User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mageftw View Post
    I Think Lizzy is experiencing stockholm syndrome. scratch is giving her freedom around the colony as she was in pete's shop but still being monitored. Maybe it is scratches intentions for Lizzy to identify with her so she can get info on the tower people and there location. or scratch has feelings for Lizzy, she has no more Iuse for her so why keep her?
    I have to agree with what some other folks were saying before. Lizzy is a trained psycholosomething. She knows what thats about, and I think its clear feom how she tried to get away that she'd rather not be there. Also, from how she lept into Scratch's brain. I'm fairly positive that asking if Scratch knew what the thing was on the sonogram was less identifying that, and more coaxing Scratch towards something she was clearly avoiding.
    Last edited by Privateer; Jul 2nd, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    I have to agree with what some other folks were saying before. Lizzy is a trained psycholosomething. She knows what thats about, and I think its clear feom how she tried to get away that she'd rather not be there. Also, from how she lept into Scratch's brain. I'm fairly positive that asking if Scratch knew what the thing was on the sonogram was less identifying that, and more coaxing Scratch towards something she was clearly avoiding.
    So you think Lizzie was reading into an emotional response Scratch was having versus a look of perplexity or something else less emotional? That does seem highly plausible as well.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    :O I just had another thought. What if Angels dad was the one who raped Scratch? During the final moments of Angels life when Scratch is interrogating him she teases Angel about his last name and the family ties. Angel has his strongest reaction to the whole thing when Scratch starts talking about Angels father and that's when Scratch corrects herself by saying "but I know you are different" ... Could the rape that Angels father was a part of be the reason Angel goes against and leaves his family and the whole crime syndicate life?
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    :O I just had another thought. What if Angels dad was the one who raped Scratch? During the final moments of Angels life when Scratch is interrogating him she teases Angel about his last name and the family ties. Angel has his strongest reaction to the whole thing when Scratch starts talking about Angels father and that's when Scratch corrects herself by saying "but I know you are different" ... Could the rape that Angels father was a part of be the reason Angel goes against and leaves his family and the whole crime syndicate life?
    My name is Nikvoodoo, and I approve ^this^ message.

I like it. That makes a whole metric butt ton of sense, and it ties everything in together: Why Angel would recognize Scratch from the beginning, want to kill her without asking questions, why exposing his first name would be a big f'ing deal, why blonde boy-o gets under his skin so much, and his reaction prior to being killed.

Sold.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Nedjema
    Damn it Kc for giving Scratch a soft side. I wanted to completely hate her, not feel any sort of sympathy for her. Now I'm confused.

By the way Scratch described her pregnancy and abortion, I wouldn't doubt if not only did she lose her child via abortion, but she left herself physically unable to ever conceive again. And then she made sure it was the same for her asshole cousin. She can never be a mother and she doesn't want to rob someone else of that right either, so she is protective of Lizzie and her baby.

Lizzie being pregnant complicates things for Saul attempting to rescue her from the colony. Outside of the colony and the doctors a pregnant woman hardly stands a chance. She can only survive if she can make it to fort Irwin, but that's not a guarantee. I still think she'll follow Saul out if he comes though, and Bricks will follow too.

I'm surprised at the order of the things though. It was obvious Glenn would be able to fix the sat phone (he's the master of all forms of communications), but I thought the phone would be fixed first, they would call fort Irwin, touchy reunion over the phone ("You're alive? I'm alive! you're alive? he's alive! she's alive! yay!"), and then an attack on the colony and the mallers with Irwin soldiers, Michael, Saul and Victor, and then Burt would die, guns blazing in glory. But it looks like attack on the colony first, then the sat phone is fixed, then they call fort Irwin. Well, It'll be more like a stealthy infiltration into the colony rather than an attack actually.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. I had to go back to ch. 29 to make sure I remembered what Scratch said to Angel.
    Last edited by ellea; Jul 2nd, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    only question I would have with this whole angels father thing is this...how old is scratch? Would that age math make sense?...aside from that...hell yea...im on board too. Also, I spent a few minutes google detectiving the symbol on the ring and aside from the trinity reference...i got nothing. I think the main thing we can gather from it is the "family" is three families ei: angels, scratch's, durai's..but with that...would angels father actually be the "cousin"
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Lurker"

Status
    Wiki entry for Scratch: Age: 30 at the beginning of the Story

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Nedjema
    Angel's father thing does makes sense, especially since Scratch makes reference to Angel's nose and chin being familiar. As for the age difference, he could be a second cousin (like my Dad's cousin is still my cousin), or who knows how many Aunts and Uncles she has, she could be the child of the youngest sibling, and he could be the child of an oldest. We know nothing about Angel's Dad, he could have been relatively young when he had Angel. There are plenty of families with big age differences between cousins, and I wouldn't doubt Scratch's is one.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I think you are pointing to the Nature Nuture thing in another way. I agree that the environment we are placed in does have an effect on how genes are expressed/turned on, but the genes are there from birth. Taking your blind example, you are saying if someone is deprived of light, the sight genes don't get activated, but if one of the genes for sight is not present, no amount of exposure to light or visual stimuli is able to change that. The environment can not change what is present.
    The difference between horses and humans at birth is also due to the environment and survival. While the ability of a horse to able to run and eat on day one is really important to its survival, there are a lot of environmental factors that will affect it's temperament etc there after. But neither humans or horses can change the colour their eyes etc.
    I really like this debate because I think it relates to the zombies/zombie types and how they develop. Especially in regards to the little/big ones and other types of zombies. Is the difference due to different strains or are there environmental factors causing some of them to get bigger (kind of like building their muscles.). We know that the smart ones were most likely smarter in life, but noone would grow as big as a behmouth. Is whatever causes zombieism causing the growth or activating something in the body that causes growth? Could only a certain type of person become a certain type of zombie? Was there something special about the guy who became a not so little one in the last episode?
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast