doors of a chopper won't be much stronger then that, because of weight and stuff ... So how unlikely would it be that the crew within the chinook would have to deal with such a nasty situation of at least one Zed from the inside?

Pinstripes is a really far-fetched wild guess only acknowledging his intellectual development or skills, but not accounting for his base - the hospital. But what about a smart one trying to grab the chinook and to get into it? Still far-fetched ...

About temperature and Zeds: OK, L.A. is 'warm' in winter - especially compared with the regions around Fort Irwin. I did not consider that. Still the very beginning of #33 shows us that Zeds still react to noise and sweat-bombs near Fort Irwin (Barstow/ Newberry Springs) in this cold time of the year. Their decreasing number and/ or activity I would not be connected with the temperature, unless they maybe hide in warm places like humans do. Also Skittles told us that they eat each other and thus decrease their numbers and/or activities.

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Sep 4th, 2012 at 01:33 AM. Reason: minor corrections
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    I'm wondering if Riley's already been on a mission and something went wrong. Based on Puck's comments, he seems more concerned about her "watching his back", than just an ordinary rookie soldier.

Also, I believe Puck saw Michael collecting the samples. "what the hell are you doing?" "just checking for ID" - Really? He bought that?

Note to self: find out what "Red Winter" reference is.

Baked Mac & cheese, even better. Yum.
    I think she has as well. I meant to imply another chance at combat. I agree she went out at least once and pissed off puck in the process.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    My first thought with this episode was: "RILEY YAY! " then "don't put Riley in a corner! "

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I think she has as well. I meant to imply another chance at combat. I agree she went out at least once and pissed off puck in the process.
    From what I understand, her behavior started to get in her way. Last time we saw Riley she was bitter and drunk, that never build a shiny soldier (specially one who never had a military background). So my guess is that she's a crappy soldier mostly because of her new and VENGEANCE NOW personality. And second, maybe she's not doing so well without a bow. It's a shame, really, because she's such a badass with what she knows and everyone else who never saw the Legolas Action Scenes seem to look down on her.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast