User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

CJ takes over The Colony

I'm thinking when the smoke clears at the Colony, the Mallers will be routed and Scratch will have to make a tactical retreat. With the Mallers gone and Gatekeeper being a shadow of his former self this is going to create a major power vacuum. Since CJ had the forethought to stockpile the weapons and plan the raid, I think the remaining Colonists will see her as a natural leader and she'll be reluctantly roped into bringing order from chaos.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    My thought was that CJ would die during the fighting, possibly at the hands of Scratch, but I like your idea better.

CJ would be the perfect person to lead the Colony through the rebuilding process once the Mallers are gone. She's not tied to any of the Colony's old factions, and her efforts made their liberation possible. With Gatekeeper and Victor as her advisors, and Pete as her cabana boy, she should be able to whip that place back into shape in no time.

I'm still hoping that Scratch will make a clean get-away. After the SWAT Van has been emptied of guns, and the Colonists have gained the upper hand over the Mallers, I can see Scratch and Tardust capturing it and using it to make their escape.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Yeah I like that idea of CJ staying at the colony, but not just to get it back in order, but to establish it as a base on behalf of Fort Irwin. I still think that she is a prior service member just like Michael/Angel/Saul. she's a good planner so I'm guessing she's an officer.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

Interesting thought. But I have trouble with some details.
    First: Would take over the Colony, if she learns that Gatekeeper fucked up big time regarding Sean?
    Second: Would the Colony accept a completely new and unknown leader again - after gatekeeper's coup made some things better and after The Maulers pushed them back into slavery?
    Third: Why would CJ abandon her fortress with additional ressources, her data-base, one major weapon-stash, the communication-network, and all the save-house around it?
    No, I don't see CJ taking over the Colony, although the idea offers some challenge to the story. More likely she will get into deep shit, if she does not survive this new war ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Uh, because, now this is assuming that comms are established with Fort Irwin, which I think we all do, that the colony will no longer be a singular respite for survivors. The surviving colonists will not stay unless thay want to, some will train and some will go to Boulder.
    The thing with Gatekeeper is a moot point, that is if gatekeeper survives anyways. The way it's been I don't think Victor's going to say anything. I think Gatekeeper is close to passing away anyways and what he did won't be told. The colonists don't have to accept anything. They'll be happy to be able to get on with their lives in Boulder or Fort Irwin...and I think CJ will be re-enlisted and be happy to begin operations from the colony.

oh and i just thought of something. The colony may be a good place to round up a crap load of zombies lured in by the Tanya/military developed "sweat option" and somehow destroyed.
    Last edited by Robzombie; Aug 29th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    My thought was that CJ would die during the fighting, possibly at the hands of Scratch, but I like your idea better.

CJ would be the perfect person to lead the Colony through the rebuilding process once the Mallers are gone. She's not tied to any of the Colony's old factions, and her efforts made their liberation possible. With Gatekeeper and Victor as her advisors, and Pete as her cabana boy, she should be able to whip that place back into shape in no time.

I'm still hoping that Scratch will make a clean get-away. After the SWAT Van has been emptied of guns, and the Colonists have gained the upper hand over the Mallers, I can see Scratch and Tardust capturing it and using it to make their escape.
    I'm fairly sure CJ and Scratch will both survive. CJ, to help rebuild the Colony & be an uncomfortable angle on the CJ/Saul/Lizzy love triangle and Scratch is just too much of a major catalyst in the LA part of the story line. Scratch will get away clean, possibly wounded, but not down for the count.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    Yeah I like that idea of CJ staying at the colony, but not just to get it back in order, but to establish it as a base on behalf of Fort Irwin. I still think that she is a prior service member just like Michael/Angel/Saul. she's a good planner so I'm guessing she's an officer.
    I would be surprised if it turned out she is/was part of the military. The Colony would make a good FOB for Ft. Irwin though. Maybe an ex-cop?

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hi.

Interesting thought. But I have trouble with some details.
    First: Would take over the Colony, if she learns that Gatekeeper fucked up big time regarding Sean?
    Second: Would the Colony accept a completely new and unknown leader again - after gatekeeper's coup made some things better and after The Maulers pushed them back into slavery?
    Third: Why would CJ abandon her fortress with additional ressources, her data-base, one major weapon-stash, the communication-network, and all the save-house around it?
    No, I don't see CJ taking over the Colony, although the idea offers some challenge to the story. More likely she will get into deep shit, if she does not survive this new war ...

All the best!
    Liam
    1. I'm thinking she would find out later rather than sooner and that would make for some nice fireworks.
    2. IIRC, Gatekeeper wasn't exactly a benevolent leader. I would think that even if she is an outsider, the fact that she did free them, has no desire to lead or subjugate them and her planning skills would be the things that would make the Colonists accept her.
    3. That is why I said she would be reluctantly roped into the role. I'm sure she has no intention of leaving her nicely fortified home.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    Uh, because, now this is assuming that comms are established with Fort Irwin, which I think we all do, that the colony will no longer be a singular respite for survivors. The surviving colonists will not stay unless thay want to, some will train and some will go to Boulder.
    The thing with Gatekeeper is a moot point, that is if gatekeeper survives anyways. The way it's been I don't think Victor's going to say anything. I think Gatekeeper is close to passing away anyways and what he did won't be told. The colonists don't have to accept anything. They'll be happy to be able to get on with their lives in Boulder or Fort Irwin...and I think CJ will be re-enlisted and be happy to begin operations from the colony.

oh and i just thought of something. The colony may be a good place to round up a crap load of zombies lured in by the Tanya/military developed "sweat option" and somehow destroyed.
    My guess for this is Ft. Irwin is about to have some major problems of its own and can't come to their aid. Which pisses Michael off and somehow caused him to wind up in the stockade.
    Last edited by BigBossMan; Aug 29th, 2012 at 05:27 PM.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

Ok, you have some valid points. Interesting. Would be exciting to see things evolve in that direction. And having the Colony as a sweat-bomb-trap would be kind of cool ... But that would also require them leave the hospital and Northern L.A. to move to The Colony ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Hi there,

Ok, you have some valid points. Interesting. Would be exciting to see things evolve in that direction. And having the Colony as a sweat-bomb-trap would be kind of cool ... But that would also require them leave the hospital and Northern L.A. to move to The Colony ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Or it could just be wishful thinking on my part and I'm talking out of my ass. lol
    Last edited by BigBossMan; Aug 30th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I believe that if she wanted she would take the Colony over. She also seems to have a heart and might look on the beaten and broken Gatekeeper and spare him.

Yes. Again CJ could be seen as a strong leader/planner and a natural leader.

Third: Why would CJ abandon her fortress with additional resources, her data-base, one major weapon-stash, the communication-network, and all the save-house around it?
    CJ would abandon Dunbar cause the Colony is a better place to live. It is larger, has space for crops, good security, and lets face it, few people really to live alone if they don’t have to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast