User Tag List

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    im not sure what glenn was about to say, maybe he was just going to tell the block headed Saul that CJ clearly likes him.

but I definately don't see why amongst all that going on he would just randomly say "Hey I knew a guy named Sean once"...seems a little out of place given the conversation brewing about 'we're just tennents'

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    im not sure what glenn was about to say, maybe he was just going to tell the block headed Saul that CJ clearly likes him.

but I definately don't see why amongst all that going on he would just randomly say "Hey I knew a guy named Sean once"...seems a little out of place given the conversation brewing about 'we're just tennents'
    I think Nik's idea that Glenn was going to offer to fix the sat phone is more likely.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I still smell a rat. Perhaps they were not sent to spy but to lure. They use the encrypted police band radios and Glenn states in Chapter 19/2 11:20 that he has Police Radios. They could have been eaves dropping on them since Saul and Victor moved in with CJ. You might say, "Well, why didn't he hear them talking earlier when Michael asked him if he heard anything when he was at at the Colony?" The most likely reason would be that Dunbar had been overrun before Glenn was rescued by Saul or the Colony didn't have access to a Police Radio yet. This would mean that CJ wouldn't have had anyone to talk to therefore there would not have been any radio chatter coming from L.A. until AFTER Saul and Victor move in with her.
    If Saul's voice is recognized and Scratch is still ape-shit over the the Tower folk then why not try to lure someone to the Colony instead of trying to find them in LA? Rough them up a bit, give them a peek at Lizzy. Tell them a few things about who Sean was, where he may have came from. Then let them escape. Also, Hope says that everyone knows how she became blind, so every knows about the Dunbar Tower and everyone knows that Sean was there. Glenn can put peices together easily, he's a smart ol dude.
    Plus, It make no sense for Glenn to say, "I wasn't going to say anything but I can fix your Satellite Phone." Why WOULDN'T he say that? If he wants to get the heck out he would have blurted out, "Hey Saul, I can fix that!" Instead, he didn't even hear Saul mention the broken phone because he was gibbering on about Roman turing into a zombie.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

If they are meant to lure and are listening in on police bands, why would Pete bring up the idea of being overheard? That would kinda tip one's hand wouldn't you think?

Besides, if they are trying to lure Saul into the Colony....and they have the radio and by your own scenario it doesn't make sense to seek them out in LA....why didn't they just call over the radio?

And just because he didn't hear Saul say it, you can easily see a phone broken in half. If he's emptying out the bag, he probably would have left the items in it on a table or something out in the open.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I still smell a rat. Perhaps they were not sent to spy but to lure. They use the encrypted police band radios and Glenn states in Chapter 19/2 11:20 that he has Police Radios. They could have been eaves dropping on them since Saul and Victor moved in with CJ.
    It's possible that the Colony could be eavesdropping on the Other Tower's Police Radios, but it's a long-shot. These radios are short range, and they rely on networks of repeaters tuned to specific frequencies in order to talk over distances. It's unlikely that the signal is reaching the Colony, so they'd need to send someone inside the repeaters' range to hear the signals. Plus they're encrypted, with all the radios coded in a manner that's unique to the network. You can break that encryption, but it takes a high powered computer, very specialized software and someone who knows how to do it. And CJ seems paranoid enough that she'd follow SOP and change the encryption key on a regular basis.

If Saul's voice is recognized and Scratch is still ape-shit over the the Tower folk then why not try to lure someone to the Colony instead of trying to find them in LA? Rough them up a bit, give them a peek at Lizzy. Tell them a few things about who Sean was, where he may have came from. Then let them escape.
    That makes sense. Plus it's likely that Scratch would assume that Saul was with Michael and the other survivors (including Pegs).

Plus, It make no sense for Glenn to say, "I wasn't going to say anything but I can fix your Satellite Phone." Why WOULDN'T he say that? If he wants to get the heck out he would have blurted out, "Hey Saul, I can fix that!" Instead, he didn't even hear Saul mention the broken phone because he was gibbering on about Roman turing into a zombie.
    We don't know that Glenn missed the Sat Phone. Yes, he was busy talking at the time that Saul found it, but the volume of Saul's voice went up noticeably when he found it and we don't know which way Glenn was looking at the time, he could have seen the phone and realized it was something he could fix. Near the end of the scene he also comments "is that the rest of the soldier's stuff", which indicates that he looked at the stuff Saul pulled from his bag. Besides, why would the Sat Phone have been brought into the story, and left for the survivors to find if it's just going to be thrown away with no payoff?
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Jun 22nd, 2012 at 12:42 PM.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

We were meant to hear Saul mention the phone. Also, even if the phones are encrypted, they can tell that there is some sort of radio chatter. The Dunbars even have a network.

Besides, if they are trying to lure Saul into the Colony....and they have the radio and by your own scenario it doesn't make sense to seek them out in LA....why didn't they just call over the radio?
    If the radios are encrypted then they would not have been able to just call them up.

If they are meant to lure and are listening in on police bands, why would Pete bring up the idea of being overheard? That would kinda tip one's hand wouldn't you think?
    Glenn assuages any concern about that by saying that they are encrypted. Besides, Pete is clueless. He's doesn't know what's going on at all. I think they all are, but Pete is the most clueless. He has no idea that he's been sent by the Mallers to do their secret bidding. Example: When Saul is trying to convince CJ that Lizzy is still alive he says Pete mentions Lizzy by name. Pete, trying to be as accurately helpful as possible says, "Well, actually I said Libby, but Lizzy sounds about right." Pete believes his own story because he's is telling the truth about what he knows. He didn't even want to let Saul and Victor into the school. Besides, there is no need for the Mallers to clue in Glenn and Pete on what their mission is. In fact, they might not even know that they are on a mission. They think they escaped, fair and square. They were probably allowed to escape like Luke, Han and Leia did from the Death Star. Also, who in their right mind would send Glenn all alone into deep doodoo voodoo zombieland. He sounds old enough to have overheard the Titanic's distress call first hand. Let him escape with a couple of others for his own protection. Pete must have really wanted to get out of there. His back has been beaten more severely than Glenn's arm.

Plus, It makes no sense for Glenn to say, "I wasn't going to say anything but I can fix your Satellite Phone." Why WOULDN'T he say that? If he wants to get the heck out he would have blurted out, "Hey Saul, I can fix that!" Instead, he didn't even hear Saul mention the broken phone because he was gibbering on about Roman turning into a zombie.

We don't know that Glenn missed the Sat Phone. Yes, he was busy talking at the time that Saul found it, but the volume of Saul's voice went up noticeably when he found it and we don't know which way Glenn was looking at the time, he could have seen the phone and realized it was something he could fix. Besides, why would the Sat Phone have been brought into the story, and left for the survivors to find if it's just going to be thrown away with no payoff?
    Yes, Glenn could have seen the phone clearly, but it still makes little sense for him to keep to himself his ability to repair the sat phone. If Glenn was thinking to himself, " Ooo, a Sat Phone. I can fix that baby like brand new. Better keep that to myself. I don't trust these guys, yet." Then it wouldn't make sense to say effectively, "I can fix that Sat Phone. I wasn't going to tell you guys that I could do it but then I changed my mind." CJ is already paranoid, that wouldn't help them one bit.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Maybe its because I have tired new dad brain, but I'm not following your logic at all.

The police radios are encrypted. Therefore, they can't be listening in on Saul, Cj and Victor's conversations. But in your original post you said the Mallers could be ever since Saul and Victor moved into Dunbar. Which one is it because it can't be both.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Maybe its because I have tired new dad brain, but I'm not following your logic at all.

The police radios are encrypted. Therefore, they can't be listening in on Saul, Cj and Victor's conversations. But in your original post you said the Mallers could be ever since Saul and Victor moved into Dunbar. Which one is it because it can't be both.
    I believe CJ is changing the encryption codes every time they go out on an errand. I doubt the Mallers or the Colony have/had any electronics experts that could break the encryption. I think I remember Victor mentioning that CJ had changed the codes at one point. I may have to re-listen.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    I believe CJ is changing the encryption codes every time they go out on an errand. I doubt the Mallers or the Colony have/had any electronics experts that could break the encryption. I think I remember Victor mentioning that CJ had changed the codes at one point. I may have to re-listen.
    Well that's my point. If the encryption changes (or even if it stays the same) you can't be listening in to Dunbar conversations at the Colony.

But that was the reason Witch_Doctor said they were sending people out in the first place to find Saul and Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by witch_doctor
    They use the encrypted police band radios and Glenn states in Chapter 19/2 11:20 that he has Police Radios. They could have been eaves dropping on them since Saul and Victor moved in with CJ.
    That's what I'm getting confused by. The colony would have to crack the encryption in order to be able to listen in, if they'd done that, they could call up and have the hook baited to get Saul and another live one to tell Scratch where the Tower survivors went.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast